1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

The Sauber can upset itself pretty easily even before boost kicks in. And once it kicks in it's game over unless you adapt :p. Perhaps, because it's a dangerous beast all the time you feel less contrast and that false sense of security before boost.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah...it's basically "give full throttle and then lift again." Perfectly intuitive engine behaviour :->

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see nothing floaty here. And even has you drive the Gr. Cs there is no feeling of floatiness in the steering wheel for these cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ettore

Did you see any footage of iracing? It's far worse there the amount of roll and oscillation. The only sim where rolling and oscillation are not there is AC/ACC for a good reason that the cars chassis there in general are completely isolated from the wheels (wheels move in the wheel well as if cars were Rolls Royce limos) and there seems to be a huge push down force added to keep the car in contact with tarmac..
    I think most of the visual of the vertical movements is actually exacerbated due to the camera behavior when using certain settings.

5. CrimsonEminence

When it comes to the "seat in pants" experience of the Gr.C cars, i actually find them sharp like a sword in response, as long, as pedal inputs are handled well.

Regarding the floaty look, cockpit cam might deliver some reasons here, this was discussed and it might be also a thing of personal preference. I like having the head disconnected a bit from the car, getting more long. G-Force impressions from the Helmet cam, with just very, very low look to apex. I forgot to change to telemetry without tires view, to have pedal inputs.

The discussed chicane exits were quite pedal dependent, i think, it's visible on the manifold pressure indicator, that i was playing on throttle for the exit (EDIT: meh, not really), which is hard to bring over without the actual information about pedal inputs.

The second lap in the hairpin was with almost straight wheel, but maintenance throttle, to carry the car through on maintained oversteer. Things like these are possible, because the sim delivers a sufficient impression of what is left of the car, at least on throttle. (not even talking FFB here) The sim also told me in these 3 laps, i could achieve a 1:48 at Kansai, by tryharding. I'm pretty sure. Some cars make it harder to understand, but i don't think, the Gr.C does.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ettore

I agree. Gr.C cars in AMS2 right now feel as sharp as they come in any sims right now. Nothing really floaty there.

7. Ettore

Even modern cars do take off the tarmac at times. It's perfectly normal in certain situations. Even F1s of the 2000s were having micro-jumps visible in the super-slow motion replays at Nurburgring GP chicane
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CrimsonEminence

These are total 2 wheel lifts.
    We were discussing the corner inside front wheel lift, while both rear wheels have contact to the ground. This was a pretty big 70s racing thing, i think. Saw also some Porsche and Capri doing it. (On throttle out of corners)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Sure no problem. I shall give the short version :). I just haven't got the money for a decent wheel and even more problematic, I don't have the place for a half-decent set up.
    I have a decent enough pc. I don't want to play this sim with a joypad. I had a very very cheap wheel (no ffb) and that was just crap. Also because I could not place it decently.
    This is the ultra-short version of why. If you want to know more then just ask :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. Split Second

Yeah I also think the camera is not doing it any favors. I have seen footage of iracing. But it is the sim I don't like very much.
    And yes imo (but it is too extreme there) ACC looks closer to the real-life footage to me (from inside the cockpit). If I look at footage of AMS2 and ACC and real life and I am talking about GT3 only then to my eye ACC looks the most realistic. The AMS2 more often than not looks more out of control. Like it is driving on the edge. That is similar to those moments that I also saw from crimson with the group c if he came out of the chicane. That was the same on edge. Maybe it has something to do with the differential.

11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for replying. I get where you are coming from totally in terms of being a non functioning fan. Half of the worlds internet traffic* is people watching videos of other people playing games, so you’re not so weird. I do it too with certain game types (eg MSFS).

*maybe

I personally don’t think you can judge this matter from videos. Sorry. Just my opinion, and I accept it could well be wrong.

Edit, My reason is because I think the Madness games occupy a different paradigm to other sims and certainly real motorsport.

12. Split Second

I think I judge it on real life, and also on PC2 because I see some slight similarities in that behaviour and I played that a whole lot.
    I shall say it this way. When I look at MSFS I see these planes going up and down in the sky, and to me, it is not realistic.
    I have been going to airshows my whole life. Just like I haven't missed a F1 race in my life, both thanks to my dad.
    And then when you watch footage of DCS I am just blown away. It is just spot on. It is beautiful to see. It correlates so well with real life in all departments. And that is not easy. It is rarely you see that even in multimillion-dollar movies like Top Gun 2, I always cringe how unatural they fly in those movies. I pick that up immediately.
    I think if it clicks it just clicks and no questions are asked.
    That's why I think a couple of things are happening here. And the camera is also a big one. Because otherwise, I would see it in the replay too.

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Interesting approach indeed......

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

ACC exhibits some very strange motion effects that support your point about the suspension behavior. The suspension feels more like you're riding on a magic carpet than in a car, it's very odd feeling and easily the worst motion of any title, imo.

Fortunately, AMS2 doesn't have that issue and I think the motion effects combined with the current view options are working quite well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I could never find the sweet spot with PC2 (jitter) and AMS2 has two cockpit/helmet modes each with its own set of stabilizing issue's. I hope there are further improvements coming as I like a mix of both modes.

Matey I hope you get a wheel sometime soon and come join the fun. AMS2 feels a sh!t load better than what PC2 did. I remember driving the V8 Supercar in PC2 and it felt very disconnected with the surface as it felt like I was driving 2 feet above the tarmac. AMS2 has none of that. I feel connected and with one with the vehicle for 99% of the time..

I tried to like PC1 & PC2. Too much big talk and many things unfinished which left me feeling like I got burnt a little bit times two.. Fool me once, fool me twice shame on you.. I am happy Reiza have taken this engine and shown what it can really do.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ford RS500 would fit nicely in AMS2. :cool:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I really dream this car will sometime come in ams2 too...Besides, this car is present in pc cars 2 so....

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

@Ray Sheppard
    Btw. i forgot to ask:
    When you loaded the replay, did it duplicate itself in the media gallery?

19. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. (From memory) when I select to play it, it saves a copy first. This usually happens right? I’m not very familiar with the replay system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh wow, I would not even attempt to try to get to 20nm, reckon I would end up in hospital, lol