1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Man that would be cool to try once...

Thanks for the info Dean.. :cool:

2. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Damn now that I think about it. I have blown my chance here :whistle:

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

doesn't bother me and it's your choice..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No, definetly not, but you are mixing several things up, that have not the same origin. (That's why it is hard to discuss, without having driven the sim, because the Gr.A feels completely different (actually wrong), in terms of suspension health, compared to Gr.C, which are fine at suspension, but might be still a bit grippy on soft and also likely rain tires)

5. Split Second

Ok. Maybe if I see something as flagrant as with the Gr A I will show it. That is a good compromise I think. I can certainly see that the Gr A is very different. Therefore I don't need to drive it. But maybe the devs heard it now and they can think if there is something there or not. We will see in the upcoming patches. I have full confidence in this great great team.

6. CrimsonEminence

Many things are already known, can tell you so much (i'm discussing driving behaviour of AMS2 a lot with @Renato Simioni Let's put it that way...and i can get bloody annoying) :D

And some things already have received adressing of some of the quirks by them, by adding tire damping parameters for example, which was intended to fix low speed wobble, but also had influence on higher speed stability, it's an ongoing process.
    Yes, that's an obvious case, the car was almost rolling over at Kyalami, such things don't require to drive the sim at all. The BMW M3 should now be less prone to rolling over, after hitting a Kerb, but i'm certain, it will still do this BS.

But a bit of squat on a Gr.C car on a shaky track with banked flowing corners like Guapore is something, that needs some own driving. Maybe the video creator also noticed something there, who knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. CrimsonEminence

MARIUS AT LEAST WE HAVE A GOOD ATMOSPHERE HERE, DON'T YOU DARE TO DESTROY IT NOW capslock!!!111

But actually, it is quite okay, this whole discussion is at least not the usual ad-hominem style of sim racing flamewar, we experience way to often. :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Split Second

Yeah, I know. I am weird but friendly :D. I will chill for a while. I think CrimsonEminence and others are doing great work.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. CrimsonEminence

I'm not doing any work! (Just maintain the german localization part and some testing) i'm just moaning about wrong things. (and listen to other moaning about wrong things, to find some more reasons to moan about) :D
    Reiza is doing great work indeed!:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone who may have some expertise on what was going on in that race ( :whistle: ), I can confidently state that at the time it was filmed, the Gr. A cars still had marshmallow tyres that had too much sidewall flex that leads to strange bouncing, as can be seen from the behaviour of the cars through Sunset. So that's an astute observation. It's better now, but not perfect yet.

But it doesn't have anything to do with the camera settings, and little to do with Madness engine being bouncy, rather they just haven't quite gotten the tyre parameters right for these particular cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Split Second

Yeah yeah. The floaty feeling I mentioned before (more on other cars) is more on the camera. Not this issue. Ok enough for today ;)

13. CrimsonEminence

It's likely also partially because of the suspension, btw., tires aren't the main issue with Gr.A anymore, i sassily assume. :whistle:

14. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

@Ray Sheppard
    Ray, i have contacted the driver, that caused the mayhem. Due to the lack of PM possibility i post it here, to give a public conclusion to that topic (because the name felt publicly):

He has not deliberately taken you or somebody else out actually, he was just overwhelmed with the control of the car several times and thought, the gap was free to rejoin the track, combined with a lack of awareness on track. (Grass can be a PITA in AMS2, tbf.) I can vouch for that! He was apologizing big time!!! It would be great, if you could please change the descriptions etc. and i hope, we can see you again on the AMS-Freunde races!! :) (also informed him, how to do better next time, i also NEVER experienced such a thing in the past. I was racing with many of these people a lot in AMS1)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One characteristic I notice in AMS2 is car behaviour in fast sweepers. When on the edge of grip, the cars "slip and grip" repeatedly: although informative (and fun), they produce a bouncing motion which feels a little exaggerated. I would expect the ratio of horizontal/vertical movement to be more in favour of the former than it is at present.

(Written in the full knowledge that I have no knowledge of car physics and how they are translated into a racing sim.) :oops::D

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. CrimsonEminence

Do you mean some kind of "wiggle" on the car?

18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wiggle implies side-to-side; the movement seems more up-and-down. A slight twerking, I could say. :D

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I think I know what you mean. Much of that behavior has been addressed but, not all. It's the over-aggressive grip increase that can occur under certain conditions (Compression zones, bumps, bounce, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Crimson,

I have removed those posts at your request.

And I apologise for not having pm’s available. I will sort that now.

I will be honest and say I don’t believe what has been said by the other party, but hey.