1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Bought ACC...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaveC187, Mar 9, 2021.

1. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I recently purchased ACC and I need to give it more time, but my initial impressions are:
    Graphics: solid, but optimization is not great. FPS dips when racing. The vehicle models and interiors are very nice. Tracks / road surfaces look very good. Weather is very good. But overall, I prefer AMS graphics.
    Gameplay: Really nice selection of GT vehicles. A lot of liveries and custom livery options. BUT, in my opinion, FFB is not so great. Seems dull and not "alive" like AMS2. I greatly prefer AMS2 FFB.

I am not here to bash ACC. I just bought it and I need more time with it. But overall, I am not impressed.

My point of this post: AMS2 has something really special here. The unique vehicles, tracks, graphics, FFB, etc.
    There are a few things I am really missing from AMS2: AI improvement and options for adjusting. Custom championships, with a lot of options.
    I know these things are in the works, and I cannot wait to see how AMS2 progresses. Hats off to Reiza!

No driving sim has kept a smile on my face while racing like AMS2 does!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I drive mainly AMS2 (700 hrs) but have about 500 hrs in ACC and quite like it for its GT4 cars. Personally I feel they do GT cars very well where AMS2 does everything else better.
    So for me they both have a place and I will go back to ACC from time to time but AMS2 has my heart.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC has the worst FFB of any sim for me on my G29, ive tried absolutely everything.
    Its got to the point where i dont even bother with it anymore which is a shame.
    Id like to think its better on higher end wheels?

• Like Like x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Kunos philosophy of "only realistic steering forces, no seat of the pants -feel" combined with a tyre model that feels like you're driving on sticky bricks will do that. As long as they can get some GT3 drivers to rave about how realistic it feels, I guess they're happy. I'd rather play something where driving is actually enjoyable, like AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

After giving more time with ACC, I am finding it pretty fun. I really like the amount of settings and options for race weekends, etc. The FFB does feel pretty good to me (CSL Elite), but I still find it not as "alive" as AMS2. I do think ACC FFB does give the information needed to drive the car to its limits and correct slides, etc. ACC could really benefit from graphics optimization, but overall, its a really good game. My initial impressions were not great, but after getting everything set-up and playing for some time, I am enjoying it.
    AMS2 still has my vote for #1 sim, but really needs the custom championships, AI improvements and options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

I've got every sim apart from kart kraft.. Stopped my iracing sub last year because I don't like the FFB.. ACC haven't touched for a while... I use VR only..
    No VR no drive .
    AMS2 so far is the best experience in VR and FFB is great.
    It just needs to come together. I feel people on the other side don't take it as a serious sim.
    2021 should be a defining year for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I haven't been able to get it figured out on a G29 either--I can either have it basically give me no information or have it just jerk the wheel around in my hands for no apparent reason, but can't get it to give me an indication that I'm say, understeering. Which is strange as AC is not a problem in this regard.

AMS2 is way, way ahead of ACC as a GT3 sim in my opinion. Also am a big fan of Raceroom.

8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This. I've been a long time VR driver in AC, very looked forward to ACC but despite decent representation of a series I really like I can't get it to work. The VR performance is not great, it either looks terrible to ensure smooth-ish gameplay or it's stuttering mess all the time.

KartKraft on the other hand performs well in VR, but the updates are taking forever, hopefully their new ownership means more resources added to development.

AMS2 have it all right now and it's the most enjoyable VR title for me. It's not fully there yet, but it's on the right track to get there. Currently my top sim right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

ACC is a very good sim, it accels in many areas.
    But for me the driving physics are very average, it feels stable but lacks any feel under or over the limit.
    I feel like the car drives you, giving very little expression whilst driving.
    Basically accelerate, brake, turn, accelerate, not much more is needed, very artificial for me.
    AMS2 is much more alive, in terms of Inputs required when driving upto and over the limit. Which is more inline with the real world driving experience imo.
    I think if AMS2 can take the best parts from other sims we're onto a winner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which is a good thing to go Faster's

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see what you did there... good one on 2 fronts.. (accels vs excels and Foster's vs Faster's used in the game) :D

12. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Have to agree, AMS2 would have to be the best, but I must say Raceroom is really solid now too. In 4K the graphics are good considering the old engine, but not at the level of AMS2. But, I should say the FFB in Raceroom is fantastic and the menu and functions are easy to use. I'm hoping Reiza can get their Championship mode fully customised like Raceroom.

Try the GT4s in Raceroom too - they're really good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC is a Sunday drive, AMS2 is a rodeo

• Like Like x 1
  14. BigNoseRacing

BigNoseRacing New Member

*just my opinion* - is what it is.

If this game had the match-making numbers, level of competition (quality drivers/streamers) and seriousness of iRacing no other sim that I have driven would stand a chance in terms of pure driving feel (iracing, AC, ACC) everything is subjective of course. But I love this ****en game.

Just wish we had more people in multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1