1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Stock Car Season to try?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

2020 championship or 2017?
    Just curious which would be more interesting to try. I am only familiar with two names, Caca Beuno and Rubins Barrichello (VERY sorry if I misspelled)..were there any interesting races from either of those two seasons available on Youtube?

And why does the 2017 championship use a 2019 car?

2. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

The 2017-9 cars are somewhat faster and a tad more exciting, IMO. in 2020 they introduced a new formula that has cars look more similar to their street counterparts.

I'm sure you can find highlights of the races on Youtube, but those will most likely be in Portuguese, hope you're okay with that. Here's a link to one of the races in Interlagos from 2019!

As for names, this year we'll also have ex-F1 and Indy Ricardo Zonta and Tony Kanaan!

3. P. Stevenson

P. Stevenson New Member

For me 2017, the car is much less of a handful, but you should try the 2020 car and see for yourself. It's a bit twitchy and probably needs some amount of setting up, whereas the 2017 car you can just jump in and drive.

I think the reason is that the car didn't really change in that time, it became a one car series for a bit. I could be wrong though.

4. Jeff Scharpf

Tony Kanaan! He was my favorite Indy car driver!! Thanks!

5. Jeff Scharpf

I will try the 2017 season then. Thanks for the links. I don't mind the videos being in Portuguese