1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. easy81

easy81 Member

thanks again Karsten, is there a way to have a more rubbery curb feel?

2. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Testing GT3 BMW all good at Kyalami but the Formula V12 I get a constant knocking with my DD1 even at 5 mph that increases as I speed up and is constant. Cant filter it out with the usual Fanatec settings FEI etc.. First time I felt this in any of the files.

3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Just tested V12 on DD1 and all good, feels excellent actually. But I am on old drivers, I dont trust fanatec updates.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the basic settings, I finally found the winning ticket for my G920 (certainly it is a personal opinion) ... :cool:

Even if it changes little compared to what was written before I felt a big difference ... I had settled on the values 60-30 -50-50 and, even if I was amazed by this new file, I felt a little bit out of place (but I thought then I will fix it with the changes of the values inside the Karsten file) ... all the tests I had done in SPA Ibarra, Kansai, etc. o_O

I found the turning point by trying again many cars at Nurburing which as you know is a circuit with many road disconnections, ups and downs, curbs, background road noise, etc. in short, it is very complex from a road point of view ... since I felt too many very small peaks and gaps on the steering wheel, it occurred to me to raise the damping a little over 50 to dampen everything a little more and then I set it to 55 ... everything seemed more homogeneous and without imperfections just a little flat ... then I again raised the GAIN from 60 to 65 and together with the damping 55 everything was perfect at Nurburing .... ;)

I was left with only the center and the realignment of the wheels to retune and I returned to the circuits of SPA and Kansai which as you know have many long curves, ups and downs and changes of direction (especially Kansai) ... I solved the inconsistency on the wheels by climbing the LFB from 30 to 35. ..

Finally I can say that I have finished the basic setting of this wonderful new melody on my pitiful G920 ... I remember having only set the titghten range to 0.10 and the falloff to 0.005 .. with the in-game values Gain 65 - LFB 35 - FX 50 - DP 55 ... :cool:

Tonight we play and tomorrow we start to tune the voices of the file!!! :whistle:
    Thanks everyone for the tips I stole from you!!! :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Increasing scrub frequency to 1.0 helps for me in terms of lateral load vibrations through corner. It just smooths the signal of the effect.

Tear is something I still don’t fully understand it’s overall impact, I’m not sure if it’s only really active in those situations where your dragging the tyres the wrong way after a spin or coming to a stop while sliding off track a bit, or does it have a bearing on the overall grip feel ?

if it’s important to overall grip feel I’m reluctant to change it , as I can live with it feeling a little uncomfortable if I make an error and spin etc.

I can’t say I feel the effect you describe under hard braking. Locking up (which is something I do a bit too often) feels about right, previous files the braking effect was too strong for my taste, and was physically pulling the steering away from the corner on entry , which was making entry very unbalanced. So I was turning brake effects down a full point, but it’s not so extreme in this file.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kuku Maddog

As an experiment; and I’m thinking back to my days with Logitech , I would be interested if tightening values of 0.16 0.04 combined with lower lfb gives you a nice centre ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

Try FX lower than 30.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I have tried in the past and it is as you say, You can play it. ;)

I do not do it because my perception that I have of the tightening on the center is different than the one I perceive from the LFB on the center itself... translated I like to smooth the tigthen and raise the LFB a little.

Regardless, your quoted values are correct, but for the g29 .... strangely the g920, while sharing 99% of the components of the g29, has a smaller dead zone and for example generate different lut files ... the g29 on average it needs 0.16 of tihgten, while 0.12 is enough for g920 to fill in the center ... I personally still bevel at 0.10 (or 0.11 at times) to sweeten and because I like to create a micro laxity in the exact center of the steering wheel.

Same as last for the falloff ... the g29 had 3-4% while the g920 had 0.05% :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely a major step up in the rFuctor_3 file. The one size fits all concept seems to actually work out well. Most the tin tops were fine with the same levels, and the most of the open wheels were also really amazing, with only a few small in-game FFB level adjustments needed.
    The F-V10_Gen2 was amazingly detailed and controlled at the same time. And the Ultima GTR Race was a dream to drive.
    If you want to try it out for G920 or similar wheels, see below.
    NAME: SlvrRaw-rFuktor3-MomRk-6.0-Karsten
    DATE: 03-13-21
    IN-GAME START POINT: 66-50-46-58
    LINK: ffb_custom_settings - SlvrRaw-rFuktor3_PeterS_G920

Hats off to Karsten and all that contributed ! A real game changer !

• Like Like x 3
  10. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Fanatec DD1.
    Latest two version of Silver Raw, compared to 51 version I had raise FFB gain from game 33 to 55.
    I suppose this is normal.

Thanks for your work :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

"Silver Raw - rFuktor 3.1 - Momentum Rack 6.0" - Mar 14 2021.

This has been completely co-worked with @Shadak & @Panos Schoino.

* High end file only. Please adjust for other wheel-bases & post so we can combine in one single .zip file.
    * Minor update to rFuktor 3. Values should carry straight over from that.
    * Adds more load feeling on cornering. Values: "front_tyre_stretch_feel" & "rear_tyre_stretch_feel".
    * Adds slight under-steer strengthening. This provides slightly more feel on center when the physics system slides very early on.
    * Adds front drive torque feel: Value "front_drive_torque_feel".
    * Activates "brake_feel" again, hopefully not too high.
    * IMPORTANT(repeating it): Damping slider is NOT damping as Silver Raw is rock solid. It is instead used for power-steering, the higher you set it, the more power steering assist helps on cornering.

Direct link: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-silver-raw-rfuktor-3-1-txt.13242/

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Wakkaman

Wakkaman New Member AMS2 Club Member

Kartsen big big thankyou for your custom FFB. I have a osw 30Nm and it just feels so good with your ffb file. Before I hardly played AMS 2, but AMS 2 keeps getting better and your file is the cherry on top.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Kuku Maddog

look forward to trying tomorrow night after work.
    though part of me is semi reluctant as i feel like first rFuktor was damn near as good as it can get :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

That did the trick - thank you very much :)

So far so good - liking the power steering option via the damper !!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

LoL nobody said about the naming scheme..we thought it would be fun!! Kuku, i have been saying that snce many iterations back, but the file now is super awesome and more things are coming...so stay tuned!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

The idea is still to assemble the various rFuktor files people create and put in 1 single zip file. It will be the rFuktor3.1 file used unless somebody prefers the rFuktor 3 file.
    @Peter Stefani, let me know if you want me to just copy the values over from your rFuktor 3 mod or if you will post it here & I will take that file.

It is 100% appreciated with more files per wheel base as we all feel things differently.
    So we at least need 1 file for each: t300, t500, ts-pc. G-series would be good with multiple variations, since they differ slightly, even having the same base.
    We MIGHT need some files for: CSL elite, csw 2.5, accuforce. But these might also be just fine on the existing high end file, I am not sure if some specific adjustments will help.

Anybody up for perfecting these it's much appreciated.
    Feel no shame in adding to the top line " - Modded by xxxxx", as I will have to do it if you don't do it yourself :)

Hopefully we get some people to post awesome settings for the bases, but otherwise we post what we got.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven’t tried 3.1 yet but after a lot of tinkering with settings for 3.0, it’s starting to look like the file doesn’t need much, if any tweaking for my CSL Elite. I’ll post my final conclusion soon...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Btw, the beta branch of AMS2 has further changes to the Logitech Truforce SDK.

19. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Big improvements yet again! The oversteer rebound effect is so much better in the new version, much easier to drive on the limit. I really like the power steering, ended up setting higher gain than usual and attenuating with power steering set at similar level as the main gain.

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Curious in which way?
    Does it mean that when using that wheel base, you have extra adjustments in-game?