1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m afraid I don’t know. The patch notes say “Further tweaks and cleanup of new TrueForce device and Logitech sdk support”. Elsewhere they specifically mention the Logi G923.

I just thought it was worth a mention in case any Logi owners go down a tweaking rabbit hole with this change incoming.

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, I think it's because the wheel base might not support direct input then, so Reiza has to work with a direct SDK instead. It hopefully should not affect much, most likely it's technical work on Reiza's side that is strictly implementation details with no effects on the FFB signal itself.
    Guesswork on my part for sure :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Testet rFuktor 3.1 on my DD1 now, and I'm impressed :) A long time ago I thought v38 and v43 was just about as good as it was going to get, but you and your team never fail to impress, Karsten :)

Testet my favorite Porsches, the GT3, GT1 and 962C on the Nordschleife, kept the same settings for all of them, and it felt really good :) I'll probably do some finetuning for each car eventually, but for now I'm just going to enjoy driving.

Fanatec settings:
    FFB: 75%
    INT: 10
    FEI: 70
    All other filters off.

In game:
    Gain: 40
    LFB: 10
    FX: 25
    Damping: 10

No tweaks in the file, kept everything at default values.
    This gave me peak forces on my DD1 at about 11NM. Possibly a bit light for the old cars, and probably a bit heavy for GT3 with power steering, but a fine baseline for further adjustments.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

I'm not really happy with the new FFB update.Im gonna give the rFuktor a try!

5. Karsten Hvidberg

I will check on my base with no smoothing and see what can be done.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I've tried RF3.1 now.

As other's have said, you've manage to surpass the brilliance of the previous file. Amazing work.

So far I've tried the Copa Fusca at Taruma & the F309 at Suzuka.

The Copa Fusca just felt like a thing of beauty. The feeling of weight and the balance of forces is just so subtle and IMO perfect.

The F309 felt unrecognisable and at first I was a little perplexed. Previously it had a kind of wooden feel and felt a bit unexciting to drive. After a few laps it clicked with me, and I could drive it again. The new file makes it feel like an edgy monster. Very nice.

My in game settings are: 70/50/55/~50. I did feel the need to change the power steering effect (damping) when switching cars, but honestly, between 2 such different cars, I think that is pefectly fine. I also changed FEI on my wheel from 100 to 90. (BTW, Non DD Fanatec users: Make sure you have dri set to 2).

The only slight thing I think I would like to change is to make the kerbs less harsh.

Karsten, you should have called this file 'The Game Changer' ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

I gave the rFukor a try on my DD2 and it feels like there's a lose gear within the direct drive on a GT3 car. I still find the V43 better.

Update: I need to change the FX slider down from the silver raw to 25 %

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  8. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Just wow! This Rfuktor versions are really revolution. Let me tell this way; before with the cars I cant even handle a minute of Nords now I'm able to run consecutive runs.

Total control of the car. FFB is like a language between you and car and now we totally talking the same Shakespeare passages with my car.

I just hope reiza wont invalidate these settings with future updates on FFB.
    Great work again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey GTR,

I think your FX slider might be too high.
    It is now working on its own, separate from gain to make it more stable between cars.
    There should be nothing like what you describe otherwise and @Shadak has fine tuned on his DD1, so something must be off in your setup either in fanatec or in-game settings, I think.

10. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But now you are exaggerating ... I can't play in these conditions ... calm down!!!
    :p:p:p:D:D:D

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-14 at 17.44.07.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

NVM, I figured out why the new updates is giving me this grainy texture. I need to Change the FX slider down from the original recommended 50% to 25%.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rFuctor-3.1 has an improved cornering experience. The under steer effects going thru cornering is nicely detailed, and once again it was helping me to drive better. I felt a similar torque effect like in rFactor, but 3.1 has quite a few more options to tweak the overall FFB vs. rFactor's FFB, and I have to say (IMO) it surpasses rFactor in that respect. Being able to get the exact feel that you want out of a SIM is what we want, and I think we have that with 3.1 in AMS2.
    For me, I think I can settle in now with AMS2 and just concentrate on driving more, and I'm hoping that any future AMS2 updates will only increase the SIM's performance.
    Again, thanks to all involved in this on-going FFB project. It has really been a learning experience, and the results of all the collaboration should be an example to other developers of how listening and working with their users can benefit everyone.
    NAME: ffb_custom_settings - SlverRaw-rFuctor 3-1_PeterS_G920.txt
    HDW TYPE: Logitech_G920
    DATE: 03-14-21
    IN GAME START POINT: 66-50-46-58
    LINK: ffb_custom_settings - SlvrRaw-rFuktor 3-1_PeterS_G920

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m going to have to skip breakfast and give this a quick run ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

I found a FFB bug with the rFuctor, If you get in any GT1 car and try to go off track then drive in a straight again, it gives off this knocking effect FFB. Why is that?

15. Peter Stefani

I don't think that's actually a bug, just the effect of the rack feeling when going into the grass, then coming back onto the hard asphalt, you'd probably expect a jolt in the steering rack due to the shift in surfaces.
    IMO, the grass and sand in AMS2 is totally off limits, and is really annoying when you go there.

16. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The rFuktor3 series of custom FFB is truly a game changer! Everything just feels SO much more natural. My lap-to-lap consistency is the best it has ever been and I am catching spins that would have been hopeless in prior iterations of the FFB file. THANK YOU!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

The knocking effect does not go away. unless I quit and restart the session. Even pitting the car wouldn't change it.

18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Was worth eating on the run for.
    v3.1 is a nice subtle advance.
    i only changed the tightening and scrub frequency as before and it felt great with the 911 gt3 at ousting park at the same levels in game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

It might be a flat-spot?

20. Peter Stefani

Sorry, I thought you meant it was a one time effect. I'm not a DD wheel expert, but maybe someone else can help you.