1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. DoZZa

DoZZa New Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone care to share their TrueDrive settings for the SC2 Pro or Ultimate?

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Overall strength: 100%
    Bumpstop 900 deg

Force recon filter: 2
    Torque bandwidthlimit: 2200 hz

Damping: Off
    Friction: Off
    Inertia: Off
    Static force reduction: Off
    Slew rate limit: Off
    Ultra low latency mode: 16% (not sure what is best, didn't actually play much with it, might as well just have it off, I think)
    Peaking/notch: Filter disabled

3. Donato

Donato Member

sorry but this file is also good for Fanatec CSW 2.5? I read in the title G920 .....

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Post 1 is for modded files.
    Post 2 has the latest rfuktor 3.1 in high end version only. That should work extremely well on csw 2.5, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

We have the rfuktor lobby online right now so will start some random racing around 8pm CET if anyone wants to join. P3 cars for now.

6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I finally got around to trying Peters tuning and as usual it’s very good . And will be a good base to tweak from for me.

the added front loading seems to give some extra accuracy to pointing nose in .

I’m playing around with yaw force’s to relax and tame high torque cars like the v8 supercar from lurching under acceleration.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a couple of questions.
    What is the idea behind upping the Gain just to up the power steering to make it light again? I haven't tried it, but was wondering why it is done as opposed to lowering both?
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the wheel pulls to the outside of the kerb instead of pushing you back on track?
    How would I reduce the understeering feeling. There seems to me to be so much of it.
    Anyway, this file feels pretty damn good. Thanks guys for continuing on with this. Look forward to what comes next.

8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Powersteering evens out the torque across steering angle (degree). At lowest damping slider, the torque at initial tyre loading is relatively small but at edge of grip gets noticeable harder. Without increasing speed I think thats a bit unrealistic and like only a small amount of difference of torque between steering angles (degrees), in my case thats 50 but since the gain is then slightly reduced, I would increase the gain slider a bit.

Hmm I think when you hit a curb with right suspension, the lift of right side should make your steering wheel go left a bit to simulate that. But there might also be something else in the engine pulling you out, i cant recall 100% now.

Understeer has its value in the txt file.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I am finally ready to upload my CSL Elite tweaked file...

The changes I have made are pretty subtle, but they work for me.

I have:
    • Increased master_rack slightly
    • Decrreased master_road slightly
    • Increased master_effects slightly
    • Decreased kerbs_surface_scale slightly
    • Increased kerb_bump scale slightly
    • Decreased large_offroad_bemp_scale slightly
    In game I am using
    • Gain 73
    • LFB 45
    • FX 55
    • Power steering ~50 (I change this between cars)
    @Karsten Hvidberg: Previously I mentioned the feeling of marbles under braking and you suggested changing the scrub effect. I actually realised the issue was due to my FX slider being too high -I spoke too soon, and this issue is now resolved for me with no tweaking needed.

@OMiT Previosly we were exchanging posts about the RF default file, but I had not realised I was speaking about my tweaked file. So you may find this version better for you (or maybe not :)).

I hope this is of use to someone, and again, thanks to all those giants who's shoulders I am standing on here, especially Karsten. The RF files are just brilliant. Amazing work.

EDIT: I think it is important to set 'dri' to '2' on the Fanatec wheel settings.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’ve shamelessly stolen all of your settings Ray. I’m still getting used to using far less gain than I previously had but the level of detail that’s coming through the wheel is superb.

Thank you Ray, and of course thank you Karsten and the team.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Thanks a lot for this. Looking forward to giving it a try later. Upgraded to the CSW 2.5 from the CSL Elite last night, but from about half an hour of play, it seems my previous values can stay pretty much the same with this magic file. All the values look a little higher than I’d usually run, though - is this the reason for the “Dri” being set to to 2? I’d normally be at around -2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fizzy

From my understanding, negative dri numbers act as a damper, a setting of 2 is the least damping. It’s obviously a confusing naming / scaling convention, so I would suggest just trying different values. The good thing is that with these wheels, you can change it whilst driving, so it’s really easy to test. All this stuff is personal, so you may end up with a different conclusion, to me, negative values feel mushy. HTH

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Very true. I’ll have a fiddle later on!
    (Then fire up the wheel, etc etc)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Haven’t yet tried new update 3.2 .

but last night concluded when trying to apply some of @Peter Stefani tune to mine , that exaggerated front load was only compounding yaw feeling .
    and for me i had more control with it not exaggerated when pushing hard.
    I had my almost stock tune feeling good and suspect it will transfer to new update well.

16. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 here.
    After the official update my custom ( NuScorpii) settings dont work.
    The wheel turn itself 180 degrees and it's blocked.
    Erased Automobilista2 folder in "my documents", but the custom setting, was very beautiful , do the same thing. Unplayable.
    default settings dont allow to feel brakes, car weight, offtrack feelings.
    There will be an update for the file?
    Thx in advance.

17. Kuku Maddog

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brake with Front and Rear torque feel is very good (sensation) ...

I also prefer a fuller center and return alignment force like Peter did in his file ... but I noticed that by doing it, and filling it with a higher LFB (+/- 50) and / or by changing up the forces "center full" "rack friction" and with "exaggerate_front_load_feel", the file is no longer suitable for the whole car park but for 20-25% of very swaying cars some elastic effect returns ... for this reason in 3.1 I preferred to keep a center a little more empty (LFB +/- 36) using only the tighten and emphasizing the effects ... in this way I am suitable for all cars (obviously my personal opinion) ... I will try a different route on this 3.2 ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't believe that NuScorpii is actively updating the Heavy Messing files, so there is a good chance that if it is broken for some reason given an update to AMS2, that it will stay that way until he dives back into AMS2. I think it's worth trying the latest Silver Raw/rFuktor file instead. I think you will be impressed by it. If not, feel free to mention NuScorpii here and perhaps he will update the file.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fizzy

I've spent some time with the new RF3.2 file and I think it's a very nice, subtle improvement. The Torque effect and kerb softening are both great.

Something odd I noticed when testing using the GT3 Mclaren at Donnington, I'll try to explain, but I struggle to put words around this stuff...

When driving in a straight line, I occasionally get a kind of 'knock' effect in the centre of the wheel... I assume it must be coming from the road bumps, as it happens at the same places on every lap. It is noticeable because it doesn't fit with the other more rounded, rubbery, softer feeling effects that the wheel produces, it's a fairly harsh, single knock. (When I say single, it happens more than once per lap, maybe 4 times at Donnington, but on each occasion it is a single knock). The rest of the forces I experience have a nice, rubbery feel, but this one effect really jumps out, because, although it's not particularly strong, it is very much out of tune with all the other forces.

I tried RF 3.1 and it is present there too. Unfortunately, me noticing this issue obviously coincides with the recent game updates (it looks like some guys in the news thread have found a bug in the recent tyre revisions which Reiza have acknowledged), so I don't know if this is related to that.

• Agree Agree x 1