1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can see this here quite well.

This is a bit older, but more obvious how they struggle with the front-grip and even taking corners like dashed lines, so lots of diff-locking if not full locked.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thank you for the footage. I still don't see it. It is a difficult one. This isn't the torque pulling to the side as you see in AMS2. This is more like a small drift at the back, maybe due to the torque pull but I am not convinced. While in AMS2 it pulls massively to the side.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Seriously? You can't see things in these videos, but you can see things in AMS 2 videos? I'd give it a rest. There are no cars in AMS 2 that are undriveable. Six months ago there were two or three that came close to that description, but just required too much care versus the real car. They were still drivable and in a perverse way were actually fun (like a drift car could be fun).

If a wheel is about to lock up, the FFB transmits that to the player. It isn't in some canned manner...it's just while/as long as one front wheel has less grip than the other one, the steering is affected, just as in would be in a real car. If someone has excessive pulling under braking, either their brake needs recalibration because they are locking the wheels long before they perceive it appropriate, or, they have some other more significant problem. The rest of us can brake these cars on a sim race track all day long without an issue.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not seeing those lines in same car/track combo. Tested in light, med, heavy, and overcast. From your image they look very close to the shade line atop the front windshield.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I sometimes find the pull left under braking a little overbearing especially when I am running 25 nm for the F-Retro. Why should braking in a straight line result in steering pull..? If I don't grip the wheel it will easily rotate 20-30 degrees and start to pull nowhere near to front tyre lockup. It's even more noticeable when I am one hand steering whilst shift down gears through the h-pattern gearbox.

For me personally when I am running high force on a couple of cars I would like to tone this down a long with the gearbox effect. If possible I think these effects should be tied to the ffb fx slider.

It's funny because this topic came up a few weeks ago with Stefano over at ACC..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm this actually. Did an F-Retro Session right now and it even shows up, when rolling slowly and braking, without touching the wheel

I also experience this in other sims and i'm not really bothered by it, but i can totally understand the confusion about it, because IRL, this is something unusual. For the simulation, it's also a matter of communicating a weight shift, i think...a game-controller steering wheel has 2 ways of movement to communicate a lot of things (h*ck i'm even sometimes asking myself, how it is even possible with this kind of "simple" method, to communicate exactly, on which side my car hits a kerb, that is even panning through precisely, when weaving over it)

In real life, such a behaviour would probably end-up with a visit at your local car-doctor, because it's a very bad occurance, if that happens....a very, VERY bad one. :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. jo_siffert

jo_siffert New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, i guess its completely offtopic and in the wrong place too - maybe someone can still help: which folders and files do i have to delete to do a completely fresh install of AMS2?

Thanks for the help

8. CrimsonEminence

To completely fresh-install AMS2 there is the game folder of course (which is managed by steam deinstallation) and in your Documents folder is the "Automobilista 2" folder, that needs to be renamed, deleted or cut.^^

The Documents "Automobilista 2" folder is containing all your settings, setups, media etc., so this is the main thing here.^^

9. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The key in AMS2 like in real life is to drive every car as neutral as possible, so be very gentle with your inputs and don't drift or steer more than necessary. Time Trials are different since it's just about surviving one lap with basically infinite tries and lives instead of over 70 laps in F1 with the same tyreset during that times and the next race weeks later. In real racing consistency and tyre-preservation are the key to win and not doing one fast lap. But even during fast laps in AMS2 it's key to keep the car in perfect balance and avoiding countersteers. Probably a bit less around Adelaide since some perfect drifts can shove off some time around the 90°-corners, but like in real life you can't to this lap after lap and survive.

What I like to see in AMS2 are Time Trial stints similar to ACC. I love this concept a lot more than hotlaps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

good Q not noticed in straight line so will try Retro tonight.
    Imbalance in tyres grip data brk pad who knows? just to left. ?
    (sry if Ive missed more detail on this from other post! so damned many to keep up with, I was gonna give it a brake)
    Yes even which rear on surround, its impressive.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Coanda

yeah matey for me it is..

12. CrimsonEminence

I mean...there are 2 directions, where it can go. Modern racing games with FFB (even the not so good ones) are throwing so much detail to our game-devices, that it is absolutely stunning, how spoiled we actually are.

In 1998, i was playing NFS3 on a InterAct V4 racing wheel and FFB was not that much more than glorifyed rumble and a bit of steering centering. This wheel was actually powerful enough to move itself even for self alligning torque, but it had even a centering spring, that was always active, because it was an actual physical spring. :D

And now even a Logitech MOMO is absolute NASA compared to it.
    Yes, it induces a reproduceable left pull, when hitting the brakes.^^
    (i'm not wishing it away actually, but the confusion about it is reasonable :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Coanda

Me either however it would be nice to have the option to adjust some of these effects via the Ui as messing around with custom ffb files is tricky for most and can potentially result in hardware failure if not done correctly. R3R ffb Ui options are done particularly well and then there is the ACC approach which users either love or loathe as none of these effects are present..

14. CrimsonEminence

I like R3Es FFB for the newer cars, but i absolutely despise the FFB settings menu, to be honest. (i'm aware of how to use it properly, but it's a pretty unfriendly part) :D'

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Trying to remember...But at launch wasn't there an issue with pulling to one side that was remedied by adjusting the brake deadzone? That seems to ring a bell?
    EDIT: I assume it was later fixed if so. Then again, my ol memory may be playing up and I may be completely wrong.

16. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Yeah I apologize. I certainly see these things. But I don't see it to the same extent as the sim. Again the camera is playing tricks with me I think. Look at this and how the camera behaves

But I get why you are saying this, and I agree.

17. Coanda

I can't remember.. Thanks I'll sus out tomorrow as it's 5 am now..

• Like Like x 1
  18. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

its called a windscreen! Lol

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's the lines in the sky...I had to look twice as I assumed it was lines on the track, too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Same left pull yep even tried asymmetric tyre pressure and geometry no difference.
    Like yourselves and less affected with my wheel so I will live with it
    Sidenote

Tried TT at outer Inter first. In short this weeks changes have lost lots of grip , esp fronts. cant come close to my own time. Was running last weeks and easy to maintain v/low 46s. (We ran last week or so knowing and looking forward to reset.) Never expected such a new difference in own times last few days. Car BT44 now is no more grippy/better to drive and did not tbh expect it. Such grip loss though in this, is no step forward aside from any other prevailing issues.

So general Question
    Any one else notice grip loss/gain

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021