1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Instead of overtaking each others, AI go side by side for ages, without having the car off the racing line losing speed or grip....

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just finished my first race at Goinia 2017 championship. AI was at 90/90, about my level. They seemed to be great and competitive. I raced very hard and was able to take the lead. This was a 40 minute race with mandatory pit stops. I pitted with about 7 or 8 minutes to go along with some other AI. As we came out of the pits, I stayed as far to the right as I could, accelerated as fast as I could.. and saw this freight train of cars coming down the front stretch. I thought "surely they will brake or move over and not run me over" lol... but one dude in a black car just seemed to go full power and rear ended me (I was still way over to the right hoping to avoid any trouble).. but I watched him and he never braked.. he sent me flying straight into the grass then wall and I went from first to last lol.. A few more instances I was able to avoid a wreck by anticipating the AI doing something stupid, so I slid over just in time as he blew past me.. sometimes it's as if my car does not exist on the track, only other AI. This only changed recently so I don't know what happened.

3. Jeff Scharpf

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

ai just gets out of the way when i stay on the gas instead of trying to defend its position

situation was, 2 cars side by side on a straight, i come close due to slipstream (or ai just being slow af), i just aim between the 2 cars(there is not even 1/3 of a car width space between them) and when i am just about to hit them, they do the moses effect

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No problem, maybe a missunderstanding... because you quoted my post first...
    Yes, I think you are right, too. There is no difference in behaviour of the drivers. With the last build, the "personality" is much, much better (I think I am driving against myself:)) but all with the same quality, experience, speed. No / less difference.
    In earlier builds I didn't recognice it but with the GroupC race at Montreal 88 it was clear, the AI has no 'talent' they are just driving as fast as possible weather their fuel tank is full, the tyres are worn, and son on...

6. f1webberfan

f1webberfan New Member

Hey Reiza team and forum racers people,
    1st time post and I am afraid is not a good one.

I would like to report some issues with the AI for a specific combo, details below:
    • Car / Track used: Catheram Academy / Imola (the newest track)
    • AI Strength setting: Tested on 80-85-90
    • Corner (if issue is corner specific): On all straights the AI just cruises, seems like no accelerate input
    • AI Aggression setting: 50
    • Session Distance: 10 laps
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Real Weather, Clear
    • Player Tyre: default?
    • AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): default?
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race) : Single race
    Otherwise, keep up the good job! GG

7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One silly question:
    Does Reiza have an advertising contract with MercedesBenz?
    With GT3, Mercedes is unbeatable.
    With GroupA (DTM), Mercedes is unbeatable.
    With GroupC, Mercedes (Sauber-MercedesBenz) is unbeatable.
    With F-Truck, I don't know at the moment.
    Not Mercedes - AI is much slower, driving as human against Mercedes you can take the speed with them but without being faster.

8. orost

orost New Member

Car: Mercedes 190E
    Track: Nurburgring Veedol 2020
    AI settings: 100% skill, 55% aggression
    Session: 15 lap race
    Weather: default

AI has noticeably worse acceleration than the player at medium speeds. It happens all through the race but is most visible during rolling start:

They're doing something fancy with their brakes but I can easily overtake by just flooring the throttle.

Also, they seem to be consistently slow through turn 8 (left-hand uphill kink after the hairpin), like they're lifting way too much, but it's hard to be sure if it's just part of the same problem.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

True. Same happens with all group a cars in all tracks with standing start. I can start in 20 th place and easily pass 10-12 cars (track depending) only by flooring the gas..

aka group a ai seems slow at the start of the races

10. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a known issue, group A have a specific problem off the start - see Official AI Report Topic (note Renato's reply)

I find the Mitsubishi Evo is the opposite - all AI cars pull about 10-20 metres on me off the start, no matter what I try (is anyone able to match their standing starts? If so, how?) However, they're slower than me on straights and I can easily pass them again (AI set to 100%).

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.1.2.5
    Car / Track: F-Retro at Interlagos Historic Outer
    AI Strength: 115% (same behaviour for 100%,105%,110%)
    Track Position: Entire Track
    AI Aggression: 70%
    Session Distance: NA
    Weather: Dry Overcast
    Player Tyre: Soft Slick
    AI Tyre: NA
    Session Type: 60 min Practice & 20 lap Race
    Notes: Whilst it's cool to see there is a lot of Ai carnage and retirements. Cars crashing and flipping and sometimes causing the track to be blocked. The track is always littered with broken off tyres and body panels too..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes more ai is worse terrible in thunderstorm or worse wetter (last week same track various qty of ai) 8 restarts due to ai ti t3

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 99 Stock Cars are also WAY too fast off a standing start compared to the player.

14. Jeff Scharpf

Just finished another 2017 Brazilian Stock Car Championship race. Before the race I turned the AI aggression down to 70. AI strength remains at 90. When the AI started pitting, then they started to wreck each other. It seems like they don't slow down after the long straight at Goinania. Any car (me or AI lol) coming out of the pits gets smashed... and into the first turn several cars are spinning. AI speed seems ok but the aggression.. or .. I'm not sure.. something is not quite right.

15. Jeff Scharpf

Ok AI set at 50% Aggression seems to be the sweet spot. At 70% and above, they were still dive bombing each other (or not really paying attention to another car that was occupying their line lol), at 50% they seemed very realistic and would pass if an opening was there, but not run you over if you blocked. I had some epic battles! I'm only driving the 2017 Brazilian Stock Cars so I have no idea how the other vehicle AI's work.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Are you guys talking about the 2019 Stock Car, or is there a 2017 version I don't have in my game? ;)

I am going to try 50% aggression now. Used to always run at 50%, but had increased it for a while, but should try 50% as it may be the equivalent of the default.

17. tpw

Version: 1.1.2.5
    Car / Track: P4 at Cascais
    AI Strength: 92%
    AI Aggression: 50%
    Session Distance: NA
    Weather: Clear
    Player Tyre: Soft Slick
    AI Tyre: NA
    Session Type: 5 lap quick race

Even with the AI strength at 92% the AI winner of this race finished 11 seconds ahead of me in 2nd, and had a best lap 0.5 sec faster than me. The 3rd place spent the entire race with his rage turbo on trying to overtake me on the grass. The rest of the field finished 9 sec behind us in a bunch.

18. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Sounds in part like you needed to set the aggression higher. Than the third-place car who was apparently faster would have gone around you.

19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

posted in beta also

20. tpw

T
    The whole point of the post is AI at 92% strength shouldn’t be so fast

• Like Like x 1