1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The new F-Retro tires are probably contributing to stability a bit, because they're actually behaving biasply like now (because they are).
    The class will receive further changes but you can bet, they will receive differences in laptime (rightfully tho).
    Wait for further tweaks, it will all come together at the end. (i was also not glad about some changes, but try the F-Retro over the Nordschleife, even reduce power ramp angle and increase preload and reduce rear wing, maybe the class might be actually delightful to experience)

@Coanda @Marc Collins @Split Second (you don't even have the game, you can also drive it with a pad, ya know?)
    Congratulations, you have officially found a bug :D :D
    The steering pull under braking and acceleration will be solved for the next updates! :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Yeah I know. But I don't think this sim is meant to be played with a pad.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes grats also Coanda
    Np with any changes in right direction as you know, T1 T3 no stability issue at all for me, was/as expected, If its the new tyre grip level/model it is what it will be then, but with the older issues ? crossply and biasply. makes sense, driven on both long time ago lol and recall. ok/np.

With less grip I would have expected ie a stab of gas to have more of an effect not less/0, will see.
    Will probably leave alone till end of month (will try nords maybe in between your setup as I like it on there), just having a blast in C9 trying the extreme climate options.
    Other stuff

swings and roundabouts.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

I have encountered players, being competitive in the mid-field with a keyboard in RaceRoom and others driving in the top 10 in a competitive field on a pad in Assetto Corsa. :D (not kidding)

But for real:
    If you have a desk and a carpet and want to get into sim racing quite cheap, look for a used Logitech G27, you will probably not regret it. It's a very great wheel-package with everything, you need for modern simulations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Maser V6

Split if you need/would like a ffb have my old 1 free, no not kidding. really you need to feel what the sims does not just see. Just pay the postage
    pm me if interested,

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Split Second

Do not tempt me :D. Oh and I know pad players can be quick. I was one of them. In project Cars 2 I was often in the top 10-20 in time trials in many different cars.
    I am a little short on money but I will see what I can do in a couple of months. Coming here was a mistake :p.

7. Maser V6

Geniune offer. offered it to another but hes sorted now I guess
    Edit ex pad player here pc2 then bought the wheel

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Split Second

That is so nice. Thank you very much. But I will look here and also see first how I can do it here. With the very cheap wheel, we bound a wooden block underneath and took a band, and rolled it around the desk to fasten it, but it was still too loose.
    Also, the pedals were just on the ground and were moving a lot. Is a Logitech G29 enough?

9. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember the guy that played with a mouse?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Split Second

I appreciate it. But I am not someone that does that easily (sorry it is one of my personality traits, I know I am weird, like most already know). But you are a top guy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Split Second

I see a couple of names here that I encountered in the Project Cars forum. I was Bliman there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

No, but i know, LFS players with a mouse were capable... :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guy was really fast and drove with a mouse because it was all he could get where he lived. I cant even turn a ok lap with a pad.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

15. Coanda

Nice to read a fix is inbound... :cool:

Can I ask is it a global change or F-Retro only..?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Maser V6

Just got out of bed to use *facility, struck me why you mentioned new type,( *since then, now cant sleep more I think about it )
    To Clarify in case,
    sry if long winded

Timeline:
    When 2ndJedi took the pic of modern tyre and devs fixed it Bravo, it was fine, I made a joke if I recall thats why the "lotus was so fast" I considered new tyre an improvement.
    so much so I raced online inc Brandons race (2wks back) when I dropped in at Interlagos long historic, started at back so as not to interfere with top runners . 15 laps np, was a blast and best race online for a while caught up with @InfernalVortex and @Koala63 traded places for 6 laps then popped engine on last lap in 2nd . lol. Then other online races inc thunderstorm .
    TT fine
    TT grats to Max over a week ago
    TT closed new gap.
    since.
    Yesterday same setup inc my own ghost (not a good setup but better than my previous) as Im no setup guy for sure. was enjoying the improvements from fiddling
    Dam tricky now to catch my own ghost by up to 1 sec lol. thats a big loss. usually run with ghost or in front of it start L2 round T1 T2, I tried everything inc setups. gap now esp down straight many cars lngth
    I know exactly were the time is lost so I have still wonder this last/recents tyre update is the cause.
    so have to go back to for bt44
    Think this should go to different or general discussion thread rather than here.?

• Like Like x 1
  18. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry Coanda. When you said black lines in turn 3, I assumed you meant on the road.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Maser V6

Went from, pad .old wheel name evades me, new g29..
    G29 because Im :eek:tight with :(low funds other priorities was a lot to spend on this kinda thing. New had warranty as a plus side (yes I can hear the chuckles and dont blame you other gents :) if the case ) I only drive sims for pleasure no more than that, G29 has and is serving me well, sits on old rickety converted mobility scooter frame. Great place to start for me, was not the slowest on pad & certainly not fast . Wheel enables as mentioned recently by Crimson so much more its almost hard to see how such spectrum of subtleties can be achieved. Esp atm ams2, talking wheel lockups or close to it, dancing around on limits of grip, rear end when on power at various levels, list is endless. Rain driving is fantastic and really shows how a cars grip/physics etc is translated, makes dry raceing of less appeal to me atm.
    messy room but is what it is.
    If I was not having so much fun Id get the welder out again. I blame:hurrayreiza:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Coanda

all good matey no stress.. :)