1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No FFB with G923 after yesterdays update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Adrian, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Hi, FFB/Trueforce is not working for me anymore after yesterday’s small update, it was working fine yesterday...anyone else have a problem? it still recognises the wheel as a G923. FFB is working fine in all other games. Neither custom nor default settings make a difference. Any problems with the G29 or G920? Thanks.

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello, G923 received no significant changes in yesterday patch, I can't pinpoint why would Ffb suddenly stop working for you :(

I can only advise to have latest GHUB installed and running.

3. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Hhmmmm...thanks for letting me know. On to plan B.

4. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Plan B - un/reinstall ghub, verify all drivers, verify game integrity, delete from Documents, completely uninstall/re-install, take a break to play AC, ACC, PC2, Dirt Rally, Euro Truck Sim, and RR Exp....all work fine. System was just finished building last week so everything is new.

Plan C - open to suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  5. Domagoj Lovric

Am not sure tbh. Only (to me) obvious reason why FFB would not work is that for some reason game is denied TrueForce communication to wheel.

Do rpm LEDs work?
    Which version of G923 you have, XBox or PlayStation?

PS. Sorry for inconvenience, I'd really appreciate if we manage to get to bottom of this.

6. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Well this is weird...out of all of my games, only AC lights up the RPM LEDs, the rest don't light up at all o_O. I didn't notice before because I always drive in VR. The LEDs always flash on boot up as well. I have the PS version of the wheel.

7. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

You don't say which you use, but have you tried LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) instead of GHub? I hear a lot of people have trouble with GHub and few with LGS, so it might be worth a go.

8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

LGS is legacy software and doesn't support the G923

9. Adrian

Adrian New Member

I briefly tried LGS about a week ago, but quickly deleted it because Ghub was working for me, and i did have some problems with LGS.

10. Domagoj Lovric

That is odd indeed. So rev-leds do not work even in AMS2?

Rev leds inoperable and no-FFB indicates my suspicion that for whatever reason, game cannot establish TrueForce communication to wheel.
    This leads me to a need of in game logic to fall back to "legacy" communication in case trueforce fails, but why does it on your end is a puzzle i'd like solved..

These are my settings (XBox wheel, but have confirmation from Logitech officials PS variant is working correctly too).
    (Checking "Apply settings from game", or flipping "persistent profile" icon also has no influence.)

upload_2021-3-19_18-21-12.png

11. Domagoj Lovric

Did you have LGS installed on freshly built system you mentioned or LGS never existed on your current windows installation?

12. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Yes...very odd. I would think that the LED lights would light up especially in ACC and AM2, but no. Everything seemingly works fine except the FFB in AM2. I did install LGS on the new computer briefly but uninstalled it before I installed GHub.

AM2 FFB was working fine shortly before I applied the patch. My GHub settings are all very similar to yours.

13. Domagoj Lovric

That confirms my suspicion, before last patch PS variant wouldn't be correctly recognized and it worked in "legacy" mode.
    Anyway, i know what we need to do: allow legacy mode for G923 if trueforce doesn't work..

I am not sure what is the reason trueforce mode initialization fails on your end.

14. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Do you think my wheel is defective then? Shouldn’t the RPM lights work whether in legacy OR trueforce mode in AM2 (and ACC)?

15. Domagoj Lovric

I can't speak of ACC - but in AMS2 in legacy mode (in older patches) rpm lights wouldn't work, for this "fallback" to legacy mode i have in mind, they might work.

For the record, i just checked my G923 in ACC-> if you can check too pls, that should be the answer is trueforce mode working..

Configure controls like screen below, go on track and just rev the car while parked. Engine vibration should be pretty noticable, rev lights should work.
    Gain - 0%
    Trueforce Audio: 100%.
    upload_2021-3-19_20-30-51.png

16. Adrian

Adrian New Member

i think it looks like I have a faulty unit. Configurating like your picture I get no LED's and very little vibration. I just ordered it on March 2, so back to Best Buy it goes. I'll let you know how it goes.

17. Adrian

Adrian New Member

okay...i had the steering wheel plugged into a powered USB 3 hub, rather than into the computer itself. When I plugged it directly into the computer itself (USB 2 or 3) the LEDs worked in ACC, i felt stronger vibration as well with your settings. I probably should have know that. THE LEDs still didn't come on in AM2 though. I won't return the wheel. I look forward to trying your next patch. Thank you so much for help :)

18. Domagoj Lovric

Can you try one final time delete "Automobilista 2" folder from Documents and re-configure it?

19. Adrian

Adrian New Member

i have already done that, but i just did it again...still no change

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Everton Luis

Everton Luis New Member

Boa tarde,
    Etou com o mesmo problema, após a ultima atualização, meu G923 parou, não ativa o FFB, e quando esta conectado, trava o jogo, se removo o USB do volante, o jogo roda normal, porém sem o volante, no aguardo de uma solução :(