1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

If I remember correct, this might possibly be caused by the micro bumps. Can you adjust those to 0.0 and see if it goes away?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dam

Dam New Member

@Karsten: thank you! Thank you so much (again)
    Your RF3.2 file is a blast with my TS Pc Racer. Better than Silverraw v52.
    AMS2 is a jewel thank to you.

And for information I don't need to tweak anything (like LFB) with RF file. With "Silver Raw" files, I have to use the Mid End ones after each update, but with RF files, even if it's a high End file, no need to tweak anything for my personal taste

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, What are your settings in game for the TS PC Racer?

4. Dam

Dam New Member

hello Jean-Yves, tout d'abord voici mes réglages dans le "Control Panel" sous Windows:

Rotation volant : 900 °
    Ajuster les forces:
    * Ajuster l'ensemble des forces (gain total): 100%
    * Forces constantes : 100%
    * Forces Périodiques: 100%
    * Ressort: 0%
    * Amortisseur : 0%

Ensuite dans AMS2: fichier RFuctor 3.2
    rotation 900°

*Gain 55
    *LFB 82
    *FX 50
    *Dampening 5

5. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Super thank you, I will test this evening.

But Alors, your are French? (Louis De funès)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you.

Setting micro bumps to 0.0 did indeed remove the issue. So would I be right to assume I should now try to find a level where it is acceptable?
    Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Feels absolutely outstanding to me, this latest one. All I’ve done is lower the micro bumps slightly as suggested above (CSW 2.5) and it’s just fantastic.
    I was doing some experimenting last night with either cranking up the FEI on the wheel base and lowering the in-game FX, or vice versa. I think FEI low, FX high generally feels better, with the opposite tending to bring in some strange sorta high-frequency buzzing forces, but in the end I (typically) settled on a middle ground, with FEI at 50 and FX at 40. Feels exceptionally good now, with just the one slight change in the file, as mentioned before.
    Thanks very much again to all involved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Prob. makes sense, yes, depending on how bad you feel it. I will try and fix it for the next version with no change to the volume of it, however.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I always half the micro bumps in file generally and often increase kerbs ever so slightly while using Fx at moderate values around 20 .

I’ve also been flip flopping on TM system settings, after some back to back experimenting, i’ve found that running default 75,100,100,100,100 feels good in most cases but having spring amplified exasperated the oversteer pendulum effects i’ve been struggling with on some of the big tail happy cars.

so after testing i’ve gone back to common settings of
    Gain. 75
    Constant 100
    periodic. 100
    Spring 0
    Damper 0 ( once spring is off it just adds vagueness, but feels fine with spring on )

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 3.1 of Karsten & C. and tuned by me for my G920 is very pleasant (for me of course) but surely someone lacked a bit of center ... -in this 3.2 I wanted to try to improperly exploit the "tighten_range" so that it was not very invasive ... and then I acted on the center by modifying some other small item!!!

Also tried at a friend's house with the G29, he liked it, but obviously give me a feedback.

rFuktor 3.2 tuned for Logitech G920 and also G29/G27
    In game setting, go to controller and set "Custom" preset whith this starting value 65-45-55-55*
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste, and for cars that are too swaying lower the LFB to 35.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Kuku Maddog

After a little bit of subtle fettling , here is my current tune.

Small changes here and there to allow for aggressive driving and control of slides etc.

Some tightening in file but with room for lfb center feel adjustment while in game .

Tm control panel 75/100/100/0/0
    in Game
    Gain 55-60
    LFB 5-10
    Fx 15-25
    Damp 50-55

Edit, 21/3 further tweaking

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this upload. I have been using your last versions but since the new versions were released I had a weak center that meant I struggled to drive straight. I'll try this later on as I reckon like your last files will have got rid of the center dead zone. Top stuff Stakanov

I have a g27

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fizzy

I've had a try with a couple of the other tweaked files -it's interesting how different they all feel!

Attached here is my (CSL Elite) tweaked version of RF3.2. I'm pretty happy with it, but from reading this thread it seems we all have very different tastes, anyone wishing to use this file, I would encourage you to try different in-game settings, I am of the opinion that the in-game balance of forces sometimes need to be modified for different cars, but my baseline settings are:

Gain 70
    LFB 35-50
    FX ~50,
    Damper (power steering effect) 50

Fanatec settings of note: FEI 90, dri 2

Hope this is of use to someone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    Let's start by saying that your last 2 files are spectacular and finally we are approaching a homogenization of the FFB cursors of the game among all the cars in the fleet, that said, after playing with a light approach to the center (in version 3.1) and with a more complete approach (in version 3.2), I indicate my feelings that I hope will give you some information (obviously not valid for DD and for the high end):

- As I see, on almost all steering wheels, both GAIN, Damping and FX work well on all cars and in a range between 55 and 70 for the first, in a range between 50 and 60 for the second and in a rage 45-55 for the third (it's ok and perfect)!!!!

- On the LFB cursor we have two roads:
    1) Keep it low (20-40) you can not have clipping even with high Gain, you emphasize the road and the other effects, and moreover, you can improve and eliminate the elastic effect .... unfortunately it remains the problem of being vacant in the center and unfortunately you lose precision on the wheels, or rather on the rubber and its positioning and behavior;
    2) So let's turn it up (range 40-60), well, the center returns, the wheels settle on the ground, the rubber feels better and the behavior improves ... but ... the clipping returns on the cars with harder FFB ( F. Reiza and F10 Gen 2), in the most swaying cars (catheran, etc.) the annoying elastic effect returns and I also note that with an LFB above 40 the effects that season our cheap flying wheels tend to vanish covered ... all that remains is to raise the effects slider up again or increase their values in the rFuktor file, this unfortunately adds another element that increases the clipping.

Conclusion and/or question:
    Without upsetting anything, I think the ideal solution would be either to be able to have a full center in the low end with low LFB values between 20 and 40 ... or ... leave the current center forces (with the LFB in a rage of 40-60) but further reduce the force on cars with high downforce to avoid saturation of the steering wheel and subsequent clipping ... translated, the Logitech band, with only 2.5 Nm of available force, cannot contain the forces released with all the sliders set from 50-55 upwards ... I hope to be readable and / or helpful ;)

15. Fizzy

I had a strange experience last night when running AMS2...

I jumped in to an online lobby in the p3 Roco. When I went on track the FFB felt really weak. At first I thought it was the car, as I hadn’t used it with the new RF files, so I tried adjusting the in car gain to 120%, but it didn’t really help.

When the race was done, I shut down the game and deleted the AMS2 folder. After reconfiguring all my settings, I tried driving again, and the ffb came back to normal.

I don’t know if this is related to using a custom file, I will report this properly as a bug (I haven’t checked to see if other users have reported it yet), but I thought I’d mention it here, because it made me think of the discussion about weak ffb with @OMiT.

If you are finding the AMS2 ffb very weak, I would suggest deleting the documents/Automobilista 2 folder (you can copy your graphics and ffb files, but you will need to reconfigure most settings, and you will loose car setups etc).

Hope this is useful to someone.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There have been a few people complaining about losing FFB in the past week or so, across multiple wheel bases (anything from DD1 to G29). Seems odd given that nothing really changed with the FFB. I wonder if the recent Windows 10 update is playing some havoc on people's peripherals, although I don't understand why only AMS2 would be affected.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Fizzy

The fact that the ffb was there, but just very light combined with the fact that deleting the folder resolved it, makes me think it’s the game, but with so many variables, I can’t be sure it’s not a Windows issue (or firmware etc). My Windows install recently did some updates, so that would fit from a timeline perspective.

18. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

this happened to me between sessions once, at race start unfortunately. FFB suddenly became very light. Well it turned out, ams2 decided to de-calibrate my wheel, puting rotation out of sync. As soon as i manually set DD1 rotation to 450 degrees it immediately fixed itself. Im not sure if that could be an issue for others too.

19. Fizzy

Ah that’s interesting. On reflection, I probably should have tried recalibrating the wheel before deleting the folder (I had to do this after deleting the folder anyway).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  20. Kuku Maddog

I had some weird things happening tonight, was like the wheel was a constant pressure. And had some graphics issues and camera changes to bumper cam by default ?