1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

None of the others have full stops - at least none you have posted. If others do it would be better design if they removed them. Don't suggest they add more!

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

matey I couldn't give a toss which way they decide to go.. All that I ask is that the Ui is consistent in style, font, case etc..

As you can see below 90% have this theme.. The screens I previously posted are mainly from a few old style Ui screens as they feature older style buttons. It would be easier to just update those but thats up to Reiza to decide..

ams2_Ui_labels.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda As some of these points are a matter of opinion, I would rather leave them up to you. If you can't access the Beta forum, please post them in an appropriate thread in this forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coanda

I'm not sure I have really given my opinion, just picking out Ui inconsistencies and suggesting what it should/could change to to make it consistent with the majority format however no worries matey I understand and won't tag you again.. To be honest I only tagged you because last time I posted Ui screens you tagged me to have them in the beta forum which I obviously can not access..

5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bugs on beta versions are to be reported in the beta forums. These are bug reports of the release version, so they belong in the official bug reports thread on the public forum. Whoever keeps asking Coanda to report bugs in the beta forum needs to remember this distinction ;)

Also, reported bugs on page 46 in the release thread have a low chance of being read by Reiza, so instead you should report them in the official bug report thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Coanda

No worries guys sorry to talk about it here. A bug post has been created..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coanda

Do P3 & P4 have power steering...?

8. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Do Mini Cooper S 1965 have turbo...?

9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here is Just another in-relevant note in the release thread.

10. Coanda

your question is pretty easy to answer now try and answer mine smart a$$..

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not sure, but it wouldn't matter much because we don't have power steering simulation in AMS 2.

No. Modern Mini (JCW) has a huge turbo :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Coanda

Thanks Marc. My primary reason for asking is to determine wheel weight and these are vehicles I don't know much about. For example should I go 7-13 Nm like a PS GT3 car would typically have or go full force. I know vehicles like the Radical SR8 would have something in the 40-50 Nm range..

One thing I do not understand about AMS2 is if I set my baseline FFB to be right for GT3's then I am finding some vehicles such as the Super V8 to also be light when this vehicle could be in the 17-23 Nm range.. I then have to crank that vehicles FFB gain up to around 140%.. That is ok for vehicles I have a little info on however for others I am not sure. Why is that do you think..?

I didn't quite get it at first however I really like how you set the vehicle ffb force in iR and having motec steering force data to support helps a lot..

I don't understand why Reiza can't or won't tell us which cars have power steering or not. It's hard to find info on these Brazilian cars..

13. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Thanks. I need to report then on the appropriate topic that there is a turbo adjustment in the settings of this car, even though in practice it has no effect.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Coanda

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Marc Collins

I think it's going to come down to personal preference. The game is going to have to go with a one-size-fits-all approach to steering weight since many people do not want what you/we want in terms of accuracy, but more importantly have no ability to adjust it anyway even if they did.

All cars should have approximately the same steering weight with the proviso that some cars have a huge dynamic range (if they have modern aero effects), while others very little (e.g., a F-Vee). To compensate for power steering or just differences in the design of the cars that results in lighter versus heavier steering, we can use the per-car steering weight compensator. The problem is, for example, if I want to simulate the Camaro SS road car lighter-than-race-car power steering, I might lose some detail if I lighten the strength. High-end wheels will have less negative consequences, but may require more fiddly adjustments to get it all correct.

Is there a sim out there that even attempts to bias the steering weight in this manner? I don't think so, and with a gazillion cars like in AMS 2, it would be a mammoth task to calibrate it all. Not hopeless, but I would hold my breath for 2021...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Marc Collins

I think there are a few of these left-overs spread around in the UI. Keep reporting them!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Coanda

Thanks Marc for the in depth replay.

Yes iR does. If I only focus on vehicles under 25 Nm (DD2 max wheel force) it will correctly set the steering force (wheel weight). For example a road car could be 5 Nm and then if I jump into a V8 Super Car it would be 20-23 Nm. Motec will also report this at 360 hz to cross reference and both vehicles will be 1:1 in steering force.

Any vehicle above your max hardware force then a decision has to be made between weight or omitting detail/info. Many times in this instance i would run something closer to 0.6:1.

Anyways I am not trying to turn this into a sim vs sim discussion; just would like to know which vehicles have power steering..
    Please Reiza...... :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Crimson I said that I post about the one side lifting up that isn't realistic.
    Look what I found in the physics section. I still think that there is something wrong and it affects every car to some degree.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Coanda

Nice video. On a lesser degree that is how the V8 Super Car can behave except for the frontal lift. Even with full stiff ARB's in a slow corner such as T3 Nurburgring there seems to be a little too much body roll.. This is somewhat evident in the front wheel arch however I am not sure if the replay is really reflecting what is actually happening by the physics.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  20. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

I dunno? Looks very Pete Geoghegan to me...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1