1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned. But I do have something else I want to add. But we need some more details on transmissions on the vehicles. Some of them are "based" on real cars. When I see sequential and I am pounding my way at the pedals and not switching. Then I press in clutch.

A great example is the Classic F1 Gen 2. There is a car in that category that is listed as "6 Speed Sequential" but its not mentioned that it is a dog box or if it is auto-clutch. Some further details would be greatly appreciated! Or those mini Camaro's, they are said to be sequential but it's not said that you need to lift off/blip to shift.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This v8 powered GT1 beast!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we have a "Remco Hitman" setting for the AI? I think he needs another 5%... :D

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

4 of the cars i d like to see:

toyota ae86
    renault clio cup (fwd)
    ford sierra cosworth
    Early ‘90’s Btcc cars!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Today I noticed a great implementation on PC3 without being too taxing in performance as raytraced reflections.
    SMS has implemented screen space reflections in the game (noticed on cockpit reflections) and it looks very interesting visually speaking.

[​IMG]

pc3 reflections 2.jpg
    pc3 info.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A simple request. For TT mode, would like to have the kart track leaderboards open to normal cars too.

7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting rendering tech.. makes me wonder why the general feedback online keeps bringing up the graphics quality went backward in PC3, and is worse in quality than PC2 (Anti-aliasing, etc..)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a something to consider and it's rough as guts but you get the idea..

In monitor mode the camera options are moved from the top to the bottom of the screen making it hard to use when your race rig is covering that part of the screen..

This idea uses already made containers in AMS2 and just moves them around..

ams2_monitor_adj.jpg

9. Cassini

I posted on the wrong topic.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. mattforum

mattforum New Member

Hi and thank you for this amazing sim!. I would love the ability to use launch parameters like in Project Cars 2 (I know this is a different game but the engine is shared) where you could reduce the spectators in the tracks (-skipcrowds) and maybe disable the mirroring of your VR HMD to your monitor (-vrnomirror) saving all your horsepower to render as efficiently as possible to your HMD.

Running the game in VR, even if you have the best possible machine is challenging, and being able to discard some details to focus performance on what really matters would be great. Thank you in advance!.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm hoping they redo the whole menu/ui which is currently in game. For those of us who play at higher resolutions that 1080p the ui and main menus look low quality and somewhat pixelated.
    Not to mention the fonts they have used feellike they don't fit in this game. A more racey/sporty looking font would be better suited.

I understand these are very low priority suggestions and appreciate the work you guys have done so far. I am super excited to get a career mode and hopefully some steam achievements sprinkled in (I know I know, its a sim, the achievement is the racing bla bla bla) lol or at least some kinda of xp or rating system similar to acc. Combined with some driver stats this would be great to look at my progression over the corse of my time played.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cassini

A few months ago I run some tests about livery painting/material editing in PC2 (same material function) and realized spec maps on body paint don't behave properly as we would expect.

When spec map is enabled it roughens the surface highlight but doesn't blur the environment reflection making the result look wrong.

Unfortunately, to get a proper matte finish we have to add a parameter tag directly to the material file, making it impossible to paint a range of roughness/specular from 0 to 100%.

Fresnel map work as intended.

To have a car with metallic/solid and matte paint in the same body, the livery file has to be created using the alpha channel, only available through modding right now.

A nice feature request is making the bodywork2 shader blurs the environment reflection too when spec map is enabled, making the livery creation process more straightforward and powerful.

See the screenshots from the test down below:

hardcoded specular values test
    specular_tests.jpg

fake mate painting using a specular map
    fake_mattepaint.jpg

true matte painting used in official liveries
    true_mattepaint.jpg

fresnel map working like it should
    fresnel_tests.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree wholeheartedly, I also find the menus low res and not befitting the quality of the game in general

• Like Like x 2
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

2 feature threads so same thing

15. wincup

wincup New Member

I wish a good development for Reiza.
    -Tire puncture
    -safty cars with safety car procedure (full course yellow).
    -Will be awesome! Of course I will also want GT Ferraris, Lamborghinis, for a full race GT3. Let us pray together.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. wincup

wincup New Member

I think we also have to review the AI again. I know there is a lot of work going on with you and I wish you the best of all. That said, the AI does not make mistakes, going off the track, accident ... The PCARS 2 AI was too badly set on the contrary, it crashed too often making certain races unplayable. I hope you find the right balance. Be careful of the variable weather. If a heavy rain starts during the race and your car is on a slick tire, driving is impossible it can be really annoying the time to reach the pits to change tires. While the AI will normally hold the time it also returns to the pits to change their tires. But really, I wish the AI could make more mistakes in the future which justified the arrival of a safty car with full course yellow. But I hope you can progress with talent and I wish you success.
    I come back to you again. And yes your game has enormous potential. Small thing please, in training laps, don't start the car automatically. I think we would prefer to fire our choke and fire the engine ourselves on the grid before starting the formation lap. In this regard, the starter and the manual ignition do not work. The car turns on automatically, and even having set this in the options.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  17. wincup

wincup New Member

I am coming back to you. I know you are working hard to improve the game and we can only thank you for it. The controller players are very numerous. I said that because the physics at the controller are practically unplayable in any case for the porshe GT3 cup. I know that a difficult car to drive but it looks like the Andross trophy on the ice. The slightest braking makes us go in 360 °. even in seconds! I'm not talking about the weather conditions with rain or it's unplayable. To make a reference, ACC has perfect joystick handling. I think you should get closer to this in the future. Thank you for reading me. I'm sure you can make this sim perfect.

18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some informations in UI of time and distance/laps you spent in each car/on every track I would highly appreciate.

• Like Like x 2
  19. olligreen

olligreen New Member

Based on Game Build: actual one
    Request Title: more AI opponents
    Description: possibilty to add more than 29 AI opponents (maybe 60?) on certain tracks, for example the nordschleife.
    Benefits: It will greatly improve realism of the game and boost the immersion, espacially on the one and only nordschleife! :) (i LOVE racing this at night :D )

• Like Like x 4
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I know it's probably not particularly high-priority but I think the ability to add custom soundtracks like in AMS1 would be a good addition. Hearing the same one song on loop can get a bit tiring. The ability to change materials in skinning (eg wheel colours) would also be great for skinners.