1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sauber Mercedes C9...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:)Thank you. Big fan of the car and the other Grp C's, here so will drop things in. It deserves its own thread discussion box I think. Its dominance in WSC 3rd season in particular warrants respect,
    In the 1989 World Sportscar Championship, the Sauber C9 won all except the second race
    Like an f1 car of the time, with big high downforce skin, Big boots to stick down the power.
    [​IMG]

Agreed, + ref op I fiddled the ratios, chicane can be taken in 1st, or 2nd wet Spa, my new pref is 1st but as you say its all about the delicate throttle!! Like stroking a :eek:Viper!:D
    Pictures of the real Cars
    Not yet seen the Flames in replays
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, cool thanks

3. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

...I checked my gears versus default yesterday and I believe I have raised gears 1 & 2 ten steps above default, using the standard final drive ratio - which sounds like a lot, but the intent was to make it usable around the Nurburgring (24H layout). I use 1st on 2, maybe 3 corners and I use second a few times too - and with these gears, I find it's more controllable and usable.
    I tend to set up for new tracks by using these gears as a base, raising or lowering the final drive ratio to set 5th gear for the fastest part of the track and then tweaking gears a little bit as required (maybe 1st is too low, if you drop the final drive ratio by 1 or 2 steps etc).
    I'm mainly clarifying this as people might read this thread and think "I've raised the gears a couple of steps on the C9 and the first couple of gears are still useless." - in which case, raise them some more.

ams2c9nord_gears.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    I want to like the c9... But its almost undrivable for me. I don't understand how people say its easy.
    Tried everything..setups,short shift..reduced boost.
    And I'm not the only one..me and 2 other guys tried it at interlagos. Didn't go well. I find it very hard to believe its realistic in that turbo/torque kick in.
    I really hop rieza isn't done with it yet.
    U never see it online either. Unless I setup a server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Until what gear do you think it's near impossible to drive?
    During my test on Imola in the rain on slick tyres I found that I had to be careful in 1st and 2nd gear, but could pretty much floor it in third
    On wet tyres I could floor it from 2nd gear onward.

Thing is, the car is not easy, it's a beast without any driver aids designed to be driven extremely fast by the very best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Mainly first and second, but there are instances in 3rd where it just jerks violently to the left.
    Don't get me wrong..I can get around the track w it w/o spinning, but a...its not enjoyable and b it doest feel realistic. But I've never drove one irl. I never use any aids. I turn them off in gt3 etc. I might use a hair of abs once in awhile.

I think I'm third on the leaderboard at brands w it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Alwin Papegaaij

Regarding your earlier post, did you drive on historic Interlagos or the modern one?
    These are 80's/90's cars and the tracks back then were generally more flowing back then compared to the modern circuits.
    So maybe try it on a more era correct tracks and your experience might be much more enjoyable.

8. Maser V6

Big boots
    3797346247_be9022f810_o.jpg
    Historic outer ring dry is also a good place to try out, I think pc2 variant has boost at 50% at default. Not referring to you LugNut! or any .,, Just a general. comment.:)
    Edit
    A sniff of throttle will make lots of power as shown in hud, stunning really , In 1st I apply very/little almost stall at start of race hold pedal to allow turbo lag, then gently press more (listening also for wheelspin thats is clear to hear.) turbo lag is evident and pickup/power output brutal very easy to overkill mm's of pedal input
    Spielbergh historic was a blast .the one without chicane 198mph super. online tonight

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Just use 3rd, by the time you've feathered 2nd and then changed up to 3rd, you've gained nothing, probably lost time.
    Just change your driving style, brake a touch earlier, roll in 3rd, hit the loud pedal before the apex and you'll hit boost somewhere on exit lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Alwin Papegaaij

Just have it a try around Interlagos modern circuit and didn't like it one bit either... Mostly your stuck in second gear and you never get the aero to work except the relative short straights.

11. Maser V6

11.15pm uk
    Thanks @muz_j @mrjiffy6 ,Aleta,and others who joined inc chap that had disconnect [GCR]Lucos

I'm looking forward to having more C's in AMS2, dont really mind what they are atm.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021