1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

The sse2 version doesn't use AVX instructions which are more demanding on the CPU power usage wise (and a bit quicker). I mentioned the sse2 version just for checking if your possible overclock is the reason you're crashing with the normal AVX version.

Edit: I assume the sse2 version is at the same code level as the AVX version. It was in PC2 and only Reiza will know for sure.

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This was, and shall forever be, one of the best ever mods for Rfactor (original ISI), practically a whole game on its own. Sadly it never made it into RF2. It still amaze's me today, these cars, the look, sound, the handling. Oh how I would pay money for this to be re-created in some wonderful modern sim, oh how I would scream with joy!
    hint, Hint, HINT!!!!! Sorry, dunno what came over me there................ MUTHFUDGING HINT! PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRYS AND THE WHOLE SODDING CAKE ON TOP WITH SPRINKLES 'N' FIREWORKS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!.... Whoops, sorry, it happened again... Dunno whats wrong with me???

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh and just one more little thing please. A Vauxhall Lotus Carlton, the road going rocket ship, Its not like I would sacrifice my own children for that or anything,,, BUT I WOULD, OH GOD HOW I WOULD!!!!!!!!
    Woah! Sorry about that, wow, no idea whats gotten into me today. Bloody heck, good job I ai'nt got kids eh! I SO WOULD!!!! Man, Is there an exorsist in the house?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Hoping we're going to get some pretty major A.I updates soon...Really not enjoying them/the game at the moment while trying to make a video (Which I've now given up on).
    I just can't race the 60's Minis anywhere (Competitively) without things turning to crap.

5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

With these new AIs, some combos can be a joy or a pain. Some behaviors are still very strange (as many have already reported), but I like that in general.
    I did a 20min race with the Minis in Oulton Park and it was incredible the battle against AIs throughout the race, contrary to your experience (vid in YT if interested), maybe other combos (which I can try later), it could be that pain you report.
    BTW, beautiful work with the skins of these Mini's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Yeah it seems very hit and miss. I know it's half to be expected, but it's very frustrating sometimes, hence my somewhat (Admittedly unhelpful) post. More a venting off.
    The last three tracks I tried were Cadwell Park, Snetterton 300 and Azure/Monaco. With A.I at 100-120 and 50 aggression.
    No problem regards the skins @Wedsley Dias, glad people like them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I really enjoyed the HistoX mod for AMS1 and basically begged for a more up to date version for rF2 at the time, really surprised nothing ever came from this mod again. Even a small selection of those cars grouped together would have been fantastic. Still holding hope for AMS2 to cover a good selection together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

It's no Phillip Island, but Jacarepagua 1988 is a great track with lots of fast 3rd and 4th gear sweeping bends. Tried to for the first time last week and was hooked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

The only reason I jump back into rF2 is to run a Sebring 12h simulation with the ER mod and the endurance cars from s397.
    Really sad that this isn't something I can do in AMS2. I try and do a similar type thing with the content in AMS2 using Adelaide but it really isn't the same :(

I dream of a vintage Sebring with something akin to the HistoX mod in AMS2.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks matey it's a nice track and has some great scenery. I'm not sure that I have driven it as well. Something new to play with.. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

For a giggle...

Rough as guts but you get the idea..

In monitor mode the camera options are moved from the top to the bottom of the screen making it hard to see/use when your race rig is covering that part of the screen..

This idea uses already made containers in AMS2 and just moves them around..

ams2_monitor_adj.jpg

12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I know it's mostly for motorbikes, but ... Reiza, please, could you licence this track here? This looks absolutely incredible to drive on.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Coanda

If you want a list of all vehicles in AMS2 with additional information such as..

Car
    Manufacturer
    Class
    Year
    Weight (KG)
    Engine
    Engine Mount
    Driveline
    Horsepower (HP)
    Torque (Nm)
    PWR-WGT RATIO RANK
    Auto Blip Ind
    Shift Cut Ind
    TC Ind
    ABS Ind
    KERS/ERS Ind
    P2P Ind
    DRS Ind
    Headlight Ind
    Tyre Blanket Ind
    # of Gears
    Shift Type
    # of Tyre Compounds
    Power Steer In
    Steering DOR
    Steering Wheel Type/Size

go here: My Extended Car Info Spreadsheet..

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Daytona and Long Beach I have seen them in pictures, but Watkins Glen and Sebring are also confirmed already?

Personally, apart from those 4 tracks, the ones I'd like to see the most would be Barber, Sonoma, Mosport and Road Atlanta. Unfortunately the first three I think are very underrated, and I find them very funny.

And let's hope that they can take out more circuits, mainly Australians. It would be spectacular!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Can you please share a link to this great bit of news? I've seen it speculated about and basically begged for (by me) but not any confirmation from Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Awfully sorry gents, what we've got ourselves here is a failure to communicate! I meant in my post that Long Beach and Daytona were already confirmed, but the others were separate and speculative. Confusingly worded (although not technically incorrect) on my part, so apologies for that. I've got no idea what it/they will be.

• Like Like x 3
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it become better, if reducing/zeroeing pit crew detail?

18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will have a look at second race tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I really enjoy Sonoma over in R3E. Would love to have that in AMS2. Would be cool to have some of the others you mention since I don't have them in the other sims that I use (I know they exist in ones that I don't use. :) )

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Do you have AMS1? Pretty much any track known to man (exaggerated) is in that Sim ;)

• Agree Agree x 1