1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RST Telemetry App by RacingSimTools

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Zeraxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Let’s sit and pray reiza will support to export car parameters as we don’t have to fill that long form ourselves.
    Besides such things are an opportunity to spread game usage as you raise the number of made/custom shareable items across community which lead people to obtain them with less effort.

2. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The main difference with RST is we provide the math channels for you, you get a lot of functionality with MoteC but without the math/car dyanmics knowledge behind how to convert the data into something that helps you with setup, load graphs, tire temp profiles, etc, its pointless other than looking at Raw Data.

This is also why we HAVE to use car params, any "telemetry" app you don't have some sort of car params is just looking at raw data which again isn't very useful unless were talking about driver development.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Do you have a database/zip file or such with the basic or at least some of the cars basic setup data to enable use of app?
    App is unusable without. spending hours searching
    Without having to scroll through discord or have to asked for a specific car data?
    ie retros procar vintage classics

4. Zeraxx

No, as we state in the manual its up to the user to identify /use best judgement to determine car params. We support 6 different games each with hundreds of cars, its not possible for us to go through every car (literally hundreds of cars) for every sim we support. Which is why we have pages and pages in our manual instructing you guys how to calculate them.

That being said if you were using MoteC or any other application that uses Math Channels you'd have to do the same. I understand that Car Params aren't fun, but they are needed and we spend a lot of time IRL to determine Car Params.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Lord Frommel

Lord Frommel New Member

Hi Zeraxx, almost a year passed and with the latest version of RST & AMS2 it is still not possible to import car details like pCars2. Can you please enlighten if and when this feature will become available and is there somewhere a place to find the values for manual entry??

Many thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Not to derailing too much - but in MoteC all "basic" car and lap session parameters are automagically imported from the sim.
    Or rather from the converted telemetry output from the sim.:cool:

I mean - you have to be fair of how easy this is as example in MoteC.
    If you check this pic then the lower part of the list to the right (called Logged) is automagically imported into the MoteC telemetry tool without any user effort.;)

ByTheWay. And I can garantee that the list of these "basic" logged parameters is loong in MoteC.
    I havent counted but 100 params is probably too low:D

DIFF_Funct_v2.1.png

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Zeraxx
    Do you know when it will be possible to use RST Beta with AMS2? I have the lastest Beta, but no connection to AMS2

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

RST Discord Ch. is the place to go to get updated info and much more!

Zach Etier [RST Founder] (yesterday 20:16 GMT) "Your trying to use the beta, right now only the beta supports ACC and PC2, I should have an update later to add in AMS2, iRacing, F1, and Raceroom should follow suite for now you need to use the production version of RST not the beta.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Zeraxx

LOL what are you talking about, those aren't car parameters, that list in the right is the logged data that's at the cursor position. Dont believe me?
    1) Go to Motec, open the "Maths" Window.
    2) Under any math channels you might have, click on them, then at the bottom click on "Constants".

These are the equivalent of RST Car Parameters, for your workspace you will find that Motec isn't pulling them from the game like your claiming lol.

Additionally, that Motec workspace doesn't have ANY math channels in it, literally all your doing is getting the raw data output from the game and showing them in a graph which is okay for driver development, but almost worthless for setup development.

What about wheel loads, theoretical RPM, lat load bias, CoP, or the other 50+ math channels that I use everyday at the track with my IRL clients, that RST provides the users where they don't need to know the math? If you don't want those math channels (like your Motec workspace) then your right there's not much difference in Motec and RST, but the point is RST has all the math for you because again we do setup work for IRL clients and the math can get pretty heavy for simracers.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Zeraxx

AMS2 is now available in the beta build!

• Like Like x 3
  11. alink

Great, I am really excited. What I have seen by now, there is a next big step :)

12. aeronpet

aeronpet New Member

Sorry if already asked/answered.... I´m about to purchase RST but I´m a little confused by the pricing model.
    On the website it looks like only a subscription is avalible with an monthly/yearly rate. When I download and install it looks like a non limited licence per game can be purchased.

Can somebody answer me following question:

If I install the software and buy a licence for AMS2 and Iracing, i pay 15$ each and can use it forever?
    With this model I dont have acces to "Pro" data and setups?

13. alink

You can download RST and then buy (with the integrated shop) an unlimited licence for any supported SIM, 15€ or $ each. You can pay by CreditCard, no paypal neccessary.
    But you don't have access to pro data and setups, but you will get updates.

14. alink

Would it be possible to get some very basic data, for example tire diameter, wheelbase, front track (which are car and not setup specific) just to have a starting point / know where to start?
    Maybe for different categories of cars / trucks, like street car, touring car, formula car,....
    A database which could be find on RST website, filled with the experience of well-known App-Users.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zeraxx

I
    We have some users on our discord that share car params unfortunately we can’t make a drop down for ams2 because we don’t have the required data for each car. For Pc2 and ACC we were able to get the required data from the devs/game files.

that being said I’m going to start doing some videos with AMS2 since it’s an awesome sim and it showcases a lot more of the data then ACC does so I’ll try to show the car params and how you set them from the game.

• Like Like x 3
  16. alink

it must not be for each car at the moment ;), just some approximate basics for a start up
    this would be great :)
    Just carry on!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. alink

Just tested Beta:
    Wow, what a great effort! Well Done ;)
    And it doesn't crash anymore at the end of a session.
    -But there is front wheel "wheel slip" of > 140% / 80% but the chart goes only till 40%, or did I something wrong with car parameters? But the tire diameter seems to fit.
    RST.jpg
    -The "TRACK" section / tab doesn't work (with AMS2)
    -It is great to overlay several laps in all charts now, super :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I heard, the track section will not work or won't be a feature moving forward. its a shame. i like the the track tab to set differentials..

Your parameters look good. the wheel slip chart just doesnt go that high. Above 40% you're in lockup territory anyway.

19. alink

I have my difficulties, because the color range is fixed. If driving a kart your speed is just between 20-50kph or some other slow cars with a low "high" "low" difference, there is more or less only one color. The color range should be variable by user input for example.

But a bit strange, I drove a Ginetta G40 at Snetterton and for tire diameter I had to set at front = 560mm and rear = 540mm. A smaller rear tire?

20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1