1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just find it surprising that you need that to prompt you when to change gears. Each car has its own tacho on the dash that you can look at. Also I am surprised that you just don't use the engine sound for when to change gears.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I just noticed that

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza mentioned it's still a WIP to review all the cars. Let's all be patient ;)

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Loving the new Jacarepagua layouts! Have noticed that there are some very obvious graphical issues. Drivers heads in open wheelers bluring and ghosting. If you get in an accident and loose a wheel, it does not come back graphically when you return to the pits or change to next session. I remember this was a bit of a thing a while back, but thought it was fixed, or is it a track specific problem seeing as these layouts are new?

5. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I bet that the wheel thing came with the engine. I remember that happening in PC2.

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Yeah like i said ive seen it before but not for a long time now which is why i wondered if it was in some way track related seeing as they are new and maybe not quite finished. This is an interesting track, i've not had much experience with, so think im gunna start getting to know it a bit better, the couple of times ive been on the 88 layout ive been impressed

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alink I believe you are not on page 1 of the HUD. There are 4 pages you can cycle through and if I am not mistaken you are at page 2. All pages can be individually personalized for each type of session (i.e. if you do it in a race it will not apply when you are in a practice). Just go on track in the session you want and at the page you want to adjust hit ESC and go over the HUD menu (should be bottom right): it will pop up a sort of empty HUD and for each element you can move it or set it to on/off. Make sure to save before leaving.
    For me the page 3 of the HUD is empty even when I don't touch any settings, did you try it?

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you Reiza for the rather compressed update.
    I mean it took me only a few minutes to download.;)

ByTheWay: I used the whole last week to download ACC´s latest update :p

ACC-Upd 40days.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I missing something, what is an "LSD" car? Is it car where you lick the paint and you might start tripping or perhaps a car with a paint livery like this?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  10. VFX Pro

You must be a young and arrogant prima donna expecting the world owes you. How many games have you developed?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

I didn't like the changes to the HUD icons and i don't know if they had the advice of a UI / UX designer, but now it's even more counterintuitive: brake calipers on the left side of the disc, what do you mean? Ventilated? We know that not all cars have and are different from the third screen, which im my opinion, are better and neutral. Furthermore, the icon of the new fuel nozzle is worse and different from the pause screen which is better too as well, the project must have a visual identity and be compatible with the product, but now is excessively modern, the old one was more consistent with the rest of it, and finally, speaking of the pause screen, the icons with track, time and car information should be on the left side of the information and never on the right side..(again, my opinion)

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. VFX Pro

Reiza clearly states that they couldn't deliver everything they had planned. Why raining on their parade and not celebrating all the consistent wins they have been doing for a year. Why is this world feel so entitled? :( Must be the facebook era...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. VFX Pro

"...the substantial reduction of driveline friction levels" What is the user impact of such change in plain English? Anyone?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay okay, but where is development status? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good solid update. Obviously AMS2 is far from finished but 1.1.3.5 is another step in right direction.
    New Jacarepagua layouts are great reminder of the track that's now an Olympic park and core engine adjustments are just great. Racing AI is such a blast I'm not even looking at online anymore.

One thing that needs pointing out is the version number (reminds me of 1.1.0.1 switch to 1.0.1.1 :D) as after 1.1.2.5 it should go to 1.1.3.0, but that's just me being peckish again :rolleyes:

16. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Limited Slip Differential. And here's how one type (the one most common in the game, I think) works, which might help you understand some of the setup parameters (it certainly helped me!):

• Informative Informative x 7
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Car with low slip differential (like all Formula cars, for example) does not do weird things in slow corners and on curved corner exits, and has lift-off oversteer.

Imo, this has been the biggest change in the AMS driving physics as of yet, very very different from before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Less friction inside the driveline then is currently the case, so less energy loss. This just means more power to the tires:cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you Reiza.
    I have only tested my favorite the F-Reiza on Donnington in TT mode.
    But now Im even more satisfied with this car.:p

I dunno if it is some changes in the carcass or the diffs but I consider this car even more controllable than any other virtual formula car both from Reiza - but also compared against all the formula cars I have used in both Raceroom and hehe iRacing.
    There is something extremely special with at least some of the Reiza cars compared against the commercial competition.;)

ByTheWay: Im looking forward to check out Reizas new Lotus 79 - because this car was my very special and longlasting favorite in iRacing. :D
    Eventhough I painted it as the "secret" historic Williams CVT car :D

L79_CVT-testCar onTrack.jpg

20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I tried it last week and was impressed by its progress. In fact it was very nice. So I can’t wait to try it now! (Still can’t today argh)

• Like Like x 1