1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Wouldn't even touch the 720s before... It's unrecognizable to the point where I'm beginning to doubt myself.
    All cars affected by previous strange LSD behavior that I tried so far handle waaaay nicer. Turn-in, mid-corner, even just coasting... Ie turns 3 and 4 at Interlagos with the StockCar(s). On-throttle in T3 it would squirl and hop all over the place with the rear-end. T4 would always give me trouble, I couldn't explain. The number of times I bottled it there! I love new content, but I'm glad Reiza have adressed basic physics here. It was necessary and I'm glad to be revisiting so many underused cars now.
    Sorry, it got long-winded.
    To get to the point; I like the GT3/4 way better now, also the gt1 that got lots of flak left and right, which I really don't get.
    At VIR, I always had to turn the AI down to keep up, I suspect this was, besides my mediocre skills, partly because of quirky cornering behaviour of the car.
    So I will try again tomorrow... I can almost guarantee I will fare better this time around, for reasons mentioned above.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving so much about this update, Cars feeling great! But one thing has to change, and it has to change FAST! I have just wasted 20mins of a championship race in VR (not counting the 10 or so mins of quali) I was winning and on the last sodding lap I got DQ'd for ignoring a pit stop. There is NOTHING to tell you the race will have a mandatory pit stop, I'm in VR so I've got the HUD switched off. I get NO NOTIFICATION WHATSOEVER!

Its the same with finishing a race, in any senario, if you have the hud off, you have no idea you've finished the race.

Sorry about the CAPS but this is important cause its completely put me off Championship mode and I really wanna enjoy that in this exellent sim but for god's sakes, you are not told at the start of the race there will be a mandatory pitstop, you are not warned during the race and if you do race with the hud up there then is a warning but its way too late on the last lap and you get DQ'd anyway even if you take it.

This needs sorting ASAP

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Or am I missing something??? Cause I've looked everywhere on the champ to see if there is anything and im dammed if i can find it. But I have been known to be very thick at times. This was in Stockcar champ if that helps

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Ahh, maybe if I turn Radio Subtitles on it will tell me, I know the engineer audio does'nt work yet, but maybe the subs will tell me. Will come back and let you lot know if that solves it and ive just been too thick to figure it out. Oh I shall be happy if it solves it! Happy, but still quite thick, wish I could eat that cake aswell!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. GearNazi

I must be thick as well...
    It should mention mandatory pitting, and code for crewchief maybe, to pick up on it. That is a bit frustrating.
    After finishing it does say "cooldown lap active" on my end, and I always have all HUD off.
    But it seems to insist you do 2 laps of cooldown? I sometimes get regular pit service after doing only 1 lap?! It's weird. Sure they'll get to it...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

It worked! It Muthfudging worked!!!!! I turned on radio subs and no i can see everything th race engineer says to me (still can't here him, radio audio still don't ork), turns out he's saying pleanty aswell, but most importantly! HE TOLD ME TO PIT TO AVOID DQ!!! How that then!

A small hairy twat in Norfolk is now doing a little dance!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. He still tells you TOO BLOODY LATE! He told me on the penultimate lap, litterally just as i was about to pass the pit entrance, nearly missed it! But at least its there, brilliant!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Not for me, if HUD is completely off don't even get cool down lap active, but when you cycle through hud in cockpit it goes cockpit, light, off, so maybe you are on light so it just looks like there is no HUD, depending on how you've edited it?

9. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. Does crew chief not tell you to pit then? For some stupid reason ive not used it with AMS2 yet.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. GearNazi

He does normally... Maybe install it, and see if you fare better in the Championship mode? Crewchief is must-have software for the sake of immersion alone, if nothing else. Also situational awareness.. "hold your line..." and stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GearNazi

I don't think I've ever touched any HUD settings... But I did hear some critcism on some HUD-item popping up while turned completely off... I think earlier in this thread. Didn't used to get any HUD messages except pit-info(pit next lap or something...) So something changed there. And as a fellow guitar player, you well know how bad change is, and what it does to us! Staunch traditionalists, the lot of 'm!
    But try Crewchief, and turn your HUD stuff off. Just you and your Pimax, full immersion...

12. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh i've got it, just never used it with AMS2 for some stupid reason. I am litterally that thick, when my math teaher at school asked me if i wanted to try multiplication I thought she was coming on to me! And when the guitar teacher asked me how i was getting on with my chords I said "they're a bit tight".

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Just wanting to chime in and congratulate Reiza on this update, and AMS2's birthday.

I've been sim racing since the mid 90s, and owned everything from Grand Prix 2, Grand Prix Legends, Live For Speed, RFactor, Stock Car Extreme, Assetto Corsa, and plenty of others in between.

Although I only play on a more casual basis these days, I think AMS2 is far and away the most exciting thing to happen in sim racing for more than 15 years.

The passion and dedication Reiza put into their product, coupled with the amazing (and improving) physics, the diversity and uniqueness of the content, the historic stuff and the sound, make AMS2 the singular best and most immersive racing sim on the market.

Thank you, and I look forward to enjoying the AMS2 journey as it continues!

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, they nailed it. It’s also the most immersive sim with good performance in VR out there...
    Still big headroom for optimisation but still already the best on the market...

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The latest physics revisions have really taken things to another level. Really impressive. I’m also loving the visual improvements. Game just looks amazing. I urge people to try the rFuctor 3.2 custom FFB file, it really is the icing on the cake.

Thanks Reiza, amazing work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

download.jpeg
    Agreed
    As in game crew are still having a sabbatical in AMS2 then the app is a must. Hopefully soon the ingame Crew will get back to work. A year off is a bit long and their not affected by furlough
    CrewChief Forums
    As the default audio level is at 0 in Ams2, settings it will need turning up

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sk8

sk8 Member

Porsche gt3 r topped out at 304 kph on Nordschleife main straight?! Seems a bit quick? ;) I guess this is why TT is not reset yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Depends on the horsies. The (real) 2016 model with 550hp is estimated as being able to do 299km/h.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. sk8

sk8 Member

Ok so pretty close then. Nice!

20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you disable "manual cooldown lap" in settings you will know when the race is over.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1