1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

I think you're right, remember: Rome wasn't built in one day either
    I also think that this update indeed was much bigger than most of us initially thought, and I'd rather have 1 or 2 of these kind of updates over content driven ones.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The best thing about not being decent driver is that I cannot notice lift off oversteer or issues with anti-roll bars :whistle: so I can just enjoy pure happiness from driving.

I feel sorry for others who cannot have that childish fun anymore though ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which audio setting are you referring to? I think i've tried them all but I still get no audio in AMS2 from CrewChief. The audio is there when I Start Application in CrewChief but silence from it within AMS2.

CrewChief works fine for me in other games (eg. RaceRoom), so I'm a bit perplexed.

4. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried: Options / System / Shared memory = Pcars 2, UDP frequency = Pcars 2?

• Like Like x 3
  5. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That was it, thanks. I'd actually looked in there before and decided not to change anything as I had no idea what those settings were for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Video not loading hold on .
    All mine
    Ref amp surround and chief
    Ha different/wrong thread same q so same answer for both!! other was dolby related

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone! I liked the changes, the stock car 2021 is better, but I think it can improve more, but my question is about some things like animation of wipers in the rain that are unreal, marks on the asphalt, dust when you left the track, and a doubt, we will not have the new sprint race?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bgil66

bgil66 New Member AMS2 Club Member

We are sooo lucky with the amazing selection of great sims! Happy Easter everyone!!

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair point.

I also read each years F1 technical regs. DRS info is as vague as f@#k.. I vaguely remember KC talking about the off throttle deactivation. I think it was in the 2020 pre season tests. They were talking about Ericssons big Monza crash..

10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a mistake in the Rio oval. There are cones in the middle of the track. When you drive the track in a single race mode, they are very clear to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It could be that it varies by team or even driver - or it could be one of those things where a clarification / directive has been issued to the teams and never published (grrr FIA!).

So all that said I'd be in favour of adding an option to the game to allow the player to have deactivation as per their preference, unless of course there's strong evidence that'd be unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Hi MaserV6,
    does it mean Spotter and Race engineer works out of the box in game without CrewChief?
    Happy Easter!

13. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think he is showing his setup for CC. I don't think the in game feature works atm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Sadly they dont. You just need to download it (chief) then set it up in ams. vid was for chap with dolby and crew chief issue.
    Chief download link in post #136 or below
    Agreed
    As in game crew are still having a sabbatical in AMS2 then the app is a must. Hopefully soon the ingame Crew will get back to work. A year off is a bit long and their not affected by furlough

CrewChief Forums
    As the default audio level is at 0 in Ams2, settings it will need turning up

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im absoloutely loving getting to know the Lotus, its just fanatastic, A.I. need a calibration pass, but im sure that will come. But that car (especially around 1970's Spielberg), Wow what a ride!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I had it always with CC,but i saw your settings and thought it could do now in game.Why did you enable Spotter and Race engenieer an put pit radio to 98?I did change nothing and it worked with CC.Do i get more info with this settings in CC?
    Thanx

17. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Ginetta GT4 still has no ABS or TC after so many months.
    Still abs and TC in this games seems like it doesn't work properly anyway, if you turn off, turn on or increase or decrease abs it makes no difference
    TC only makes difference in any value below 0.19 and it is broken as if you lower too much and go full throttle on a straight the traction control is on all the time and you can't go faster, no matter how much grip you have, it is so disappointing to see this bugs still present in a game that is 1 year old. audio quality is some cars are worst than forza 2 a game that is more than 10 Yr old, focus more on fixing the game, it seems that the most important is add cars and tracks to a broken game.
    multiplayer is barely a multiplayer, AI in some classes and tracks are dumb as hell, you released an update with cones in the middle of the oval track in Jacarepaguá, how is it possible to have so many beta player and stupid things like this still come out in the game. I know that Reiza is a small studio, but acc have a small team too, not as small as reiza, but This kind of bugs I have never seen there, I know I may sound hard and unreasonable, but this is what I fell right now with a game that I am trying so hard to love, ok now we have custom championship, but I think that most people care more for multiplayer than playing against an AI. I prefer a game with 20 cars that work properly than a game with 100 cars that have so many bugs and improvements to bring.
    Please reiza, show some love for the bug fixing and actual improvement for the package that we have already. I know that you are probably using freelancers to build as much content as possible first and after fix the bugs, but the problem is that if it takes too long, many people won't be here anymore when the fixes show up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All your points make sense, (but i hope you know, that less TC% means "less slip allowed" so less=higher TC) i also understand, that someone might ask, how some things can slip through, even when reported months ago, but this statement above is very unfair. It's factually not true, that they're not showing love for the bug fixing. One single look at every changelog proves you exactly that.
    The rate of fixing problems in the game is higher, than content releases in the last months for a reason. But not everything can be solved at once and some things might be overlooked, but fixed within the next hotfix. (I'm pretty sure, the cones on Oval type of issues have been acknowledged by now already, as often as it was reported)

And some other things aren't just as easy to tackle, as they might seem at first glance.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I know less means higher TC, but they way TC works is so strange, abs doesn't work
    and tmwe reported the ginetta having no abs or TC months ago, simione acknowledged and still there, objects flickering in Nurburgring, huge fps drop in replays, I know it must be an issue with the game engine, but after one year we can hope for some improvements, I am not saying that they are not fixing the game, but they could stop for a while with content to fix the game properly, replays everytime you watch it it makes another copy, some silly bugs that should not even pass the beta testers and are here. I really like the game, I mean I really do, but this bugs and issues is so frustrating sometimes.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it is.
    The replay save bug is a perfect example for things, that aren't that easy at second glance, for example. It's pretty random and doesn't happen every time, there are many possible connections etc.