1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell happened to this game?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by cereal killer, Apr 2, 2021.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I have a G25, and I only started playing again after the last little patch came out. What I can say is that I have totally lost the feeling when driving. The driveability of the cars and the ffb have changed a lot and unfortunately in a very negative way for me. I literally no longer recognize the game and have totally lost the pleasure of driving. I think it's a decidedly unsatisfactory mix of ffb and tire physics. I feel disconnected from the car. I don't know if the responsibility is for the substantial update or for the very small corrective patch released immediately after. I only know that AMS2 is currently unusable for me and my only remaining hope is that a future update will significantly improve this situation. Yes, I am very sad.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Depending on how long ago you've been playing before, did you delete the documents folder?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Hey there have you tried changing the FFB settings in game?
    I noticed today how much my FFB settings have changed over the last twelve months for this game. The sliders have also changed in game, as have the recommended values from when it was first released.
    The main ones for me are that I used to have FX slider on about 26 and it was great then, now it’s a poor value and I now have it on 96. I used to have the LFB on about 24 and now it’s on zero.
    Have a play with the in game FFB sliders / settings and hopefully you feel connected again.
    For the last month, I’ve been playing AMS2 more than RF2 and I never ever thought that would happen.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

This is a really good point! It could be a combination of your documents folder being out of date and having old settings on the new sliders.

5. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Very likely. I remember forgetting to reset my documents folder and the game drove pretty bad. Took the time to reset my documents and FFB settings and it drove great.

6. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I deleted the Automobilista 2 folder as you suggested but the problem is not solved.The latest updates have obviously changed something in terms of tires physics and consequently of ffb, with disastrous results for me. As an example, one of my favorite cars, the Sauber C9, is no longer the same car. Driving it feels like a massless car, the ffb is very flat, I find it all very unnatural and very PJC-ish. I was convinced that AMS2 was on its way to getting closer to the good old AMS1 but with these updates, FOR ME they have taken two steps back. Did I mention that I am very disappointed ?, I repeat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's something to do with your setup, the last updates have improved many cars if anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

might seems strange to hear, but I share the very same feeling with my Simucube2. already deleted the documents folder but I still feel ffb has gotten much, much worse and physics feels wackier than ever.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Verified the cache?

• Like Like x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in this madness engine and quirky little glitches, it was the same in PC2. I guess that maybe some of the issues aren't that easy to resolve and this could well be another, with users getting different FFB behaviours.

11. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I quickly tried the Lotus 49c again, a car with which a fortnight ago I enjoyed myself for an hour: currently I find it undriveable, absolutely unnatural. I really can't understand, why all this?

12. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Very weird. From what I see. And I played a great deal of PC2 is that they are moving more and more away from PC and in a good way. And this update looks like a good step again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Maybe uninstall and install again? Because this doesn't feel right. Maybe a problem with your wheel?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

With my g27 I also feel that the ffb is going the wrong way. Mainly for me was the lightness even though fx were clunky and no middle at all. My wheel no longer felt like it was connected to car.

The only way now on default for me to fill the middle is to have lfb at 90.

But there is a better option if you go to the custom ff thread on here. Some really good work by talented guys has been done in that thread, go check it out. In there lies a lovely file or two for you to try.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

Same here...

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The default profile isn't great with Logitech wheels. Try Stakanov's modifications to rFuktor 3.2 in the custom FFB thread. And the LFB isn't that high, it works differently from other sims so running very high values is not necessarily bad a thing. Whatever gets the FFB signal to differentiate between the different forces.

17. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps it helps if you choose Custom wheel in your Control Schema?
    I think the FFB has improved over time. it works to my satisfaction.

18. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

Nope, custom ffb didn't help.

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please post ingame and driver own FFB settings?

20. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

I own the G29 and I can tell you that the ffb feels very good, even better with the latest update. the only thing I did is lower the gain to 65.

try reinstalling the Logitech Hub program, it happened to me that the G29 did not work well.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021