1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T300 wheel rotation not aligned with ingame rotation

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Sektor, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Sektor

Sektor Member

The wheel stays in the rotation that is set in the device properties, so if it's set to 900, every car has that amount of rotation. I've calibrated the wheel but it didn't help. It worked well before. What can i do to fix this? Tnx.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey^^

Two ways to maybe solve it:

Check, if your drivers didn't got shot to death by any Windows Update in the last weeks. (Once my TM Shifter driver got destroyed by a cumulative Win Update for some reason) And check, if the games are still allowed to take control over your devices rotation.

You can rename/delete/back up your Automobilista folder in the Windows Documents folder and try to start on a new profile. (Also helped me once with the exact same problem, you have, but a Fanatec device)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sektor

Sektor Member

Wheel works fine with AMS1, gonna try deleting from documents.

Edit: the drivers (TM controller panel) works fine. After deleting the AMS2 folder in documents, still nothing changed. I'm getting tired of stuff like this...

Btw, how can i check if the game can take over my device?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  4. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

I have a Fanatec Clubsport 2.5 shows calibration at 1080 degrees, but in the new Lotus the wheel rotation does not match or scale, having to turn the value down to 450 degrees to match wheel rotation in car. Not sure if this is normal or a bug, as most games calibrate to make rotation and then scale car to match era etc.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

5. CrimsonEminence

Strange thing here is, a Fanatec CSW 2.5 should be at 900°. The Wheelbase doesn't feature 1080° of rotation. (I own one)

Is your wheel own rotation set to Auto?

6. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

I agree it should only be 900 and was set on wheel to 900, however the in game calibration allowed a 1080 calibration at 90 degrees. I then had to set the lotus to 450 to match the in game revolutions.

I have since changed the FFB file and recalibrated this time to 900 at 90 degrees and had to adjust again to match the wheel input in the Lotus.

7. CrimsonEminence

This is not normal behaviour and CSW 2.5 is usually fully supported by the game.

Please try to rename or back-up+delete your Automobilista 2 folder in the Windows Documents folder and start with a new game profile for a test.

Make then sure, your wheel rotation is set to "auto" at first start and calibration.

Also make sure, your drivers weren't corrupted by a windows update (this actually happened once to me).

Try wheelmake "custom" in the game controller options. if still strange stuff occurs.

8. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

That has happened to me I set it to 576 works much better

9. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

I have noticed that all the vehicles are running different wheels of rotation agreed some the same.
    Meaning that the wheel and game is not auto calibrating to the vehicles, for instance drive the porshe at around 820 degree to match in game wheel, then drive lotus 76 and you will find that if memory served somewhere in the 400 hundreds I think without checking again. This for me also then applies the correct FFB in the most part, without having to correct to much the setting for FFB in game.

It seem crazy that the game is not auto adjusting this to match like other sims, i.e.setting wheel to 900 degrees would allow the maximum to be applied and the game adjust per car automatic applying the correct wheel rotation to match both in game.

What do you guys think ?

10. CrimsonEminence

It should auto set correct wheel DOR.
    Make sure, your ingame calibration is correct (don't forget to go back to the center position, before doing the 90° wheel turning step)

Also in the driver allow games to take control over the wheel rotation.

11. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

I am think that with the Logitech wheels, this is the case as I previously owned. However the Clubsport 2.5 even with the calibration set to 900 on the 90 degrees rotation, and the steering wheel base set to 900, the cars still do not check correctly. I have just checked again and calibrated to make sure.

The Porshe GT3 880 -840 Degress
    Caterham 720 Degress
    Brabham BT46B 520 Degrees

12. CrimsonEminence

Do you have set your steering rotation to "Auto" or "AUt" in the tuning menu of your CSW 2.5 under "Sen" because that's what you have to do...also calibrate it with this setting. I have the same wheelbase and my wheel perfectly adapts to the steering rotation automatically. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

let me give that a go,

14. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

"You Sir are a Legend ", that has sorted it, it is now scaling, I guess as you would expect on Auto.

• Informative Informative x 1