1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell happened to this game?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by cereal killer, Apr 2, 2021.

1. TomP

TomP Active Member

Default FFB profile is ok, just not on Logitech wheels:
    • massive deadzone (lightness in center),
    • really bad wheel response curve (no middle)
    I made custom FFB file to eliminate these flaws (using it for almost a year now) and it works well. No changes in ffb after recent update. G27 is similar to G29 so give it a try, or as mentioned above try rFuktor 3.2 in the custom FFB thread.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I've been using the one that Stakanov has made with the tightening numbers changed to fill the center. I use 65 lfb now and have a decent center,it feels like a steering column now. Thank goodness for the guys making the ffb files. Some work has gone in there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I'm using the same settings used before the updates.
    I don't think it's a ffb issue, I think it's a physics thing which modifies the behavior of cars and also impacts on the ffb. I don't know what Reiza did, I just know that with this update the game literally sucks me.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mean Custom FBB, But to choose a Custom wheel or just try another, in your control scheme setup

20210403151030_1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And what settings are these? The FFB got updated, of course it will be different, that's why i'm asking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. CrimsonEminence

Try going down with gain to 75 and LFB to 25. It will be less beefy, but maybe the useful stuff in the mix gets clipped and mushed away right now.

I would recommend to leave damper and spring channels of the driver on, btw.. (AMS2 doesn't utilize them properly anyway, like most of the recent simulators and if they are actually needed for a full FFB mix for any game, that uses them, you will not have them, otherwise)

8. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Can confirm my copy of the game is sadly not performing this action. I’ve got the season pass and everything.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I guess you don't have a Logitech steering wheel. Believe me, with these wheels to have a minimum of consistency at the wheel, both the gain and the LFB must be kept quite high. In recent months I have tried different settings and even some custom ffb, but in the end I always come back to this setup. In any case, I repeat that it is not a problem of only ffb, it is precisely the physics that has changed, consequently the ffb changes. The problem is that for me it has definitely changed for the worse and not for the better.

10. CrimsonEminence

I mainly use a CSW 2.5 but i have a G27, visible in my signature, btw.^^ (And a MOMO Racing, but didn't fired it up for ages)
    Have you tried changing it again since the update?
    The physics haven't changed in that way, that influences on the FFB should be pretty high.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please post a screen shot of your ffb display from the telemetry hud after some demanding corners, where the ffb-load might be high?
    You know which I mean? The histogramm with these columns.
    I think Crimson is right and you do not feel anything due to clipping.

12. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I really find it hard to believe it.The Sauber C9 now looks like a bicycle, has a kart cornering insertion.I can't drive the Lotus 49c anymore, it doesn't go straight even in straight lines.These are just two examples.It can't just be a question of ffb.

13. CrimsonEminence

It was related to physics haven't changed enough to have big influence on FFB.(The quote is out of context) Of course physics in general have changed. I'm also not the biggest fan of the F-Vintage right now. The Sauber C9 hasn't changed with the recent updates, btw..

14. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

Forgive me, but I've been playing driving simulators since Crammond's first F1GP. I have used all the simulators over the years and I have the presumption that I am perfectly capable of perceiving the clipping on my hands. I don't need telemetry to figure out if the steering is clipping or not. Currently it does not clip at all, after the update the forces have further reduced

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Unfortunately it seems. nobody is able to help you or can answer your question.
    I also play racing simulators since i was a little kid btw., also starting with Microprose GP and Accolade GP and i still learn stuff, when i'm open for it.

Happy racing, mate! :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Everybody here is trying to help you and putting effort in it, and basically all you do is tell them to buzz off.

Genuine question from my side: Do you actually want people to help you or do you only want to complain about the game?

As Crimson said: Happy racing!

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Synaks

Synaks Member

I use a g29 and have found the game moving in a generally positive direction, I use 75 gain, 15 lfb, 5 fx, and 40 damping. Only reason I use damping is that otherwise the wheel will rattle itself to pieces.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Question regarding the F-Vintage: Haven't driven it (BT26A) after the update but loved it before. Did something change and better to wait for an update or did things stay the same for these cars?

19. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I don't seek help from other users, no one could help me. Only the Reiza team could, because only they, with their choices, shape the game as they want. All I was looking for when opening this thread was a comparison with other users. It has emerged that most are satisfied with this update, and that someone else (besides me), believe that a step back has been taken. Nobody should be offended by that, there's really no reason.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Just try it out. The tires got revised. Can be a bit edgy on throttle. It's not borderline undrivable, but it's definetly a handful now.^^

• Like Like x 2