1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISI partnership with Luminis, will Reiza next sim benefit from it somehow?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Will Mazeo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh please, stop taking "game" as a detrimental word to a sim title. By game I mean a complete thing, user interface, content, etc all focused on plug and play, you know the ready to go thing. rF2 never was that way and they actually made some things more complicated with their modding system.
    Real pure simulators are in racing team shops, whatever get to the average user PC is either a sim platform for a game or a sim game. It's near impossible for us to load a single tire in real time physic, let alone a full car lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Rebellion

Rebellion Member AMS2 Club Member

sorry for OT.
    For some, a game is a game, a game is a simulation, a simulation is a simulation and a simulation is a game.
    and then there are still some who do not care. The main thing it's fun.
    I am in favor. that each game be allowed to call publicly as he wants, without which he is reprimanded immediately.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Heikki21

Heikki21 Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I didn't know before, that Marcel Offermann / Luminis were so much involved in the development of Automobilista :eek: but this video shows it quite good

As I am a big supporter of rf2 I think it's a really good decision from isi to hire these guys :) I now just hope that the development and next steps for Automobilista are not influenced in a bad way and don't slow down :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i believe after I read about them going back (or allowing) to the older tyre model AMS is defo the better option. I cant see how that differs now really?

Rf2 will never be a balanced, consistent product. Its just a hybrid of 2 tyre models. Rf1/rf2

5. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

they sold rf2 to them with few minor conditions. Actually its other way around, Lumi develops rf2 and hires some isi staff :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

Allowing, not "going to". Their content will continue to use the current tire model
    Open the rest of physic files in rF2 and see the difference ;) plus all the other features like rejoin, resume from replay, AI, etc.
    Actually their decision on the tire model is one more reason I wish AMS would use isi2.5
    Well, at least now I can start porting the EEC GT3 physic files, tho probably not needed with the reworked Apex mod coming

7. Msportdan

don't get me wrong I'm glad somethings being done about the stale rf2. Just wish they could bring all content up to date, sort remaining issues then continue at the forefront of tyre physics.

But hey I'm speculating here, and that doesn't mean anything. so lets wait n see eh?

8. Will Mazeo

Then no worriers, allowing a rF1 tire model to be used by modders would not stop them from bringing stock content up to date I'd imagine.
    It's just a way (that should be there from day 1 of rF2 development) to bring people from rF1, the tire is by far the worst thing when you want to port a car from rF1 to rF2 (IMO) =/
    (a tool to convert the tires easier would also be cool tho, would rather have a focus on this at this point)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  9. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's be realistic though, this is seriously unlikely to mean rF2 suddenly becomes a prime modding platform. What it will mean for the most part is people will be able to convert rF1 mods they like and keep rF1 installed for (hello DRM Revival) for rF2 themselves. However then you have the track issue, since in my opinion cars are not really rF2's problem. The problem I always have is I can find a car I really like, but then struggle to find a track I really want to race it on. I can only do so many laps of Sebring, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock and Estoril. Given what Tim said in the RD interview about Marcel wanting a full (or at least more than one model) series of cars in new licences I hope that will extend to tracks. The USF2000 car coming soon for example, we have Indy officially as well as Mid Ohio and Barber through mods but it'd be cool to have Road America or Laguna Seca to give more tracks run by the actual series. Or even Iowa (God's own oval) to get ahead on the 2017 season.

10. Msportdan

but we still have the same old inconsistent content problem , I cant see this being addressed in their new road map, if anything made worse!

Its frustrating being a sim racer atm.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As Tim alluded to in the interview there's more scope (money) for licensing it seems and it's the Tracks that ask a lot (as well as the cars), I too hope that a Full Series includes Tracks but it's never as simple as it may seem. There are a lot of high quality RF2 tracks out there, more than I have enough time to devote too and I'm hoping this latest announcement will provide a fresh injection from the community to make more high quality tracks.

It's far from frustrating being a sim racer right now, the choice is tremendous from a wide variety of different Sims and the future is extremely bright, as Yazz once sang - The Only Way Is Up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i think this is going to influence (or get influenced by) partnership with Reiza. i dont think luminis is going to keep developing 2, more or less, competitive sims

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. zaphod

zaphod Zaphod Christiani AMS2 Club Member

imho ... Reiza needs absolutely to make sure that they are independent with their upcoming Sim!
    without the ISI-Tag on their titles ... they would be already far above rF2 and be the Sim N°1!!!

15. Will Mazeo

It's not only about physics, features already there are amazing and it'd save Reiza some time too.

16. Msportdan

reiza content is already miles ahead of all ISI mods and stuff. Im not sure here. massive case of over expectation here i think.

17. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Will Mazeo

I agree with you, the content yes, Reiza did it superior to any stuff available from ISI in rF2. AMS itself on the other hand is miles behind on features.

I agree with you but well... isi2.0 was a foreign code at some point not so long ago :D
    Don't get me wrong, I hope Reiza can give these extra features in their next sim one way or another. As a customer I just want to use what is best out there, future is looking bright on the scene with rF2 updates and next one from Reiza, hope now there will be a sim I can say "hey I'm a fanboy of that one" hahaha :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Msportdan

exactly when u drive a car or a track even pats, you can tell its a reiza content. RF2 well its a mish mash imo. once referred to as a broken biscuit barrel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I'd really like to like rF2, but its content is very inconsistent, in both graphical fidelity and physics. Also, their FFB doesn't work well for me on my G25, but thats something I've given up on :)

When I read these news, I tried it again for the first time in over a year, and it doesn't seem to have developed a lot since then. So hopefully this partnership brings new wind into rF2 development. The game part, I mean.

• Agree Agree x 1