1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell happened to this game?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by cereal killer, Apr 2, 2021.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your avstar fits your attitude.
    Over an out!;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A comparison you will have. I am on a g920 and the game feels as good as ever. No issues with ffb or the game physics.

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's because it's one of those cars that for whatever reason has its rear tyres inflated to balloons (1.8 bar) by default. Once you drop that down to something reasonable (1.4 bar), it becomes much better.

Not sure why the default is like that, maybe it's like Grand Prix Legends 1.0 shipping with totally broken setups because Dave Kaemmer wanted everyone to believe 60's F1 cars were impossible to drive in a straight line. ;)

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This depends on the track. You don't want to run 1,4 bar at Imola 72, believe me. (At least not, if you want to have some performance on the straights)

I can tell you first hand, that it's not the objective by anyone at Reiza, to make you believe, the cars should be undrivable!

5. azaris

Eh. I also don't want to fishtail endlessly out of every hairpin or fly randomly into a wall in Tamburello because someone set up my F1 car like a 1990 Ford Fiesta. In general, I find the penalty for underinflating the tyres in AMS2 to be relatively low, maybe it should be a bit higher in terms of tyre degradation and sidewall response.

6. CrimsonEminence

Just 1.8 bar at the rear, to race a Fiesta...that's slow :p

No idea, right now, how much it is influencing the new F-Vintage tire. Other cars like the SC2020 make you wish for way less tire degradation after driving 2 laps push :p

Tire degradation is taking place, but it also depends on other factors, like ambient and track temps, track itself, for example. But these tires are also definetly not the least endurable one (not saying, they shouldn't show side effects).

7. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

My updated avatar fits me better! :D

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. azaris

Yes, we're all just fanboys yanking your chain. The problem is not just on your end. The physics are totally 100% broken since the last update and we're all just pretending they aren't. You really got us.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Okay. So let's say I'm a Reiza dev reading this.
    I see someone who seems somewhat frustrated with the new update. That's fair. I'm sure we've all been there. It's annoying if something doesn't meet our expectations.
    So I feel for this guy and I want to help.

First I need to know what the actual issue is. For this a need some data. No subjective description of the problem. Plain, fair data.

So, I see some wheel settings. That's nice, those don't seem too weird in first glance. So maybe it's the physics.

The guy doesn't really give a clear explanation of what the issue with the physics is. Again, fair. Not everybody is a race engineer, physicist or game dev.

But when someone ask for some actual data, the guy says he doesn't want to give it. He says he's an experienced racer who doesn't need data. What should I do?

No really. What do you want Reiza to do with this thread? What should Reiza practically do, so that you feel you have been helped in a satisfactory manner?

Genuinely curious.

xxx Some random fanboy apparently

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Haha wow, you were not kidding. Much more skittish than before.
    One thing I did notice though is that it seems that the tires heat up much more quickly now.
    Could it be that this is another step in getting the physics to a higher level, but making the cars a bit more difficult for the moment?

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This guy is a troll. Ignored.

Thanks to everyone else for salvaging the thread. Nothing worse than having to read redundant ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. CrimsonEminence

The F-Vintage weren't spinning their tires at all before the revision. They had this odd behaviour of sticking to one rpm range or even bog down, when starting them from standstill, which is pretty optimistic for such light and energetic DFV and V12 driven cars and they were fairly grippy in addition.
    My personal opinion is, i'm not sure, it isn't overdone now, though, they are indeed pretty twitchy now, when (and how they are) going over the limits and i also agree, that reducing tire pressures will calm them down...this isn't the major solution for it, though because it also has some downsides.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  14. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Troll detected. Ignored.

15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What the hell happened to this What the hell happend to this game thread?:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

They were indeed quite easy to drive before, and no, I also have no idea what would be realistic as I have never driven one.
    Looking at footage of the old days, they do slide a bit but seem relative stable. But then again, I'm not sure whether my driving skills are up to par to those guys.....
    Although.... Of course they are!:whistle::whistle::whistle:
    And now I will crawl back into reality...

• Like Like x 2
  17. CrimsonEminence

I'm sure they are. We are all pro-drivers here, that avoid Gold-Rating to get matched with bronze regulations :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Folks, plz. Ignore him. You put your help into this thing. He did not even said one word like „thanks for trying to help me“ or something like that.
    We figured out right now that there are a lot people with g29 and similar enjoying the game, so.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

Glad I made you smile, badly needed these days. :rolleyes:
    Unfortunately, only a few understood the spirit of the thread and gave me the only answers I was looking for:
    a) The game is the same as before
    b) the game got worse
    c) the game is better than before
    Note that I also reiterated this in post # 39.
    The others answered a question with "n" questions, legitimate, in fact I also answered. Others, on the other hand, reacted sparsely when my answers were not to their liking, I'm sorry for them.
    It seems to some that it is incomprehensible that on the other side, someone may be perfectly capable of adjusting his ffb without receiving his advice and without showing a histogram. I'm sorry for him too.
    I could answer each of these users, point by point, but it is now clear that it would be a waste of breath.
    I definitively abandon the thread because paradoxically I have received more answers to my perplexities (without asking questions) by reading other threads.
    A hug from your favorite troll, good races to you too. :whistle:

20. Surrexen

Surrexen New Member

I had some strange things happen with my G25 with the last patch but it's all working correctly again now after removing documents\Automobilista 2 folder and starting over from scratch. FFB seems fine to me.

• Agree Agree x 1