1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Yes it is lighter and Id describe it as informative and free moving more tuned for faster speeds and aggressive fast wheel movements in battle. But then it should scale up with higher gain and fx. I just don’t go for extra exaggerated effects as more immersive feel can come at a cost of speed. So it’s a balance.
    also my wheel is slightly different as i’m running the lighter leather add on wheel and also i’ve done a ball bearing mod on tensioner/rollers in base so have less resistance
    I did try alegunners and it’s what lead me down the path of tweaking tyre resistance .

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Around 70/50/50/50. In game

FEI = 90 and DRI = 2 on wheel.

HTH

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Happy Easter guys, thanks for all comments! We could not resist an experimental iteration.

"Silver Raw - EasterFuktor":

This has been completely co-worked with @Shadak & @Panos Schoino.
    * High end file only. Please adjust for other wheel-bases.
    * Experimental update to rFuktor 3.2.
    * Less harsh going from non-grip to full-grip.
    * Power-steering now adjusts feeling of downforce as well as delta steering angles.
    * Removed harsh micro-bump coming from micro-bumps.
    * Again more center feel.
    * Adjusted lfb for steeper curve. Should help lower end wheel bases a little.
    * Grip feel slightly adjusted.
    * Brake feel stronger, but not obstructing grip loss feeling (on hard braking for example).
    * Scrub adjusted to higher frequency, as it seems to play nicer with some wheel bases.
    * Untested viscosity functionality. Comes with value "visc_scale".
    * Lower gain will allow more downforce dynamic range than prior versions.

Direct link: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-silver-raw-easterfuktor-txt.13750/

It is somewhat experimental as it is not as well tested as the prior version, but hopefully plays nice. Nothing big, but should be a nice change in a few places.
    After this I will now finally next start assembling the combined .zip file that includes all files posted by you all. I will prob. take your values and inject directly in to this latest version, if we find it an ok iteration.

-K

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And when you think it can't improve who knows how much ... here Karsten & Co. put another flag on their collection ... ;)
    I really think that the experiment was very successful, not because it was upset who knows what, but because what was vague in the previous rFuktor 3.2 (if one can say so since it was already great) has been even better tuned in the EasterFuktor ... :cool:

We were two friends discussing these files, of which I with the G920 and the other with the G29, but tonight a third joined the G25 in telephone contact and to do the tests ... we just needed to restart the game about ten times, inserting the values of the previous file one by one and decide if it was good or not, then go to the next item .... in short, always better !!
    But what did we warn?
    - the front wheels feel more in contact with the ground, they are also less elastic but transmit more information;
    - the transition from non-grip to grip is more highlighted and therefore more control;
    - the center is fuller and together with the aforementioned characteristics, we obtain that the entry into the curve takes place in a more homogeneous way and without jumps in sensation (from the straight to the beginning of the curve);
    - this time there was no need to change the 1-2-3 timings, but we confirmed that on a logitech basis the 1-2-3 resistances of high DF cars should be lowered by 30-35% to avoid clipping (even in 'rFuktor was like that);
    - lastly we managed to increase the tighten range a bit to 0.12 and the falloff to 0.0120
    - the value in game are all the same.

LOGITECH G920 (but also G29-27-25)
    GAIN 65 LFB 50 FX 55 DP 55
    then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste.

Here in Italy for a few minutes it's 04/04/2021 so a HAPPY EASTER TO ALL THIS HAPPY BAND OF AUTOMOTIVE E-RACERS ... AND THANKS KARSTEN & CO. FOR THIS EASTER EGG

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Hello @Stakanov ! I own a Logitech G29. Yesterday I tried your file and I must say that I'm thrilled. I tried a few categories; GT3 (911, AMG, 720s), GT4 (570s, Camaro), F Retro (Lotus 79, BT44, Formula Reiza gen 2) and the Mini Challenger JCW (the latter struggling a bit due to its physics) . I'll try other categories later.

Stai facendo un ottimo lavoro con i FFB dei Logitech, bravo! ;)

Buona Pasqua!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey @MCor57 thanks ... try the last my tuning of Easter Karsten file's is mutch coerent and with a best center.... ;)
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/atta...y-stakanov-for-g920-also-g29-27-25-txt.13752/

My prefer categories are:
    - All the BRAZILIAN SERIES
    - All the PROTOTYPES
    - All the GT3, GT4, TOURING
    - All the HISTORICAL TOURING CARS
    - Almost all FORMULA CARS*
    - Some CLUB CARS while ARC CAMARO and PUMA P052*
    - Of the two STREET CARS i like only the ULTIMA*
    https://www.game-automobilista2.com/vehicles

*I cannot close the circle with the same general settings only with some cars that are particularly swaying and characterized by a strong rear slip when accelerating, such as FORMULA VINTAGE, CATERHAM, CAMARO SS ... or rather to be able to guide them I have to completely upset the game settings and also the values of the FFB file ... but I think it is due to the fact that the physics is still immature on certain aspects that do not allow the right use ... if you add to this that I am sick of the use of the H gearbox and the manual clutch, then it becomes even more complicated ... yes because I think that the clutch, differential and partly that of the suspension are the sectors where it is needed still a big intervention by Reiza!!! ;)

Ringrazio per auguri e rilancio augurandoti il meglio possibile!!!! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten et al. Thanks for continuing to work on this important stuff for us. Just out of interest I switched back to default FFB and it feels like the steering column is made out of silicone rubber.

I just tried the Easter Fuktor file and while in general it's outstanding, I do notice the return of the pronounced clunk as the wheel (TS-PC) passes through centre. Is there something in the file that can dial this out?

8. Kuku Maddog

What are your settings both in control panel and game, I sense nothing like that on similar architecture t300 base.
    Also to save Karsten saying it again, switching between default and these customs in same session can sometimes cause strange things.

9. Kuku Maddog

@Karsten Hvidberg @Panos Schoino @Shadak
    Totally amazed by this Easter special, Its so good out of the box, that I've barely made any adjustments. I didnt think there was much more left in terms of improvement, but its gone to another level again.

I flipped flopped between tightening and not, but settled on having amended tightening in file as it was more informative at small steering angles , I could also enjoy no tightening and moderate 35-50 levels of LFB , but it didnt give the micro bumps and track feel on straights etc and was slower to signal turn in feel. ( which is a pleasant advancement in file).

@Stakanov I played with the tyre resistance for high df , but it messed with the consistent feel between classes and felt less informative and linear , I found it better to just raise high df static resistance to reduce extreme loads, as I think they have the tyre resistance mix just right.

Best Easter ever :cool:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. tpw

Thanks Kuku Maddog.
    TM control panel : 75/100/100/100/0
    In game: 80/50/50/0/50

I've been using these settings for quite a few months, they give me a pleasing sense of weight in the steering. I turned in game damper to 0 following rfuktor release to remove the power steering.

The knock is barely noticeable in some cars, very noticeable in others eg Ftrainer. FWIW I noticed it immediately upon starting the game after after upgrading from Rfuktor3.2. I switched to default to see if the knock was present there (it's not, but the rubber feeling is just too much for me).

11. Kuku Maddog

I’d say those settings are contributing to the problem.
    try turning spring down to zero in cp
    don’t be afraid of power steering in these files . it won’t make your wheel lite or weak.
    many of us have found around 50 very good.
    I think your the first case i’ve seen of running 0 power steer.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tried any custom FFB for a very long time but hearing a few people talk it up and also seeing the rFuktor (rFactor reference) i just had to have a go :cool:
    I installed the Easter Fuktor file and made sure to select custom in game, now i'm not sure what i'm supposed to change for my CSWv2 base seeing the "High end file only" part at the start of the download post? Am i supposed to read through the whole 118 pages to find what is needing to be changed or is it just try different settings until taste?
    With my current in game settings of 69 gain 0 LFB, 0FX and 20 dampening this Easter file felt just lifeless with a notch at center :confused: Is there someone somewhere with recommended settings for my base?
    I did raise FX to 50 and LFB to 25 but still unsure what is supposed to be feeling compared to default FFB?

13. Kuku Maddog

Things have moved on from original custom files recently.
    and this is a totally different system to default nowadays.
    damper isn’t damper anymore for example.

Try settings of say 70/50/50/50 and see what it’s like . i don’t know the best range for your wheel. but that should feel a good base.
    it won’t feel like default so try to clear your senses lol. , its so much better

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, i noticed the engine vibration....that needs to go straight away. Once i figure out how to remove that it will be better, then to as you say, clear my mind! Not the easiest thing to do when you are as big brained as i am :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Turn fx down or if that makes curbs etc to small you can turn down engine scale in file . it’s default 0.7. i tend to reduce it a couple.

16. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As Kuku says, I suggest starting at 70/50/50/50.

LFB and FX are pretty key in these files, so setting them to 0 isn’t really advantages. Also be aware that damper = power steering effect. Higher value = less peak force in corners.

17. tpw

Appreciate the quick reply mate. I tried your suggestions but neither make much of a difference at my end. CP spring does nothing whatsoever, power steering makes the mid wheel notch more rubbery and less clunky, but still noticeable. The sort of thing that you can't unnotice once it's there.

I only bring this up because when I started using Silverlight in December last year it had a pronounced clunk, which Karsten acknowledged and tuned out for version 21. I understand that the system has developed immensely since then , but if there's a setting in the file itself which might help I'm all ears.

Thanks again for your part in this amazing system.

18. Kuku Maddog

i can’t think of anything but lower centre feel and or slightly higher center relax .

your gain setting is quite high for a reasonably powerful wheel. maybe it’s better for you to lower gain to 60 in game and increase overall gain in cp if you love a heavy wheel.

19. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Since we are in the red zone here in Italy, today and tomorrow, I have enough time to try the new file.

lately I'm having fun with the H gearbox, the Logitech gearbox is not the best but I am having fun anyway :D

Happy Easter everyone!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Thx for sharing!
    Little question:
    do you have a brake ( vibration) feeling?
    I'm searching this feel from the g27: helps a lot, in my opinion, to feel better the car
    Wich values I may have to tweak to reach that feeling?
    Thx in advance!

• Friendly Friendly x 1