1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Do you mean on understeer or any braking should make it vibrate?
    The effect is simple to add, but there is already a brake effect so it tightens the steering on braking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

You might need to spend a little time adjusting Fx and Lfb.
    Fx prob around 30% for a csw, I think.
    Lfb will vary by car and how you want it feeling at center.

Reg. the engine I'm curious why some people prefer it off? It is only there at low speeds and linearly fades away up to around 80kmh or so.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try this last experimental Easter file of Karsten tuned by me
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/atta...y-stakanov-for-g920-also-g29-27-25-txt.13752/

Yes i feel ... but If you don't feel the brake vibration you can up this line:
    (brake_feel 1.4) #How much the brake are felt. (try 1.5 or 1.6....).

Alternatively, you may unintentionally refer to the work that the front end is under stress ... in this case try to modify this line:
    (front_drive_torque_feel 0.8) #How much the front drive torque are felt. (try 0.9 or 1.0....).

;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I have a buttkicker that i can have engine vibration through but prefer it off for that also, i don't know, i just don't ever really feel engine vibrations through the wheel or seat in any real cars i own or have owned or driven, maybe the old v8's like my old Falcon but it has never been something i find informative for sim racing either. I only want information i can use transferred to me for sim racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stakanov

Hey @Kuku Maddog ... you are right in saying that all 3 resistors are well tuned to the default values, if you then use low LFBs and also do not use titghing it is normal that you do not have clipping problems, also consider that the T300 has other strengths, and please consider (if I am not mistaken and if I have not misread in your previous posts) that if you have made changes to your steering wheel then the ranges are also different from an original T300 ... ;)

We come to the logitechs, having only 2.5Nm, they need to use LFB of at least 40 but better 50, the new damping (power stering) is beautiful but quite challenging, to tighten the center it is preferable to use the titghing, to homogenize even more. plus the center, even the centering voices (from Karsten's file) go high .... in this condition, lowering the static force of the cars even to 0.20 does not prevent me from clipping .... the only solution was to reduce the 3 resistances of Hi DF cars ... and since they are well tuned they should not be reshaped or squared but only reduced all 3 equally by an identical percentage ... I found the balance with a reduction of exactly 30% leaving the 3 timings unchanged.

But no one is wrong, I find it correct not to change starting from other values and with other forces at play!! ;)

6. bart1969

bart1969 New Member

The file named ffb_custom_settings.txt slows down the car on my system. The racing system I use is simucube osw DD1. I turned off the electricity to see if the reason was simucube osw. Gesture control just like keyboard without ffb power. In both cases, ffb_custom_settings.txt is the cause of the slowdown. I tested dallara f309 and mclaren f1 gtr cars. The result is slowing down in any case.
    the car can reach full speed on the longest straight. but the overall speed average is very low

7. Karsten Hvidberg

This really sounds highly unlikely. How do you know it to be the case?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Well this file certainly fills up the middle.. Nice work man. I think I'm 65 60 35 40.

I may even drop a bit of gain yet though or up the dampening.

Great file for g27, thanks Stakanov

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Hi @Stakanov I tried the new file this afternoon,
    and it's very, very good, but I hear less feedback when I step on the curbs. In the previous file there was a good feeling of the friction of the rubber on the curb. It obviously feels better on some cars and less on some. I did the tests on the Nurburgring 24h with soft tires (Except 911 Cup, hard rubber).

The Porsche 911 Cup 3.8 is the one that left me speechless, excellent response, perfect!

Excellent GT3 and Procar M1

The Porsche 962c (Group C) and Mercedes CLK (GT1) had good asphalt sensations and less on the curbs, a sensation totally absent.

I used your values, that is; 65,50,55,55 for all categories.
    the File, however, is gorgeous! I will continue to test other cars tonight and on other tracks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Stakanov

You are right, the LFB high help for Car specifics ... but, for the setting game that is good for all major Car, the best is lift up the new Damping and go down a little with the LFB (for me of course) ... for the gain remember that you can use the per-car gain in setting car ;)

It’s all subjective no one is perfect or right ... then is ok ... thanks for feedback ;)

11. Stakanov

No problem...:whistle: modify to your taste this 2 line:
    (kerbs_surface_scale 3.0) #How much the curb surface on the track are felt.
    (Try up to 3.1 or 3.2 for major surface curbs)

AND/OR THIS

(kerb_bump_scale 3.2) #How big the tall curb bumps are.
    (Try up to 3.3 or 3.4 for major tall curbs)

Thanks mate... :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Great! I'll try tonight .. thanks to you!;)

13. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to thank everybody who put time into improving custom FFB. Today I decided to go from the default FFB to the custom FFB (Rfuktor 3.1). It was a piece of cake. I couldn't feel a big difference at first. When I did a MP race and I didn't spin (which is rare for me :) ) I was convinced that this is better. It was easier to react in time to catch the car while sliding. and I also improved my laptime.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if there’s some soft clipping that can be added for Logitech, or maybe having increased master rack combined with lower gain might bring the low to middle force up but have lower peak force due to lower gain.
    Also velocity scale may play a part ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Stakanov

I'll try ... it's an approach that might be interesting. ;)

16. Kuku Maddog

If I interpret what Bart is saying right, running with a free wheel with no ffb seems faster ?
    Well this isn’t something unheard of, it’s been said before that some aliens run no ffb as that means physics and there limitations aren’t a factor to work against you.;)

17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Outstanding! Very nice effort... Much tighter around the center. Nice and detailed with the roadbuzz. Works well with a t300.

Thanks guys!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Hello, just wondering if there is a Silver Raw recommendation for Thrustmaster TX. I'm currently using the recommended Heavy Messing 2.5 from Jan. 21

19. Kuku Maddog

You can try my only slightly adjusted Easter special rfuktor tune, it’s in my signature and my settings are noted in file.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I will give it a try, thank you.