1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It will be added to the Automobilista Franchise with the Eddie Jordan Experience Expansion DLC.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

sweeeet I hope to see the 191 & 199 too..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Coanda

oh but we can.. Don't let the f@#kers win or furthermore breed.. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure Reia could, but since they are small studio they need every penny. Ah well. You really need balls to come up with your own game or whatever medium. PoE had a lovely funny poem in the game. SJW's came and cancelled the devs. they had to change the poem. Twitter/Soial media has so much power over people and such due cancel-culture, etc. Keep in mind most are bots tho. like 90%

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the crude language. That is what I meant. They design the tires with all their properties and can easily have the tire model run alone and produce its output for a given set a parameters variations, so they can see what the numbers and the parametric curves look like. They don't need telemetry from the game to tell them if/how the tire performance has changed and I don't think they do things blindly changing the construction implementing it in their betas (or should we call them alphas?) and checking if it's nice.
    Different matter is appraising how all of those variations will work with the rest of the car model, but that is again another subject.
    Paceijka is a different thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Now you all know that I don't have the game. But here is what I mean with that floaty feeling. And I am not talking about ffb or that.
    . If you look at it to me I don't like what I am seeing here. The car to me looks like it is floating on the surface and the handling of the car also looks kinda floaty to me. Also, the bounciness is not nice (and I see that in almost every video, only not in some VR videos or with some motion rigs). I am afraid that I could not set the camera right. Can you set it more like ACC?
    So I would ask if you also see that floaty feeling, or am I super sensitive for it. Has it something to do with the soft suspension? That reaction of the car in combination with that floaty feeling (what I see). Doesn't that bother someone? I had the same in the Porsche in Project Cars 2 and I hated that.
    And to be clear I don't see it in every car in AMS2. I am just curious if I am super sensitive to that.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yes. MX-5 is inevitable.

I get that you two really like grid girls (and that's fine), but could you restrain yourselves and not start a populist political campaign on this forum? Try that one that rhymes with Fake Apartment :D. Otherwise people with counter arguments including me might want to jump in and... yeah that can be done elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I’m sorry buddy, I know you have legit concerns and aren’t just hating, but you popping up every few pages - to say essentially the same thing, having not played the game - is really starting to wear a bit thin now. Several people have addressed your issues as best they can, but it feels like going in circles a bit with you. I think we all sympathise and appreciate you’re not in a position to get a wheel and play AMS2, but until you are, I’d probably lay off the repetitive posting just a little.

Edit: meant to be a reply to Split Second.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Ok. I was just assessing if I would buy it or not. No problem to dislike me.
    So I was curious if others felt the same. But guess not. Then this will be my last post in a long time. And I will see if it will develop into something I would buy a wheel for.
    I have heard your message. So enjoy the sim everyone. And maybe till the future.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

Buy, if dont like, you can refund within 2 hours of gameplay.

11. oez

Sometimes it's best to face your troubles head on. May I suggest buying one of these instead?

[​IMG]

No mate seriously, it may look that way, but the FFB genuinely (at least with my CSW) adds a feeling of grip and connection that counters the stabilised camera. And yeah you can tinker with the camera to a small extent, but I don't think any setting will make it like ACC. Which by the way looks - and more importantly feels - floaty to me. So I'm not oblivious to what you're talking about, but I think the feeling part is important.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Eventhough your question is not the most ignorant here I will use it as an example of what a waste it often is to use time to explain something very basic to people who cant even follow a link and read (or understand) a graph which compare the grip of two different setups.:rolleyes:
    In an objective way.

In my link above the graph does show which of the setup(changes) are better gripwise than the other.
    At least if you want to optimise grip and get better laptimes.:p
    For those obvious few people here who know something about optimising car setups - then relating this urgent process to objective values instead of pure car feelings is completely basic.
    Or at least so basic that its laughable that people who consider themselves as experienced sim drivers either dont understand this - or maybe refuse to admit it because of some - yeah what?
    Misunderstood pride maybe? :p:p
    Because they are not able to do or calculate such a thing themselves:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: But instead of this exhibition of common local ignorance :D I will rather take the evaluation from some of iRacings pro drivers and devs as a more valuable cadeau - from someone who know a few things better about what is urgent and what is not simwise.;)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

This is the best evidence yet that you don’t have any understanding of the feel of the sim due to never ever playing it.

I watched that vid and i could actually tell what was being felt by muscle memory.
    and it was like being at the wheel.

The sensation of being attached to the track is strong and nothing at all like you continue to spout about.
    There wasn’t much bounce either and I can totally feel the balance by just having that muscle memory even just watching someone else doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Coanda

I prefer a little comedy and good vibes which is something lacking around here at times..

Unbutton your top button and live a little you just might enjoy it..

However since you asked nicely the answer is yes, no and maybe. I'll just continue to be me if that's alright with you..

Move on pal ;)

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Edited post. Was trying to be funny, didn’t want to offend anyone.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. oez

I like comedy and good vibes too. That’s why I pointed that out. It’s a shared vibe. But yeah I think we can move on.

I do apologise for asking you to go to Race Department. That was uncalled for. Nobody should be subjected to that.

;)

I agree, it’s getting a bit boring. Let me steer it a bit.

So, what’s the deal with the floaty feeling? Ah no wait.

I tried the F-Vintage Gen 2 last night after a very long time. The Lotus with wings. It feels really nice.

But then I noticed that the sound doesn’t over rev. And when I over revved the thing on purpose the car got stuck and started vibrating. RPM gauge was going nuts.

17. Coanda

relax matey it's all good.. :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I find both F-Retro Gen2Series cars too oversteery (even with the slightest gas pedal press). Do y guys feel the same?

19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’ve been watching some videos of your mums baking and feel that it’s lacking in flavour and texture

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oez

Hello flavourboy79. Can you stay away from my mums comment section? Thank you.

• Funny Funny x 1