1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedal config problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Gary Duddell, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Gary Duddell

Gary Duddell New Member

I used to have no problems with this game for the first 6 months after release but then had to stop before moving house. Now I have a proper sim rig setup and everything mounted I can no longer get this game to configure properly.

I have run today ACC, AC, RR & RF2 and could re-config wheel/pedals and within a minute all games running fine, this makes think it is not the wheel or pedals. I have spent about 2 hours on Automobilista 2 and cannot make it driveable anymore.

Firstly I have a Fanatec V2.5 WB with V3 Fanatec pedals. Everytime I go out to drive I have either no throttle/brake if I configure them as combined or if separated the throttle is stuck on heavily, even when braking, so have to brake way in advance and can almost not come to a complete stop.

I have bound the throttle, brake and clutch and they took OK, when I calibrate the pedals they each show 0 and then when I push them down one at a time the correct ones show 100 then back to 0 when I let off. I do save at the end of doing all three.

I have tried the combined setting with the pedals and still no joy.

So either I have no throttle and brake or constant throttle even when braking. I have no issues with the pedals in the 4 games mentioned above and when I use the Fanatec Wheel Properties in Windows 10 all is good and everything responds when I use it.

I have run out of ideas and it is far too late to refund the game, which I don't want to do, if anyone has any suggestions please.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey!

I have the same driving hardware here and don't experience this problem.
    Have you tried to rename your "Automobilista2" folder in the Documents folder and started with a fresh profile for a test?

Is your pedal set directly connected to your PC via USB or connected to your wheelbase?

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey Gary - sorry to hear these issues.
    This will probably not help you but most(all?) Thrustmaster users have an issue caused by Thrustmasters auto calibr thing.
    Yeah I know your pedals are not Thr.. - but every time Windows starts up the pedal stroke (length) Is by Thr autoCalibr set to about half length.
    Which means that you cannot feel thr/br is working - before you either outside in Windows or inside the game initially press the thr/br FULLY down.
    Just an idea.:rolleyes:

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have problems with my wheel and pedals.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im awfully glad to hear that :p

ByTheWay: