1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pAMS2Spotter (p stands for Perfect)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Apr 7, 2021.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

hum, just my 2 cents...why not working together on this?
    This way CC would gain a new feature and the .dll would be checked and proved to be clean...
    Btw, I don't want to play the devil's advocate role but I think prejudice is a bad thing like cheating...are 2 things to avoid in general :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

I think there is value in 'cheating' that is often overlooked when it's done openly like Masterlooser does it. Now, personal entertainment and the challenge being top priorities ofcourse... I see it a little different:

Cheating rather than being understood solely in terms of ethics, has a metacommunicative function: they call attention, by refusing to conform, to the frame of the game. By performing cheating openly, it initiates a metaconversation about gameplay as well as about friendship. From 'Gaming the Stage' -Gina Bloom

One can argue motorsport was build on cheaters btw
    It always reminds me of how cigarettes were 'accidentally' dropped in the cylinder :cool:

I find it funny that ppl dismiss him and his ideas so fast. I mean the man is clearly passionate/talented pulling these sort of stunts overnight + I know for a fact he is a great racing driver. I mean we get punted on a daily basis but when he does it the sim racing world is on fire ‍♂️

It would be nice to see it implemented in Crew Chief indeed...it would give MasterLooser some credibility and a nice improvement for Crew Chief.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

ML has a reputation, true. But you have to admit some of the content is really funny :) I mean .... he introduced something Kunos hasnt managed to do in years, the ACC pace car! And you cant deny he has "coding" skills.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I guess you never met him online, during the only hour you can race at evening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Cheating is fine if you do it in your own time versus AI, but going into lobby's and ruining the fun for others isn't and Masterlooser did that a couple of times. Its great to find 'exploits' and report it to the devs, but using to mock others in online race.. no. Anyway GL HF with your Spotter that's better than CC.. in 1 day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i feel like alot of sarcasm has gone into this comment, i just dont know why, mine is specifically targeting 1 single game whereas CC is targeting like 10 different games, and this game is pretty unexplored, CC isnt ****, its just a very basic approach compared to the way mine works.

it actually only took 3 hours for me to find what i needed and setting up the project, the rest of the time went into setting up a few options and understanding how wav's work

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Well I tried to bite my lip but some of the comments here are a total disgrace defending the indefensible.

Firstly, I have seen this individual type gg and nice battle with ppl online after a race as if it was a fair fight while all the time cheating in the race. The cheating I can almost let slide, but the deceit is what I take issue with. Also on this forum, after confronting him that I suspected Toniware and Masterlooser were one and the same he would not admit it and revelled in people critical of my accusation. Again typical of someone who has as much integrity as one would expect from a cheat and hacker.

So he did not 'openly' cheat and did not make people on the public server aware he had cheats enabled, and frankly anyone who tries to defend his behaviour or allow him on their servers or league has zero credibility to me. How could you ever trust someone who has repeatably displayed utter contempt towards any game he has hacked?

I also pointed out prior that it was probable he was selling cheats and now he stated, "and why tf would i give out cheats for free", implying he only sells cheats. I'm sure he will try to squirm out of that one like a turd in a plastic bag.

Oh and one of the definitions of prejudice is:
    preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

My opinion of him is based on actual experience which seems to be either childish goading or disruption like a little spoilt child - which is rather sad. I repeat, I only posted this for some of the comments trying to justify his behaviour (as I know he will revel and gloat with the attention) but I have to say going by some of the comments that some people appear to have no f'ing moral compass!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

Gee, I know he likes to drive but dayum..every night he ****s ur race over? xD

What we all think of him is besides the point tho. It is what it is a wise man once said.
    I would be careful with claiming to have a 'just' moral compass.

From my perspective this a great idea to improve on a spotter calling out when a car is actually besides you. End of story.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Moneypizzle I didn't claim to have a 'just' moral compass but an inkling of one from yourself would be adequate but alas when you say ,"I think there is value in 'cheating' that is often overlooked when it's done openly like Masterlooser does it.." I won't hold my breath. That is a blatant lie and shows either you are being disingenuous at best or you are lying trying to defend the indefensible.

Also what is with you and your wise man phrase and quotes? Here's one a wise man whispered to me from his deathbed for you:
    Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

So what do you claim? That I'm a liar, and the rest of us have no f'ing moral compass right? xD

So I like quotes for it explains things in a simple manner.
    Look, I don't need to convince you of my perspective on things.
    You have your beliefs and I have mine. And that's fine.
    I guess maybe the difference is that I respect yours.

I don't care, what you care, I just give, what you receive! -Ol' Dirty Bastard

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

If AMS2 is to be known for being able to cheat it will kill the game. Even leagues won't be able to run their races. Testing stuff and reporting it to developers is great but once it's used online it is cheating.

And it will kill the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

Well, it is known in ACC you are able to cheat. Same for AMS2 and any other racing game.
    Still didn't kill those games... neither COD is ded

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

So typing out walls of text will achieve what exactly?

Anyway, you cant stop those who want to cheat, ML has cheats even for ams2 there is no question about that. But that doesnt mean he isnt able to race without them, suddenly everything he does is wrong. And people crying they only have 1 hr at night to have a race and he ruins it for them? ... your life must be pretty miserable if this is what p1sses you off.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. DaVeX

Cheats are there since rF1 days and there always been for every sim (AC, ACC, etc) and some online tools where developed to prevent cheaters during online races (Google for them I am on mobile right now, sorry), just saying.

16. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

hey guys, i appriciate all the replies, helped me alot to advance the tool to the next level.
    anyhow i know the title was a bit misleading and could be interpreted in many different ways.
    as a little clearification:
    this thread isnt about your sensitive feelings, your fragile egos or how much u like/dislike me.

and quite frankly i dont care about either of those.

the new voice samples are already being worked on and should hopefully be done by tonight or tomorrow morning.
    crossplatform/update is also in the works and seems to work pretty good (tested between ams2 and pcars2), should come in one of the next updates.
    havent really found a way to decrease the amonut of false callouts yet, still working on that tho.

noticed something else? let me know :)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DaVeX

Cheats are there since rF1 days and there always been for every sim (AC, ACC, etc) and some online tools where developed to prevent cheaters during online races (Google for them I am on mobile right now, sorry), just saying.

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, how about keeping the discussion on topic? :p
    Now, that it's proven, his tool is fine, there is no reason to derail this one any further.

If you want to discuss cheating/exploit hunting in racing simulations, maybe even discuss (in a civilized manner!!) with @toniware himself, what exactly the fascination is, behind the whole deal or why it could also ruin one others day, then please open a dedicated thread to not spam the discussion/update-flow about the tool.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Honest question, how do you cheat in racing Sims? I've never seen cheating, does the player get super speed or something?

20. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

Bro, do you read? xD

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Lots of crap through this thread and for my mental health I chose to skip most comments x{

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1