1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    File feels good to me, maybe a fraction tighter.
    I’ve reduced accel and decel feel scales by a couple of clicks for now.

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ok, if you post the exact file I will include that instead.

3. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Just FYI, the default FFB file feels way better than the Easter one for me in any of the karts.

But it doesn't matter--use whatever makes you (and your equipment) most effective.

5. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Marc,

I'm curious to hear what makes it so for you?
    Also, which EasterFuktor version & in-game settings did you use?

Cheers,

-Karsten

6. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

InGame settings:
    80 Gain
    80 LFB (Even though I have a CSL, I think the FFB without LFB feels too weak in the center of the rotation)
    50 FX
    0 Damping (Damping feels like a bungie cord even on lower values)

Wheel Settings (CSL Elite with the McLaren GT3 v1):
    100 FFB
    -3 DRIFT
    50 FEI (more and the FFB starts rattling and notching)
    120 Force
    100 Spring
    100 Damper

Overal FFB feels great, I think it could do with a bit more oversteer feedback but what I miss most in comparison to other sims is the rumble when driving over kerbs.
    I race in VR and driving ove kerbs and not feeling them through the wheel really messes up the immersion.

I think my next upgrade will be a buttkicker type of system so I get feedback from different parts of the car. I think this might be just as valuable information as what you get through the wheel, cause when driving a irl race car on track you rely a lot on feedback through the cars chassis.

7. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can’t see anything obvious in your settings that would cause kerbs to be muted... except maybe maybe FEI, but you said you don’t like it higher (mine is at 90 btw). I guess this could be linked to having a high Force setting maybe?

A couple of things to mention (not directly related to kerbs, but may be of interest):

-When using the rFuktor files damping slider in-game is used for power steering (higher setting = more power steering effect).

-Have you tried a positive drift value? (I use +2). To me it feels much nicer than negative numbers.

-Karsten’s latest .zip file a few posts back contains a tweaked CSL file. I really like it.

-You could try editing the kerb scale in the file (use Notepad or similar and just increase the value).

-Buttkickers etc are awesome! You’re right, they do provide another signal that helps with overall perception of movement.

8. Karsten Hvidberg

@Kevin del Campo
    I've never used a CSL wheel base, unfortunately, so I am not familiar with the fanatec settings, but if there are any of those "natural" filters, like damping, inertia etc, then I would think it is important to experiment with them, possibly completely disable them.
    As @Ray Sheppard is saying, the file itself outputs kerbs and kerb surface details, so it seems like something outside of the game causing you to lose them somehow, unf...

9. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Karsten Hvidberg I must say I really like your latest "Silver Raw - EasterFuktor - Momentum Rack 6.1" (April 3 2021) custom FFB file. Feels excellent on my one month old Simucube 2 Sport wheelbase combined with the Ascher Racing F28-SC V2 sim racing wheel I just received yesterday.:cool:

To prove how good your latest EasterFuktor custom FFB file really is, here's a few screenshots from my new WR lap time I just did earlier today in AMS2 Time Trial mode on Brands Hatch GP. ;)

I have also uploaded screenshots from my AMS2 in-game FFB settings and also my settings in Simucube True Drive software (just scroll to the bottom of this message if you wish to see them).

EDIT: Hang on, got issues linking the screenshots here... screenshots will be here in a moment.

EDIT2: For some reason this forum does not allow me to link the screenshots directly so here's the direct links so people visiting here can view the screenshots:

New WR (broke my old WR by two tenths of a second that has been up there since 1st of August 2020) ;)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/r5y37qhcso...hatch_gp_tumi_world_record_09-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/vl1mxljlln...ch_gp_tumi_personal_record_09-04-21.png?raw=1

Wheel settings (from both AMS2 in-game and Simucube 2 True Drive software):

http://www.dropbox.com/s/saptjhrqfv..._world_record_09-04-21_ffb_settings.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ofcaukn0fo..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_1.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/brslgsmene..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_2.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/p5xfgfr41h..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_3.png?raw=1

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Kevin del Campo, i just re-checked my wheel settings. I have damper set to 'off'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Wow tUMi! Nice going! I am embarrassed to have to admit my own driving skills are poor, simply bc. of lack of spare time(aside from additional poor general driving skills of course) for actually racing...
    Even so, I'm considering buying yet another wheel rim, formula style, to have it be both quicker & have more detailed feeling to it. My current is a quite heavy cube controls GT style thing, which feels nice and all, but has more of a real-big-car feeling to it, I imagine :)

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, please let me know the exact changes, so I can modify before posting the zip file.

13. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thanks, Karsten! :)

My racing pace is not that good, to be honest. My lap times while racing against AI (or humans) are all over the place. :p But with unlimited attempts and enough time to spare I can still do quite decent lap times when hotlapping (which I do most of the time anyway when I'm spending my time in a sim racing world).

I definitely recommend you to get yourself one of the formula style wheel rims made by Ascher Racing. They're not cheap, I know. Definitely worth their price if you ask me, though. I just love my new Ascher F28-SC wheel rim, the V2 version of that wheel rim was only recently released and it replaces the old V1. For opel wheelers and GT cars it beats the hell out of my round 300 millimeter diameter OMP leather coated wheel rim with Ascher B16L-SC button plate. The weight, the stiffness and overall feel of the Ascher F28-SC V2 wheel rim is just right and the FFB feels reborn, the feel is just so detailed. :) You want formula style wheel rim to use with your Simucube 2, get one from Ascher Racing! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kuku Maddog

Ok , I think i was working with wrong file lol,
    So tried direct from zip file again.
    Have made a couple of small adjustments aimed at managing power oversteer.
    you could argue its towards being less immersive, but just trying to find that balance. and help make the cars i less enjoy more enjoyable.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Kuku Maddog

17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Karsten Hvidberg et al

Just downloaded your latest 3.3 for a spin. It think there's been more than minor tweaks to it, the FFB has basically gone very light for all the vehicles I've tried it with.
    Me taking the same corner at Ibarra in the GrpA Merc:

EasterFuktor:
    upload_2021-4-10_12-26-11.png

Rfuktor3.3
    upload_2021-4-10_12-25-42.png

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Kuku Maddog

Yes its about 25% lighter or more, and increasing gain isnt really making much change, I wonder if there's a typo somewhere as its like the file is being soft clipped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pedro Nery

Pedro Nery New Member

---------- RECOMMENDATIONS CSL ELITE/CSW 2.5 ----------------------------

---------- Modded and preferred by @Ray Sheppard ----------
    DATE: 03-14-21
    In-game values: 73/45/55, power-steering ~50(I change this between cars)._

________________________________________________________________________________

The ingame values refer to which settings?

is the power steering the 50 GAIN?

20. Kuku Maddog

power steering replaces damper slider