1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Thanks for the settings, helped me figure out some of these SC4 settings which I was afraid to touch in the first place. Here are my settings for what its worth, I found a good balance for dry and wet weather, found with some settings I felt nothing in the wet.

Enable auto cloud
    Device Settings:
    3 - Default
    Overall Intensity 100%
    Overall Smoothing 0.78%
    Stop Spring 6%
    Stop Dampener 0%
    Degrees of Rot 900

Effects:
    GFF 90%
    GFF Smoothing 8.24%
    Road Bumps 5%
    Engine RPM 15.14%
    Stat Oscillation Control 90%
    Order in SC4 matters, turn the other effects off especially Rear Trac Loss.

In Game (All deadzone/Damping 0 with LC pedals configured via pedal software; min shift time 0 for Man Seq):
    Gain 45 (adjust per car in setup)
    LFB 0
    FX 0

For certain cars, adding a bit of LFB helps. For example for Ginetta G40 Cup car, I use 10% LFB.

Cheers,

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With AMS2 now 1 year old the FFB physics is almost stable I believe so we should be good for an update that will be useful for some time.
    In game is simply gain 35 or adjust any particular car using the per car gain setting. Everything else set to zero.
    SC4 has only a few basic settings left on. Dampening , Friction and Inertia all turned off.
    As I don't have a motion rig rear traction loss makes no difference to my feel so I don't use it.
    I use 540 deg of rotation. Game control set up calibrates DOR perfectly with the chosen DOR.
    Road bumps come straight from the game no additional set to come from SC4.
    Engine RPM not a feeling I go for and can come straight from the game if desired.
    Cloud tuning says it matches some cars but no changes ever seem to happen for me.
    upload_2021-4-4_21-57-43.png upload_2021-4-4_22-1-49.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Plenum

Plenum New Member

Thanks for these settings, these feel great! Although does Engine RPM actually work? I feel no difference with it on or off.

4. Magus

Magus Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you guys, I've been struggling with this game for a while and the cars just felt far too 'slidey'. I gave up on it till I came across this thread and saw the posts about dropping rear traction loss from SC. FFB feels pretty damn good now using a combination of your settings and my own. Looking forward to getting into this game now!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  5. Wayne Whitmore

@Plenum yes RPM does work with either SC4 setting or the in game setting FX setting.

6. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Rev the engine in N parked, you'll feel it.

7. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know what to try any more, I can't get the nice feeling I had a few months back when you could feel the rubberyness of the tyres especially under high forces, that and the overall feel was the best I've ever had from anything. Since I seem to be going backwards, don't know if there is something wrong with my wheel or the game or me but it always now just feels vague and I have no idea what the car is doing beneath me. I've done the delete folder recalibrate the wheel and all of that and tried the settings within SC4 per above to no avail. I know it is possible and I really don't know what you guys in this thread are feeling that I am not with your suggested settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Freeway

Freeway Member

See AMS2 Camaro SS now Brilliant in SimXp forums. Sim Commander Software --> Game Support for alternative settings.

9. Katch922

Katch922 Member

I updated my settings up top, try those, and also try Lat-G at 10% (reduce to 5% if too much). Hope it helps, FFB can be a pain to tune.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Magus

I agree with @Katch922 you need some Lateral force to feel the high speed/high downforce situations. Also make sure rear traction is not on your effects as that really makes the cars feel completely different.

11. neal

thanks for the suggestions guys, hopefully I'll have a chance to try them out this afternoon. For me the last really excellent FFB was at the time the Group C cars were first released as Beta content. It really was far better than anything, anything prior to that point, on any sim.

12. Katch922

Katch922 Member

hey all, these are the new settings I'm trying out. Improvement or worse?

Attached Files:

13. Magus

I would take rear traction control out of the equation completely and add lateral G around 10-20%.

The rear traction completely transforms the feel of the cars to something akin to ridgeracer and not what you want. The Lateral G lets you feel the resistance in cornering or high dowwnforce situations.

FInally, on the stationary Oscillation I found that at times after passing the start/finish the wheel would do a hard/sharp pull to the left or right for no reason. With it out of the equation, I no longer have this weird effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wayne Whitmore

@Magus the sharp pull when crossing the start finish line is the SC4 telemetry marking the lap telemetry file. Turn off SC4 telemetry to get rid of the sharp pull.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

I'm not the most patient person for trying several wheel settings, but indeed it makes a great impact on your overall game experience.

I've tried both Wayne's and Katch922's settings and I think that a mix of both worked the best for me.

If you use Sim Commander settings from Katch922 (The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread) with Wayne's in game FFB settings (mainly gain at 35 and everything else set to 0) I almost get to a AMS1-like feeling - and this is great, IMO.

I definitely recommend trying this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wayne Whitmore

@neal you might need to check that the SC4 software is properly loading you game profile. I have to launch the game twice in the SC4 software to get the profile to load properly. The first time I click launch the game loads and takes me to the game but the SC4 profile does not load. I ALT TAB out of the game and check the SC4 window. The two gear icons show that no file has been loaded. When properly loaded it changes to say "current profile settings". I have to click launch again for the profile to load. Then click on the current profile settings tab to check the correct profile has been loaded.
    upload_2021-4-26_10-30-27.png
    upload_2021-4-26_10-25-14.png

This is what shows after the second time I click launch. First message is attaching to already running game . upload_2021-4-26_10-29-10.png

This is what shows after clicking the current profile settings tab. Correct game profile now loaded.
    upload_2021-4-26_10-28-31.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  17. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Thanks for the feedback, I just made some more changes, let me know if that feels good. My favorite so far is RTL/Lat G disabled with the settings I posted, but I did try RTL+Lat G together. I find the high road effect in SC4 gives nice feedback in Dry and Wet. And after the comments, I did try in game "other" ffb settings at 0, and I do like that more.

Dropped Road Bumps to 25%
    Set Low Level Boost to 10

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Here are my final settings until AMS2 ffb drastically changes. Hope it helps some, and again do not be afraid to adjust "gain" from car to car in the vehicle setup menu.

I think the FX option kind of gives that same feeling as Rear trac loss, so I set that to 0. And imo low boost in game kind of gives that same Lat G effect. So I chose to use 10 low boost instead of Lat G in SC4.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  19. neal

Thanks for the suggestions @Wayne Whitmore, I'll try and give them a go sometime this week. Haven't been able to give AMS2 much attention lately.

20. Katch922

Katch922 Member

• Like Like x 1