1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISI partnership with Luminis, will Reiza next sim benefit from it somehow?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Will Mazeo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What I personally would need to see to ever be interested again:
    • Re-build trust and community relations, i.e. ISI totally out, especially Tim Wheatley
      • This is one of Reiza's strongest points and an absolute deal killer for Luminis
      • I was amazed to see Race Department interviewing Tim Wheatley about Luminis
      • If that interview was sanctioned by Luminis, they're already doomed
    • Make the software easy to use vs wanting to kill myself because every time I want to do something it means hours of file manipulation and testing.
    • Take ownership of the quality of the experience. Don't expect me to live in files and spend my life testing and fixing obvious bugs. Build a checklist for crying out loud. Fix bugs immediately. Don't build more content when existing content is broken and not even on latest tire model. That's simply retarded.
    • Replace modding (and retarded MP ghost town business model) with full-series DLC.
      • And don't release anything unless all known bugs are fixed
        • Or at least be up front enough to define what is crap/beta and what is fully working to the best of your ability. Use community beta testers all you want but call it beta (which means feature complete, by the way) or alpha or whatever it is. But I'll hammer you if you tell me something is ready but it's not.
    That's enough. I really don't need to be involved in this discussion. Brings out every negative experience I've had with sim racing SW, companies and community. Reiza simply could not be any more opposite from ISI. If Luminis doesn't head that direction and quickly, they're doomed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some people have a strange hate for Tim Wheatley, poor guy, they don't even understand most of questions there is sent to his boss and he just send the answer back to the person doing the interview lol
    I guess he is paid to take the stones hahaha :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I always felt sorry for Tim. It seems the guys behind the scenes never kept their promises and he always ended up carrying the can for it. I hope the rF2 crowd realises that they need to buy the DLC for Luminis to keep improving the core sim which is something AC users realised long ago. I will certainly give it another shot when the DX11 update comes out, why not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tim blocked me on Twitter from the official rF2 account after I went on a venting session (without tagging him or the official account) after a particularly frustrating session trying to make something work in rF2. A good front man for that game he was not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

You don't need to tag them, business just search for anything related to their name instead of wait stuff to appear in their mentions.
    If you are going in a vent session gotta be ready to be seen as a troll too depending on what you say.

7. Guilherme Piucco

Guilherme Piucco New Member AMS2 Club Member

I want Reiza and Studio397 to work on the same thing (and I am now sure a lot of people want that as well), but I am not sure this goes against the crowdfunding Reiza did. I'm confused. I guess what I want is rF2+AMS. Maybe AMS as paid DLC for the 'new' rF2? I think wouldn't mind that. And now I'm just rambling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Will Mazeo

Would be nice if this happened, kinda like my idea of making rF2 become a "Steam of simracing" :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Its not going to happen. By this logic GSCE should have been paid DLC for rFactor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

*sigh* nevermind....

11. Guilherme Piucco

Guilherme Piucco New Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't and wouldn't say that, especially since we had the GSCv1->GSCv2 (can't remember the actual version/names) for free, but then GSC-E was basically the same thing but not a free upgrade (not complaining, I didn't excpect even for v2 to be for free).

But they mentioned support for paid DLC in rF2, as mentioned by Tim and Marcel in interviews and/or the Studio397 page, and I was just raising it as an option/idea/possibility. As I said, I'm confused :D

12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I hope Studio-397 can do some magic with rF2 graphic engine...and I hope Reiza will use it for their next sim!!!
    Would be great, we will have night,rain and all the stuff...and for Reiza will be a good choice, the new graphic engine will support all the previous content (moving content from AMS to Reiza17 will be easier) and also all the mods for AMS con be easily moved too.
    This is one can be an option Reiza can benefit for...