1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks, I def. tested on too few cars.
    The problem is in how much veæocity_scale is modified based on gain.
    Taking it down and adjusting, reposting later.

• Like Like x 3
  2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cheers mate, I really appreciate the rapid response :)

3. Karsten Hvidberg

Here's corrected file, I hope.
    Only posting here until you guys call it "ok", so it's somewhat experimental still.

* Less clipping on higher downforce at higher gain settings.
    * Karts adjusted to feel better.
    * Minor change to sensitivity at center.
    * Adjusted feel of grip loss. Slightly sooner, very slightly less pronounced.
    * Yaw adjustment added "yaw_coef", for slightly faster ramp-up of yaw force.

High end file. Compatible with EasterFuktor values.
    (If it's deemed ok, I will update the .zip file with this file & the values as posted by you guys in the files here & from the wip .zip file.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Good work

A quick peak at file before bed, looks like you have reduced relaxation of oversteer and understeer, this is what I had been doing with today’s file, trying to get the information earlier etc at same time as lower force exaggeration.

was yielding good results combined with tightening anyway.

will try to get a run with it tomorrow sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This new file is brutal on my wheelbase, a CSW 2.5. I have had to turn FX down to around 28 to 30 and also dropped master rack, road and effects down a notch (instead of up). Also kerb_surface_scale, as they were very rugged. Wheel still pulls side to side a lot more than your other files. Have tried a few different cars to test. Will keep testing later.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Yeah like I said, higher FEI makes my wheel rattle, so not a huge fan of that. :) Ill try to tune down Force and see what happens. I think I might have turned it up when I just started playing AMS2 because I thought the default ffb was lacking a bit.

Ive tried Drift +2 but to me it feels way to quick to return to center. The speed should be dependent on steering angle and speed (from my understanding), and positive drift feels a bit forced imo.

Already tried editting the kerb values in the file but maybe not enough.
    Still very new to this stuff and definitly still trying to tweak everything so reading through this thread has been awesome...
    Ill have another look at that CSL specific file!

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

It makes sense for fx and road, I forgot I made that linear, so it is higher than before, in general. Will make it somewhere in between for next posting.
    I am not quite sure I understand why it's brutal when it comes to master adjusters, though.

Awaiting more info for adjustments before posting experimental update,

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Quick return to center is bc of high Lfb. Try starting from maybe 10 and only adjust it up gradually.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin del Campo

I havent experimented much with them at all. These are pretty much the settings Ive been using with ACC and I only just found out about these custom FFB files.
    Ill see what happens when I experiment with them.

Ill also see what happens when I turn up the kerb values a bit...

10. Karsten Hvidberg

I think you must be clipping when you don't feel them, so going higher in the file won't help.
    Prob. You need to adjust Lfb far down and also gain down, and then go up from there.

11. Kevin del Campo

Just tried turning down Force and turning up FEI like mentioned before and this fixed the kerb feeling.

After doing this, Ive also tried moving the LFB slider from 10 to 90 and it doesnt seem to change the kerbs...
    It did change the centering force significantly so Ill be running it a log lower from now on.:)

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Right, it makes sense. But high LFB will make your wheel return faster to center & also take a piece of the dynamic range out for the progression of force from low to high, so keep it as low as you can. Basically set it at the lowest where you think it feels ok.
    Btw, the FX slider adjusts both scrub & engine feel, as well as road sensations, including kerb.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By brutal, I mean that there is a lot of forces applied on the wheelbase. The Wheel was very strong in it's side to side movement in a straight line and the kerb surfaces were were very strong. All FX seemed very exaggerated. It was very hard to drive, but by turning everything down, it then became driveable again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, so it should be just lowering the fx slider.
    If that's not the case for anybody, please let me know.

15. easy81

easy81 Member

hello ... tested a few laps. but too many vibrations and little strength in the center. while cornering tires feel much better deformed.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Does lowering the fx slider not bring it back to how it was in EasterFuktor?

• Like Like x 1
  17. easy81

easy81 Member

I have not tried to change it, but I keep it at 25 .... I try to lower it and I tell you;)

18. Karsten Hvidberg

I've found the issue.
    My changes to the coef's combined with changes to relaxations are not good, so the wheel is stronger at all times because of this... will post fix a bit later.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here on Logitech G920 everything seems ok on rFuktor 3.3 ... i changed the usual value with the tuning and just a little low with FX (from 55 to 52-50) ... then micro_bumps mutch down (i use tightening) ... ;)
    Thanks @Karsten Hvidberg to have entered code in the Kart part file that are mutch mutch better and very usefull :)

EDIT: We await the change, take your time .... :)

20. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Karsten Hvidberg First of all, thank you for releasing the "rFuktor 3.3 - Momentum Rack 6.1" custom FFB file.

Coming from the EasterFuktor file, first thing I noticed straight away was that driving on the kerbs felt much stronger with the rFuktor 3.3 file. For me this was only a good thing as I previously felt the kerbs were bit lacking in the EasterFuktor file. Also I noticed that all the FX related effects felt stronger in rFuktor 3.3 file than in the EasterFuktor file. When driving the McLaren MP4/12 I had to turn down the FX setting couple of notches back as the vibrations felt a bit too strong for my taste with that car. But for Formula V12 I used the same FX value as I used in the EasterFuktor file (at 25) as it felt just fine with this car.

My baseline in AMS2 in-game FFB settings is still 37/11/25/20 (Gain/LFB/FX/Damping) so no changes for those values since the EasterFuktor file. For both Formula V12 and the McLaren MP4/12 I used the 85% setting for vehicle specific FFB gain value. These values feels just fantastic with the Formula V12 so rFuktor 3.3 is definitely a keeper for me even it does have it's downfalls. As @easy81 already mentioned, the feel of the tires while cornering has definitely improved with the rFuktor 3.3 file.

I agree with @Michael Enright about the "brutality" of rFuktor 3.3 as I found my obvervations pretty much match with his. Especially with the McLaren MP4/12 the wheel's side to side movement in a straight line is a bit exaggerated, even turning down the AMS2 in-game FFB settings few notches back does not help much with the wheel pulling side to side in a straight line. But as Karsten already mentioned, he has found the issue with the file and will post a fix later so I will test this again later once Karsten has posted his fix first. :)

Anyway, overall I think Karsten has already done a brilliant job with his file. :) To prove how good the rFuktor 3.3 file works when driving at the limit, here's a couple of screenshots of my new WR drive. :cool: It's my very first WR on Nurburgring GP in AMS2 Time Trial mode and it came with a huge 1,4 second margin so I'm proud of it. :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ibrube8jco...gring_gp_tumi_world_record_10-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/cmjcuk2k09...ng_gp_tumi_personal_record_10-04-21.png?raw=1

Wheel/FFB settings (no changes since the EasterFuktor file):

http://www.dropbox.com/s/saptjhrqfv..._world_record_09-04-21_ffb_settings.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ofcaukn0fo..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_1.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/brslgsmene..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_2.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/p5xfgfr41h..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_3.png?raw=1

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. easy81

easy81 Member

question ... but in the TRUE DRIVE settings the DirectInput effect Fine settings are activated in AMS2?