1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I've left my settings for a long time, but I believe AMS2 doesn't use the Direct Input ones at all.

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Here's updated experimental 3.3:

* Fixes too high force of prior iterations to get to final 3.3.
    * Changed relaxation of over-steer, under-steer and yaw. Grouped together and called relax1_... and relax2... Also links to desmos graph for each.
    * Updated Karts further. They're beginning to feel good on my wheel base now.

(Sorry for posting these experimental ones, but my time does not allow enough testing to find all issues myself, so am depending on you all saying "no" or "yes")

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. easy81

easy81 Member

well well well .... I'll explain my first test with your latest fix file. I try the porsche gt1 in sukuza.
    GAIN 36
    LOW 6
    FX 25
    DAMPING 42

TRUE DRIVE
    72%
    BUMPSTOP MEDIUM
    900 °
    The rest 0%

launch lap just out of the pit I said: WOW IT'S PERFECT .... TOO PERFECT

excellent strength, both cornering and straight, great feeling of the curbs and disconnections of the circuit. I was delighted!
    but as soon as I was almost at the end of the launch lap the continuous vibration like a click gear. I go back to the pits and set FX to 0. I get a soft feel in the steering ... I didn't like it. I put FX back to 22 and the SPECTACULAR FFB again .... but this time no gear effect. what do you think it could be? cmq now I can say 100% convinced is the best I've tried of your custom files. thank you very much

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Hehe, you're not the first hating on that "click-click", I even forgot what it was when it happened to me recently.
    But...
    Its just a flat-spot 8)
    I am not sure if I should just disable them, since they're def. not pleasant 8)

5. easy81

easy81 Member

this effect on red?
    Effect scales - Change here to make an effect more or less pronounced.
    #

(engine_scale_at_still 0.7)
    (engine_scale_at_speed 0.0)
    (scrub_scale 0.3)
    (tear_scale 1.8)
    (scrub_frq_scale 1.0)
    (tear_frq_scale 4.0)
    (flatspots_scale 1.2)

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Final rFuktor 3.3 just posted, further improvements based on feedback will be for 3.4.

Karts got some further adjustments so I finally feel good about them.

* Less clipping on higher downforce at higher gain settings.
    * Karts adjusted to feel better.
    * Adjusted feel of grip loss. Slightly sooner, very slightly less pronounced.
    * Changed relaxation of over-steer, under-steer and yaw. Grouped together and called relax1_... and relax2... Also links to desmos graph for each.

High end file only. Compatible with EasterFuktor values.

Direct link: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-silver-raw-rfuktor-3-3-txt.13926/

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Gosh your busy today.
    by the time i get around to having a go you guys should have it all ironed out :cool:

9. Kuku Maddog

Ok @Karsten Hvidberg

I’ve tested the last 3 files and found the last two with the combine relaxers to be lacking in front axle and tire feel, and the wheel is quite slow or has more friction.

the last one poster before them that @tUMi liked is much better in that regard. And apart from the exaggerated bumps , it’s pretty good.

still think I will continue with Easter file for now though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

Does this experimental 3.4 fix the issue?

Attached Files:

11. Kuku Maddog

oh yes it Does :cool:
    Feels awesome, and very similar to my last posted tune, but just a little nicer on the edges, after a direct back to back comparison with no settings changed apart from tightening. ( 0.09 0.02)
    I might reduce micro bumps a little for comfort.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thanks for the final rFuktor 3.3 file. I've tested this final 3.3 file with the Formula V12 and the McLaren MP4/12 and no more that annoyingly excessive wheel pulling side to side on a straight line. It seems you have managed to tame that effect successfully. Other than that, I have no complaints, it is much less brutal now on higher downforce cars. The final version of the rFuktor 3.3 seems to work really well on my wheelbase, feel of grip loss is also very well adjusted. Good work! :)

I have also tested the experimental rFuktor 3.4 file and wow, it's very, very good! On higher downforce cars like Formula V12 and McLaren MP4/12 it definitely feels more refined than the final rFuktor 3.3 file, the feel of grip loss is just spot on. FX related stuff feels now a bit lighter and less distracting (however I can still feel the kerbs just as well I could feel then in rFuktor 3.3), also the wheel pulling side to side on a straight line at higher downforce at high speeds is even better tamed in this experimental rFuktor 3.4 file than it was in the final rFuktor 3.3 file. Very nice work with the experimental rFuktor 3.4 file, Karsten! For me this file is definitely a keeper, I see no reason to go back to the final rFuktor 3.3 file. :)

By the way, your experimental rFuktor 3.4 is mental when driving at the limit. I just managed to take a whopping six tenths of a second off from my yesterday's WR lap time on Nurburgring GP in AMS2 Time Trial (now the difference between my WR and the 2nd best lap time is two seconds). :cool: Screenshots below:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/3vftf2al3n...gring_gp_tumi_world_record_11-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ncmykw2r4w...ng_gp_tumi_personal_record_11-04-21.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, so posted 3.4 with only a minor additional tweak to the Kart velocity limit control compared to the experimental version.

These comments describe the step from 3.3 to 3.4:

* Refined Karts.
    * Refined relaxation values for over-steer, under-steer and yaw.
    * Relaxation values split up in relax_os, relax_us and relax_yaw values. Desmos graph links for each added.

High end file only.

Direct link: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-silver-raw-rfuktor-3-4-txt.13935/

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Ive also been testing the various files these last couple of days and my main "complaint" was the fuzzyness on the edges of the FFB.
    This file feels absolutely spot on, possibly the most informative FFB Ive ever used.
    One thing though is that Ive had to set my Gain and FFB on my wheel base to 100 and it still feels fairly light to me.

Is that something that comes with the settings or am I doing it wrong?

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Kevin,

It's hard to say, but which wheel base and what are all your in-game settings?

16. Kevin del Campo

This is on a CSL Elite running 100-10-50-0 InGame atm.

It feels especially light around the center of the rotation but overall FFB feels way lighter than it did before on 65-80 Gain even.

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Which car?
    That is important when it comes to both LFB setting as well as how much downforce it generates.
    Did you look at the in-game HUD ffb signal and see if it's low there too?
    Additionally, one of the 3.3 experimentals was quite brutal, so if you happen to be comparing against that particular one, then that might also be part of the explanation.

18. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I replaced the 3.4 experimental version in my Documents/Automobilista 2 folder I tested earlier today with this one you posted.

Everything's still good in my end. I'd say this is the best Silver Raw custom FFB file so far I have ever driven with. The feeling I had with this file when I was driving in Time Trial mode with the Formula V12 on Spa-Francorchamps was just fantastic. :) You can propably guess already, what's coming next... ;)

That's right, I did another new WR with a quite large margin (eight tenths of a second)! It seems I'm on the roll this weekend and your new rFuktor files has surely helped my driving a lot with my still fresh wheelbase. :) It's my first time to hold an WR in Spa-Francorchamps. :cool:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/492mxhhnpj...hamps_gp_tumi_world_record_11-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/iocbuhqyg6...ps_gp_tumi_personal_record_11-04-21.png?raw=1

Wheel/FFB settings are still the same as before. They've been unchanged since the EasterFuktor file:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/saptjhrqfv..._world_record_09-04-21_ffb_settings.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ofcaukn0fo..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_1.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/brslgsmene..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_2.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/p5xfgfr41h..._09-04-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_3.png?raw=1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Kevin del Campo

Ive been testing in the McLaren GT3 on the 24H layout of the Nurburgring.
    I havent checked ingame ffb HUD, frankly because I didnt know there was one lol. (Google also didnt give me much after a quick search unfortunately.)
    But Ive been sim racing for over 4 years and tried most of the bigger sims, so Im not basing it on that one file alone :).
    The FFB strength is really quite light even on maxed out settings.
    Even tried raising the FFB for the specific car and it didnt fix it, just made it a little bit heavier over the full range.

I can try upping the LFB as thats the only slider Ive turned down as per your recommendation earlier. But maybe I should turn it up a bit for GT3s...

Ill give it a try and report back.
    Thanks!

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, right, prob. the LFB is too low in your case.
    For fun I guessed at some changes that might go further in your direction and still feels good on my base, so here is an experimental file you can try.
    Forces are slightly higher, so it's easier to take advantage of more of the spectrum(but also easier to go too high and clip). Also adjusted quite a few other things, might be interesting.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1