1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I find it extremely amazing that you're doing the records with up to multi-seconds difference to 2-3-4 that then are within the same sec. Also this one, almost a sec., it's just quite frankly insane. I'm guessing your new wheel base is a large part of that too! :) For myself I can say that a DD might not make an alien any faster, but for the average me it's been much simpler to control the cars in most sims, compared to my old TS-PC.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steve D

Steve D New Member

DD OSW SC1 user and 3.4 is a huge return to form and the best yet in my opinion.

I'd become a little despondent with recent files and felt that whilst there were clear steps forward, there were a fair few backward ones as well, that I either couldn't dial out or, if I did, it compromised something else.

3.4 has just changed all that and ofters wonderful balance and feedback everywhere and especially at the limits of grip, with correction requirements far more intuitive and natural than before.

Absolutely awesome work fellas and unless a future Reiza update changes things, I'm sticking with this one and leaving well alone. (Famous last words :D)

Thank you.

My settings: (McLaren F1 GTR @Spa)

SimuCube (Small Mige)

Strength - 100%
    Force Reconstruction Filter - 1 Fast
    Other Filters - all Off
    Direct Input - all 0%

In-game

GAIN - 38 (Typically run FFB at 80%)
    LFB - 12
    FX - 25
    Damping - 40

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Youre an absolute legend.
    Just gave this file a go on the Nords and Im beyond happy.
    FFB Is not just super immersive (tuned to audio/visual clues) but also feels more informative than any other sim Ive tried.
    I might even enjoy driving this more than the GT3s in ACC...

Give this guy a job Reiza!
    And also, add a GT3 DLC pack so I can give you more money :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

This feels excellent to me, straight out the box. Tested the P4 MetalMoro @ Kansai. CSW 2.5 - Gain 55, LFB 15, FX 35, Damping 55. I have my “dri” set at -1. Haven’t tried other car/track combos yet, but this feels pretty amazing.

Thanks again!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking that a DD upgrade really helped my driving and it certainly did make my old TS-PC Racer wheelbase to feel like a toy. :)

Now when comparing my current DD wheelbase to my old belt driven TS-PC Racer wheelbase, it is clear that controlling the cars with a DD wheelbase has been much easier as I can feel a lot better what the car is actually doing when driving at the limit. The road and tire feedback coming from a DD wheelbase is just so crisp and accurate, the feel of grip loss and under/oversteer is just totally different when comparing to the typical consumer wheelbases (Logitech/Thrustmaster). Also it does help to have a good quality wheel rim at your disposal which fits you like a glove and gives you the confidence to push on in the track. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, I don't normally follow this topic but would like to try the latest custom file on my g920, is it compatible? The default is good enough for me, but I don't like the vibrations which come from the road itself. Some tracks can cause too much tripdation. Thanks!

7. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Go to the first post on the first page of this thread, find the G920 Stakanov file... away ya go!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

I second @bandqit ,
    Either that or @Peter Stefani 's file might suit your needs.
    They are not based off the very latest developments, but are very recent & adjusted for your wheel base.
    Be advised to spend your time to get it adjusted right. The custom file allows for a very large range of adjustments, more so than Default, since LFB works differently and so does Damping slider.
    Prob. best to start by the settings suggested for the file you pick.
    I am sure your opinion might help the guys adjust a future file slightly more towards your needs or they might be able to help you in case of issues, so please do post your findings and issues.

-K

9. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is great stuff, thanks. I will give it a try and will let you guys know how it goes.

10. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hello Karsten, I tested Version 3.4 with my TS PC Racer.
    It's really very very good, I'm missing a bit of scrubbing, but I could increase in the file.

BUT I have a big problem as soon as it starts to rain. At the start of the rain everything is fine and after a few seconds the steering wheel goes crazy, it pulls violently to the right and to the left.
    Any idea to counter this?

11. Karsten Hvidberg

You can also find some more recent files in this .zip file.
    They are all EasterFuktor based. They are not their latest best solutions however. I remain to do some posting for that, so bear that in mind.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Oh.. Hmm, I did add some code for when it's wet, but never tested it...
    I just modified the experimental 3.5 and set that to 0.0, you can try this.

Attached Files:

13. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

I've just found about this, and after one race with the 2021 Stock Cars I can only say.... wow...
    You guys have transformed AMS 2 for me... Finally I feel confident driving the car on the edge, rotating it on throttle out of corner and trailbraking it...
    This last race on Santa Cruz du sol was just perfect...

Huge thanks to everyone contributing to this :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jean-Yves Mercy

Sorry but same problem with V 3.5. I then retested version 3.3 in the rain, and I have the same problem.I had not tested the rain before.My tests were on historic Kyalami, with Porsche Cup, F1 V12 and Lotus 79.

I would like to know if anyone else has this problem.

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, thx, I will need to try myself & fix whatever it might be.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Weird,
    just did a full on rain session with no issues.
    What is your exact setup?
    Both car, track as well as weather conditions?

17. Jean-Yves Mercy

I have a TSPC Racer
    55- 39 45 15
    Kyalami Historique, Porsche Cup.

Ok, I did more testing:

If I choose a race with rain all the way through, I have no problem with the FFB.

If I choose a weather forecast with 2 locations, rain first, sun then, weather X40, it goes from rain to good weather several times and I have no problem with the FFB.

With the same parameters, weather forecast X40, but starting with the sun and then the rain, there it does not work. At the start of the rain it's good, but after a few seconds the steering wheel does anything, with jerks from left to right.

18. Karsten Hvidberg

Can you check if this is also the case when driving Default ffb?

19. Jean-Yves Mercy

It's good witj the défault FFB.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

I've reproduced it now.
    It seems we should avoid running that combination, my guess is that somehow some custom script variables get overwritten by garbage data by the madness engine under these conditions for some reason.