1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound from the rear car is real dolby or not ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by MarcoMd, Apr 5, 2021.

1. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

hi,
    if u have a car behind u on the right and then move on the left and pass u, d'u really feel like that ? or u feel like a "generic and low" sound from behind.. like not real Dolby Digital for example
    in other games like AC i totally understand without look the mirror where is the car behind me

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

U u really think u are able to hear if u are u?
    Or do u instead hear u can detect u instead from u behind?

3. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

mm sorry but i didn't understand the question

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

If one has a car behind them on one's right and it manoeuvres to pass on one's left, is the virtual sound spatialisation correct and does it pan appropriately - or is the sound stage presented in a simpler manner, such as reducing the pitch and amplitude for cars situated to one's rear, for example?
    Like, not real Dobly, innit?

5. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

mm my question is: if u have a car behind u on the right d'u really feel there? this is the question for the people that own real dolby digital 5.1, not headset that are just 2 speakers..
    in any game i hear the sound in any pace, like AC that i really feel that the car is passing or near me without look in the mirror... in AMS2 this is not happening
    how about u ?

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

U know u often cannot figure u hearing out - if u hear or u ears hear u Dolby or not u. :whistle:

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

C'mon Bruno. Not everyone has good levels of whatever foreign language they try to speak. This is Help&Support, not Mock&Bloat. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

yes look like that is not real dolby
    (look like that Bruno is having fun of us.. bah.. can't even make a question.. mm what type of support is...?)

9. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

1) the game engine supports Dolby surround. refer to information on Project Cars 2.

2) you need to force Dolby surround settings within Windows - not the game.
    Get everything working correctly with the OS, verify it and test it to confirm it's working properly.
    Be aware that there are multiple Dolby audio standards - so you might want to clarify that too.

3) I'm going to make the assumption that your sound-card, receiver or amplifier (if you're using one) and speakers all support it and you've got all the cables etc.
    I'm clarifying it to make sure it's obvious, in case someone else reads this thread.

4) You might get some ideas from these Pcars 2 threads. Have a read. Note the comments on that game's surround mixing. Even if you have it working correctly, the results may not meet your expectations (compared to other titles).
    Dolby Digital 5.1 - not getting sound out of my center channel?
    5.1 Surround Sound Compatibility :: Project CARS 2 Offtopic

If you want to read up on it more - my advice would be to focus on Project Cars 2 related forums, threads and posts, as you're likely to find much more information that way.

...other than that - you're on your own. I don't use it myself and I won't be making any further comments on this thread. But assuming you have both the hardware and your OS configured properly, it should work (in theory).

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

hi
    thx for the answer so after reading also the posts that u wrote i think that is just Dolby Digital not supported in the game
    if was a computer problem didn't work in other games
    so i think i hear sound from behind because is dolby surround but is a generic sound.. the car behind me not go directly to a speaker because is not dolby digital game maybe

11. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Hi. Then, as I've understood (I'm not an English speaker), can't we hear the Porsche Cup rear engine from the 2 rear speakers of the 5.1 for example? I don't know if I have something wrong in the audio configuration but I only hear some 3D effects as left and right sound positioning (always from the front speakers) or kerb effects at low volume from the rear speakers...

12. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Please, anyone can tell me something about it? :oops: