1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neutral gear button mapping

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by PAULO MIGNONE PAIXAO, Apr 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PAULO MIGNONE PAIXAO

PAULO MIGNONE PAIXAO New Member

Hello there, I wonder if i can map one of the buttons on my steering wheel to select neutral, like in automobilista 1, it would be helpful to select frist or reverse after a crash, please let me know if i can do it

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I don't think you can assign a button to neutral - as it's not listed in the available assignments within the controls menu, but you can assign Reverse and Gears 1 through to 8 individually to buttons.

So assuming you are happy to map two buttons, rather than one, then this might be a solution.

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I asked for this function a long time ago during EA. I can't remember what the reason is why it is not possible but it isn't!

But I think for electronic sequ. shifters (at least all cars with wheel paddles) there is one in real life. For mechanical sequ. shifters with lever and cable of course not.
    Maybe a new feature which should be implemented in AMS2?

4. EsxPaul

EsxPaul New Member

+1 for this suggestion.

If you end up in a gravel trap, facing a barrier and then try to reverse out, you cannot select neutral until the car is brought to a complete stop. This can take an eternity and is sometimes even impossible.

This happens with the brake fully depressed with no throttle applied.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess you can use XPadder to as example run a short sequence Gear1 to ShiftDown (= Neutral).
    I havent tried it but have succesfully used XPadder before to initiate a sequence of 2 mapped button presses.

ByTheWay: As I faintly recall I used XPadder to initiate the clutch every time I manually shifted Up/Dwn in NR2003.