1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi Karsten, thank you for this new file.
    Question: if I want to amplify the effect when the tire is loosing traction, should I alter these two parameters below or there's another place?

###########################################################
    #
    # Scrub FX
    #
    (scrub_scale_front 0.3)
    (scrub_scale_rear 0.5)

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

If I understand you correct, then these 2:

(scrub_scale 0.3)
    (tear_scale 1.8)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Haven’t tried latest version yet , but i ended up reverting the oversteer calculations to 3.4 also , makes it easier to hold a power slide.

I need to experiment with alternative trail, with those values in place to see what it’s like also .

I had a short race with a 125 kart . it feels ok apart from when you get a bit loose and sideways.
    then something is ripping at the wheel quite hard.
    i suspect reduced tear scales might be a solution, will have to experiment tonight.

4. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Really good. This is the first file I have increased LFB to 20 on for a LOOOOONGGGGG time.

This is a great sign to me actually because I do not drive for pleasure in this game a lot of the time, just test - and the steering is full on great with a TX wheel base; and thus if I was not using an intended feature when I considered the file itself/thing incomplete.

Yet now center is tight, turning the wheel: I put damper down to 50 from 55 as turning is then-nailed at 50, wow man; combined well with center and road feel is spot on - tarmac, sticky, grippy but turnable across road kind of feel.

This thing drives more like a car than ever. Always did, but eeking out those last 5 reality percentages was always going to take months - I think this is so sweet now. On a porsche gt3r at brands. I am going to assume most cars have this amount of certainty/realistic feel to them now. The file seems really well balanced and detailed without over-blowing anything.

edit: to give a sense on gen 2 f1 (white one reiza type, 7 gears), at imola 88, those 2 chicanes are great to handle just now - and with last months setup... in a race, pushing it, and I feel a lot of control combined with physics/turn in, this ffb is REALLY good.

update: is perhaps the slip effect a little too strong? or is it the tx not making it linear.

And I run it at 100 gain for the center and 50 for the damper, its balanced, but I always think if I drop that to 95 and 45 for my wheel it may not scale, I just wonder. But the slip effect is overdone; always willing to be wrong.

update: yes 90 went well for gain and 45 for damper, tx wheel base, and lfb at 20 fx at 50, -- accuracy through the roof over the 100/50 variation. On this patch.

this should hold up for a 10 lap Jerez gen 2 F1 race. which I think is a good test for such a thing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Kuku Maddog

that’s pretty high gain .
    what are you control panel settings?

6. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the absence but I have health problems ... I have read the discussions post rFuktor 3.3 and the various subsequent files for the resolution of various bugs ... if I am not mistaken the latest version is the 3.5 Exp, but I see that in it is missing some functions previously present and important above all for karts such as relax_oversteer ... so I ask if we are still in an experimental phase or if the 3.5 Exp is the last definitive version ???

Regarding karts, if I can afford, I recommend you try them on the BUSKERUD LONG track where, in addition to the curves of various widths (present in many other tracks), there are also many level jumps and bumps right in correspondence with the curves .. . you will notice that paradoxically the SuperKart 250 is more stable than the Kart 125 with sequential gears ... in 125 kart the front closes easily and the rear turns on itself ... but I repeat I could not and cannot do many tests because of my health then I await the transition to a stable and final version of the FFB file to learn more ...

Thanks to @Kuku Maddog and @Karsten Hvidberg who I have seen very busy as always!!!

Hello to everyone!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  7. Kuku Maddog

yeah the last posted file is a working 3.5 as far as I can tell. though I haven’t fully tested a variety of situations.

I’ve been busy trying to make the karts more enjoyable and controllable over the edge.
    Been make some good progress and can hold a drift a lot of the time, which is how a cart should feel to me ( a bit slidey) but still a wip.
    There’s a neat little short track at Virginia that’s great fun .
    I’ve been running in changing weather for a laugh and it’s a bit weird how much grip they still have in the wet, but also the little loss of grip makes them better to drive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi Stakanov, wish you get better.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I have tested this latest experimental rFuktor 3.5 file (which includes the trail adjustments from the rFuktor 3.4 file) in this afternoon and the changes done here does make this one feel better for me than the previous experimental rFuktor 3.5 file. As for Time Trial mode, I haven't discovered any problems in this particular file. I seem to have great control over the car and it's easy to drive the car smoothly with this file, the car practically does what I want from it all the time. :) Althought I haven't tested this file yet with any other car than the Formula V12. But yeah, this one definitely works for me and I see no reason to go back to the old file.

By using this file I managed to do two new WR's today at Jerez Moto and Jerez Chicane. At Jerez Moto I took the WR by almost three tents of a second which makes me satisfied. At Jerez Chicane however, the difference to the second place holder is now nearly two seconds. :cool:

Jerez Moto:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/j0jq71jpa1auhcv/ams2_f-v12_jerez_moto_tumi_world_record_13-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/xe8cecrjt4..._moto_tumi_personal_record_13-04-21.png?raw=1

Jerez Chicane:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/tt1q3cjt12..._chicane_tumi_world_record_13-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/jn7lhxq6dr...icane_tumi_personal_record_13-04-21.png?raw=1

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Kuku Maddog

do you add any tightening to your wheel/file.
    While it’s good as standard I find in more accurate to have some 3/4 tightening.
    You could try values of

and then run lower Lfb

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Stakanov,

I hope you're ok & wish you well soon!

Reg. relax_over_steer and so on, those are now done differently and the values are for example:

(relax_os_line2_start_y 0.0024) #relax_os used for over-steer: relax_os
    (relax_os_pos 0.00144)
    (relax_os_width 0.0105)
    (relax_os_coef -0.015)

(Note the desmos graph link in there, it is hugely helpful to go to that url to see it visually.)
    So there's much more precise control of the over-steer curve & it's relaxation. Same for over-steer and yaw.

The file is still experimental, yes. A few more things to fix, although my time is limited these days...

Best,

-K

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Zedlion

Zedlion New Member

Is this file in question compatible with sc2 pro's ?
    I feel like my car is driving on ice sometimes and I fail to feel the response from the car before I lose it. Been reading the last few pages and this community seems pretty pleased with this file.
    Have a great day :)

14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Hi Kuku, I will try, please can you tell me which variables I need to change for tightening?

The file in your signature is great too. I just tried the latest 3.5 file without any modification in a GT3 race at Brands Hatch and I was able to feel the car in a way I never felt it, I even was able to purposely drift the 720S so naturally I was impressed.

Don't have access to my PC right now but as I remember, I had 70 Gain, 50 LFB/FX/Damper in game with your file, just replaced the custom ffb file without any modification in the values nor ingame.

15. Kuku Maddog

It’s basically the first two lines of scale variables in the file.
    my ( now out of date i guess) file already had the tightening in place at top of file. so you could copy and paste these lines .

i haven’t finished tuning 3.5 yet but will be very similar.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

The file was developed on an SC2 pro base and I think if it feels like ice you have not found the right settings yet.
    Its different in-game settings than Default, so you will need to tinker.

But first it's important you don't use strong filters in TD. In TD I have all filters off, except reconstruction filter, that I have at 1. More than 1 will go more and more ice for sure as it just smooths it out.

You will not regret putting in the time to get this right on that wheel base.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

You could test the latest experimental rFuktor 3.5 file with these in-game FFB settings from AMS2 control options:

Gain: 32-38 (I'm using 37)
    LFB: 9-12 (I'm using 11)
    FX: 25-32 (I'm using 25)
    Damping: 10-20 (I'm using 20)

I'm using SC2 Sport wheelbase myself but as far as I know, the optimal settings for SC2 Pro and SC2 Sport should be very close to each other. Try those in-game settings I suggested above and experiment with those, you will eventually find the right combination that feels right for your wheelbase. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Karsten Hvidberg for the hope of healing ;)

The graphs for the functions are very useful :), but only for confirmation, so for example, if I wanted to insert a personalized "relax_os" in the karts I have to insert all 4 lines you mentioned in the usual way, as indicated below ???

(relax_os_line2_start_y (if isKart 0.0024 relax_os_line2_start_y))
    (relax_os_pos (if isKart 0.00144 relax_os_pos))
    (relax_os_width (if isKart 0.0105 relax_os_width))
    (relax_os_coef (if isKart -0.015 relax_os_coef))

(Obviously with different values....)

And therefore the same for the relative 4 lines inherent to "slip_crossover", "relax_us" and "relax_yaw"??? ;)

19. Kuku Maddog

I’m pretty lost with those values myself. so haven’t changed them . they seem low so so probably will only delay feedback if they are raised?

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, correct.
    If you want to adjust them, do so in the graph first, so you see it. Then take those values and insert in the file.
    It's the first 4 lines of values in the desmos graph in the left side & same order. Just desmos does not allow full names(or maybe I just didn't look up how to do that), so it's 1 letter names instead.

• Like Like x 1