1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can CrewChief put fuel in the car?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wilfred de Ruijter, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I saw Niels Heusinkveld doing a video of VR in Automobilista! CrewChief wrote the software to use VR within AMS 1! In another video I saw somebody showing CrewChief calculating the fuel and putting it automatically in the car in iRacing. I tried some settings, but I couldn’t set it up to work. Does adding fuel automatically work in AMS 2 using CC?

2. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

That is an iRacing-specific feature.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Cc can fuel the car in ams2 as well. To do this it presses keys to interact with the pit menu, so for example "fuel to the end" presses 'open icm' then 'icm down' a couple of times, right, down, etc until it reaches the fuel item then it presses 'left' loads of times to ensure its set to zero, then presses 'right' however many times it needs to to set the fuel, then is presses a few more keys to exit the menu.

As you can see, it takes a little time and is quite fragile. To make it work you need to have the correct key bindings in-game. The cc help pages have the info you need for this but iirc cc expects the default icm' key bindings

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to see that it's possible. I might get into those help pages of CC.