1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh that is a shame, was so looking forward to that ;)

2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't get me wrong, it's always nice watching top drivers extract maximum performance from modern machinery. There is potential for Hypercars and LMDh to take off but there is no chance they'll speak to the soul like classic Le Mans cars do.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/why-the-le-mans-classic-is-the-best-vintage-sports-car-race-out-there[​IMG]

I was at the 2015 Le Mans race and it was incredible. However, the Monterey Motorsport Reunion is still one of my favorite events to attend. Going to the Le Mans Classic is on my must-attend list along with the Goodwood Revival.

• Like Like x 4
  3. th3orist

th3orist Member

Won't we get a March 2021 Dev Update?

4. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

It’s going to be sum up with this month dev update. Patience plz. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thing is this sim is doing a great job in putting together so many vintage and modern classes that is already impossible to use or master them all... There is so much good stuff to drive :eek:

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

What do you all think about the net code? Is it as good as the other sims or better or worse?

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wheel camber or damage reset etc. of external models, especially in spectator and replay is not fixed and might be probably one of the harder things to do in the semi-priority list, i could imagine.
    If you are referring to collision detection and distance calculation/movement, i would call it "flawed, but close to sufficient". (Way better, than one year ago)

Hard to compare with other sims, because they all have their weaknesses and strengths in certain fields and i would call the least of them really good, including AMS2, especially when it comes to lower pings and front-rear "collisions".

It's also one of the hardest things to get right for racing sims in general, because the system basically has to "predict" things due to the delay of connections.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was referring at the shape of the mirror and the fact that it not in your face like the one in AMS2 and helps with the immersion. I did not look at the fov.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I assume you know that picture isn't immersive, The camera floating after the car.
    I want the mirror Just above the road and not some small mirror in the upper margin like on the picture you showed us, I want to see them both The road and the mirror without the need to look and re-focus at it,
    If i want to go immersive I disable the hud, and put my trust in the crewchief

• Like Like x 1
  10. AndreiC

Probably something like this would be better?

Attached Files:

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding collision detection, it is very raceable nowadays, but flawed as all the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Recently I have been watching a lot of Omega and Old Stock racing including onboards and I have to say the 99 Omega Stock Car at Interlagos is A+++..

Reiza absolutely smashed this one.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

I've raced with friends a lot in this (and other sims). I would say it is easily as good as any other sim. Also raced on public servers and not had any problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AndreiC

All other teams after Reiza launches the fan car :D!

Attached Files:

15. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Just had first try of the Omega. Personally I think it needs quite a bit of work, very strange inertia and power delivery. Can't breathe on or tickle the throttle without the rears spinning up, even at speed. Obviously you should be able to make them spin up if you want, with 'more' throttle and/or overly aggressive application when torque can overcome grip...
    But It's as though the throttle application is completely borked sensitivity wise, especially at lesser inputs. In fact I get that feeling with a lot of cars in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has an open differential so it will behave differently than a car with an LSD.

17. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Oh I'm not meaning regards the diff (Don't get me started on that lol). I'm just talking about the throttle sensitivity/linearity.
    Edit: It may well just be on my end of course, will do another re-install and see if that helps.

18. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice if one day Reiza gave the Old Stock cabin a little modern upgrade instead of using the 1979 stock car innards..

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda I know.. I am Dutch... but this is too much... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

R3E changed their throttle maps recently saying that it’s no longer what people are used to with most sims. So sorry if you have a lot of experience with race car throttles - and if so lets go with that - but I think there might be some of that paradigm shift going on with AMS2 as well. (and AMS1?)