1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer New Member

I know this is not the right place to ask, but this AI improvement was implemented in the last patch? It seems to me that the AI drivers still have pretty much the same "talent".
    The "groups" are still there, changing positions lap after lap.

At least is what I see racing FVee.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's implemented, but not yet fleshed out. Still some groups bunching up in certain laptime regions and some classes with way to close gaps overall, even for spec series, some classes have extremely fast leading cars, while the whole rest is quite slow in comparison. I think, now, that the tools for the AI are there, it will improve over the course of future updates.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

F-Ultimate Championship, 50% length, Clear Weather, AI 108/30, Azure

Impossible to race vs the AI in Azure, they keep piling up everywhere. Before coming here to post I tried 5 times to race there, wasted my time. I'd suggest removing this track from the Championship mode until either the AI can actually race there or we have red flags.

Off topic but related, somewhat: in at least two of these pile ups I tried to get around the AI very slowly (I think around 20 kph) and by barely touching them I get severe damage. Something is very wrong with the damage model in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

The same goes for me! I have tried any category, any AI level settings .. nothing to do, impossible to run in Azure with AI
    ss182100.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

V.1.1.3.5
    Car / Track used: F3 309 / Tarumã (w/o chicane)
    AI Strength setting: 107%
    Corner (if issue is corner specific): T2 (affecting T9)
    AI Aggression setting: 75%
    Session Distance: P20mim / Q10min / R20min
    Weather when the issue was observed: Clear
    Player Tyre: Slick
    AI Tyre (if known to be different from player):
    Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race):
    P and Q

It happens when the AI leaves the pits (P and Q), lose the T2, leave the track and come back ahead, causing multiple accidents. As a result of accidents, they need to return to the pits, which causes more accidents in the T9 when they also lose the curve and cross the track to enter the pits.

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

cont...

Just like these.. Racing the Omega Stock Car at 115/60 at Bathurst and they are slow over the top of the mountain and slow down Conrod straight compared to the default setup which will be even more exaggerated once I start lowering drag.. Everywhere else they are sometimes quicker than me and then I can just easily catch up or pull away by 1-2 seconds..

add: at 115% I instantly go 1.5-2 seconds a lap quicker than the Ai..

add: LH turn at Reid Park they are extra slow and you can just pick them off one by one lap after lap there.. This is not a overtaking spot..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Coanda

... cont..

I chewed them up. This video shows how slow the Ai are over the top of the mountain even at 120% and they are down on top end speed down Conrod and Mountain straight like many other classes. I also do not like to see Ai cars going side by side through the Esses and the Dipper.. This is a recipe for disaster..

Even running the Opel at Interlagos I have more speed down the start/finish straight as I can easily stretch them by a couple of car lengths..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

Very clear that AI absolutely get no slipstream from each other too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Coanda

It's seems to be true.. I also pull away if I am the leading car and they are in my slipstream..

For me Bathurst is pretty much unracable if you want a serious race and it has been like this for a long while... Go in a GT1 car and you are 15-30 KPH faster down the straights..

10. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

11. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

It's the same thing that happens in this video with the super v8s, fast on corners and slow on straights.

I used 100% of the opponents and 90% of the aggression.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Coanda

... and when you run them at 120% even though I can unrealistically stretch them by 4-5 car lengths they have super brakes into the Chase chicane..

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. sgsfabiano

Yes. The AI doesn't actually race each other, but rather just pretend to. Basically they run artificially close to each other to give the impression they are battling for position, when in fact they are just putting up a show for the player.

I've reported somewhere that AI not only do not get slipstream, but also sometimes doesn't open DRS when it is available. I've even witnessed a chasing AI with open DRS unable to overtake a veeery close AI ahead. It was an F-Ultimate race at Silverstone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. metzgerov

metzgerov New Member

Before I go on a post-a-thon; is it already common knowledge that the Formula Retro Gen2 Ai really never go over 260kph at any track? It's worthless racing them because their top speed is inhibited by something atm. 90-100 ai.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Wedsley Dias

Still remains in V.1.1.4.0

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wedsley Dias

V.1.1.4.0 - Karts AI are also a real wreckfest. Tested in the Rental, GX390 and 125cc categories, where the latter is worse. All in weather clear. AI skill set between 100% / 120% and aggressiveness fixed at 75%. Impossible to run a race against AI - They destroy themselves even without you around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Imola 2001: Casualties at pit entry.
    While the AI which wants to stay out has to brake for last chicane, others who want to pit just go straight ahead to the pit entry and ram out the AI which brakes for last corner just as if it was not there.

Edit: Did a race with 24 AI and mandatory stops. 6 had a DNF. In the replay, I saw that it was caused by crashes at the pit entry.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Similar at Campo Grande
    Car: Copa Uno
    AI level: 100%
    AI aggression: 20%.

Had a race where I noticed one AI ended up as DQ, so checked the replay to find out why and it turned out it collided with another AI whilst both tussled trying to enter pit lane for mandatory pit stop, causing the unfortunate one to be deflected back out onto track and missing pit lane altogether. I think this was the final lap of pit window and it pulled over at the end of the start/finish straight, presumably having immediately been disqualified.

Can the AI can be made a bit more co-operative with one another when entering pits?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car: German Group A
    Track: Snetterton
    AI Strength: various from 90-100%
    AI Aggression: 20%
    Corner (if issue is corner specific): T2 hairpin "Wilson"
    Session Distance:
    Weather when the issue was observed: dry
    Player Tyre: dry
    Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): quick race

AI cars regularly tipping onto side after driving over the sausage on the inside kerb.

20. sgsfabiano

[​IMG]

Car: F-Ultimate
    Track: Montreal
    AI Strength: 107
    AI Aggression: 50
    Corner (if issue is corner specific):
    Session Distance: 50%
    Weather when the issue was observed: dry
    Player Tyre: dry
    Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): F-Ultimate championship race

AI pile up. All the cars in this shot are stopped.

Currently it is a struggle to race vs AI, every 5 starts, I've to abort the race in 3 of them because AI fk ups.

Implementing red flags would make it kind of cool though, if the fk ups are not way too frequent.

Also, AI definitely do not get slipstream from the other AI.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021