Stuttering issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by OlivierMDVY, Aug 25, 2016.

1. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a chance to spend a little more time with AMS this week but I'm afraid I'm still unable to figure out how to counter the massive FPS hit I'm facing within this sim.

The only way I'm able to run more or less decent frames is by disconnecting all of my shifters, including the paddle shifters and AF button box, which means I have to run auto shift etc...

I'm pretty lost as what is the actual cause for this. I'd guess it could have something to do with USB latency or something along those lines that I've seen being mentioned some other place but I'm not sure as to how to fight it, if that is even possible, or if it's a driver's issue, etc I don't know!!!

Please help me out if you can guys! :)

2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is strange. I use a Xeon W3550 3.06 GHz CPU and an over-clocked Nvidia GT 620 1GB GPU :oops: with a 1280 x 720 24" monitor :oops::oops: and get around 60 FPS on high settings (no shadow blur). Your system should be laughing at AMS. I did have stutters after a few laps but these stopped when I set my Norton Internet Security to "Silent Mode".

Have you run the NT Core patch to ensure that AMS uses all four cores? Another program to try is Process Lasso, an excellent tool that does the same thing but also prioritizes specific programs and puts your PC into gaming mode, etc..

Best of luck with taming AMS. If your rig still has problems, may I have it? ;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

The game is still stuttering for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i think somewhere niels or renato mentioned that if u get an fps hit with DD wheels u should try to lower ffb effects to 180 Hz or something

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey @Scraper, thanks for the help and kindness mate! :) I didn't think the 4GB could still be needed but now that you mentioned that seems like a sensible tweak indeed worth trying; and I will be investigating the Process Lasso as well which I'm sure will be useful for AMS and other applications as well.

But what strikes me as really strange is that my issue seems to be directly related to my input devices. For instance if I toggle the AI to control the car my FPS counter skyrockets instantly.

Which leads us to roby13 comment!
    Thank you very much @roby13. I wasn't at all aware that had even been discussed here, and now at least I know what to look for in a more specific manner. I will update you guys on my findings and hopefully what fix or at least reduces the issue.

Thanks a lot both of you! :D

6. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The solution seems to be for me: don´t launch AMS with Sim Commander as well as FFB on 180 Hz and no default HUD with trackmap. Now it became from a stottering nightmare to a very smooth and nice looking racing sim and love it:rolleyes:

USB can´t be a real issue. I´m using AF, Fanatec CSS, HE Pro pedals and Sequential Shifter plus SimVibe. But i had to buy a new USB-PCI-card nearly a year ago for the Accuforce the get pCars and rF2 running without crashes, because not all motherboards can handle the AF (and OSW-wheels) in every sim. Never had issues in AC, Raceroom and iRacing, so i could not exclude USB-problems at all.

7. Chas

Chas New Member

Yep reinstalling Windows10 has finally worked for me.No stutters/fps drops at the moment.
    This is using a 144 hz g sync monitor.G sync set to full screen.V sync on in n videa control panel.V sync off in game.Set fps cap in game at 120fps.