1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Obbzy_XR_, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

Just wondering what cars and tracks people would like to see in AMS2 in the near future?
    If I could pick 3 of each:
    1. V8 Supercars (Gen 1 era, mid 1990's or there abouts)...
    2. 60's style sedans/saloons
    3. 1980's Group A cars

1. Phillip Island (Or an Aussie/NZ Tracks Track Pack!)
    2. Laguna Seca (Hopefully as part of the Nth America Track Pack)
    3. Burriram (Chang) Circuit

• Like Like x 2
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

1. more Group C
    2. 70's GT cars (Porsche '74 and friends)
    3. '80-90's road cars

1. Longbeach
    2. Sebring
    3. Surfers Paradise

• Like Like x 4
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No no no no no.. First we need a complete Aussie/Kiwi-tracklist..

We have Brazilian tracks.
    We have some of the UK
    We have only 2 Aussie/Kiwi tracks
    Bunch of European

Soo.. we need to complete UK and Aussie/Kiwi. For the glory of the current V8 and ARC Camaro's

• Like Like x 2
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn’t mind seeing Croft or Thruxton :cool:. I don’t know many Aussie/Kiwi tracks which is probably even more reason to have them in the game.

But first they shall bring us Long Beach.

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah. You've to finish what you started. You can't leave UK/Ireland and Aussie/Kiwi just like that. Rest of Europe, USA and Africa will follow. Perhaps even Asia.

6. 2ndLastJedi

We don't have any Kiwi tracks! Lumping Aussie and Kiwi together is like lumping England and Scotland together or US and Mexico!
    NZ has some good tracks and so does Australia but using / triggers me a bit even though my Dad had Kiwi blood.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No offense to our Antipodean friends (who don't really get much love from sim developers), but I would take 3-5 US circuits (Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Laguna Seca, Daytona RC, Road Atlanta) over any non-Bathurst AUS/NZ circuit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Le Mans

LMDh
    Hypercars

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't get all the love for Laguna SECA, I find it tight, twisty, short, too hard to overtake and generally boring to race on and watch races on. Similar to Daytona, isn't it just an oval with a flat infield area? Similar to Indy? Phillip island would be amazing, that is one track that is ignored by Sims. In the US tracks Sebring would be great, Mid Ohio is okay. NZ has a few good tracks that were released for rF2, can't remember their names but they had great layouts. I don't think we always need the best known tracks in AMS2 as we have seen Brazil has some gems that I am sure most of us have not heard of before until AMS2, would be good if they could add more of these lesser known gems rather than more of the same old same old that every other Sim has.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. oez

I don't know about watching races there, but for my money it's one of few perfect tracks. You can drive anything there without it feeling completely out of place. Sure it's a bit short for F1, but not extremely so. At the other end of the spectrum it's still twisty enough for hot hatches, Miatas and such.

Besides when it comes to fun tracks, it doesn't get much better for me than Laguna Seca. Especially in VR. Velo Citta is similar. Both are just a rollercoaster ride. Like a smaller scale Spa (which makes it a better fit for slower cars).

I do agree that we don't need all the same tracks in all sims. We already have a few of those. Might as well, they're great tracks. But as said Laguna Seca is a good fit for so many classes in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

I really love Laguna as well. Racing there has always been good for me.

I thought about also adding GT3 cars to my list but as much as I enjoy the GT3s in AMS2, I agree we dont need the overlap since we already have ACC.
    I really hope Reiza doesnt make the same mistake as SMS did with too many different cars and classes, I think theyre already pushing it with some of the stuff they have now tbh.

Id much rather see them put their recources into a few classes and make them really good, instead of having a bunch of them that are kinda lacking...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Pukekohe and Hampton Downs would be the two Kiwi tracks to include, and that’s intentionally excluding my home town track of Ruapuna featured in PC2 .

Some of you will know that the summer season here is headlined by the prestigious TRS ( Toyota racing series). Young talent from around the world use it as a launching pad to prove there worth to progress to formula classes and even formula one in time .

A read through the previous winners over the years is evidence to what can come after it .

• Like Like x 1
  13. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I'd be happy in the first instance if they got all the existing content up to scratch in terms of visuals (esp wet weather in cockpit), sounds, driver animations, AI etc.

Then and only then would I like to see a few more tracks, with a bit more focus on small club type circuits if possible.
    US tracks: Laguna, Watkins, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Barber
    Australasian tracks: Phillip Island, Eastern Creek, Winton, Pukekohe
    UK tracks: Knockhill, Thruxton
    Asian tracks: Fuji, Autopolis, Sugo
    European tracks: Mas du Clos, Mendig
    Sth American tracks: Buenos Aires, Floripa

As for cars, all I want is more fun trackday stuff like the Arial.

But I repeat, I'd much rather have all the bugs, inconsistencies, missing features and QOL oversights attended to first :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. 2ndLastJedi

I'd really like to see some Mexican tracks like Sebring or Laguna or maybe some more Irish tracks like Croft or Thruxton or maybe a Korean track like Fuji would be great also o_O

:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. oez

I would love a southern German track like Salzburgring. Of course we already have Spielberg.

Or maybe an Eastern Swedish track like Ahvenisto or the new Kymiring might make an appearance. Or Tykki from AMS1.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like tracks where i can stretch the legs of cars and Laguna doesn't do that for me. Even in ACC a lot of the track only gets to 4th gear, maybe 5th for the main straight. And I used to avoid racing there if I could. Laguna might be good like that with smaller or lower powered cars but bigger ones like GT3 not do much

17. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Selfishly speaking, I'd love to have all the 1980s versions of many tracks - Estoril, Suzuka, Monza, Jerez, Silverstone 87-90, Monaco, etc. then, some more American tracks, like Road America, Laguna, Watkins Glen, Long Beach, and then three versions of Le Mans - late 80s(with and without Mulsanne chicanes) and the current.

• Like Like x 1
  18. oez

I get what you mean. GT3 is one of the classes I wouldn't take to Laguna Seca as my first choice. I didn't mean that it's a great choice for all classes, just that nothing feels clearly out of place there. Like many slower cars would at some GT3/F1 tracks although you can have fun racing anywhere with slower cars. It's just that the driving part may feel a bit boring with too much track and too many long straights. Of course Laguna Seca still has its optimum range of cars classes. I just think it's in a sweet spot when you try a lot of different cars there.

I think the problem with GT3 at Laguna Seca is that they are fast, but not ridiculously grippy enough to manage those twisty sections at high speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont really care about other peoples track nationalism.:rolleyes:
    I mean I dont have to talk to a track - so I absolutely dont care much about what country the RL track is or was placed in. And what nationality the public have.:rolleyes:

Example: Even when I know that COA is the official(?) national US motor circuit I just hate it - both because I raced it in iRacing and it was mandatory it became a demolition derby - but also because I consider the layout of this modern track as completely awkward/without flow.

ByTheWay: Your idea of Phillip Island is a good one though. Because again refering to iRacing the MP races was often very enjoyable. I guess it was because of all the "natural" overtaking oppertunities.
    Hehe and also because a lot of the more unskilled drivers ended up outside the looong leftgoing corner in the beginning of a lap.:D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Longbeach
    Road Atlanta
    Twin Ring Motegi or Tsukuba

Plus I thought there was a poll which resulted in Touring cars/btcc from the 90s?
    Otherwise I'd like to see maybe some more cars in the current classes to fill them out more.