1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I don't want to derail too much so I will leave the link here for who is interested on it: www.justrace.net
    AMS support is great and AMS2 is coming very very soon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Looks like some few stubborn people think I have made this 64+ thing up myself.
    But for those stubborn people then feel free to check my medical source out ;)

ByTheWay: Info (or humour :D ) is often better than purely blind dislike attitude.:whistle:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/different-genders#why-it-matters

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I would doubt it's on RF2 engine... BTW the studio is at work on Nascar as top priority according to rumors.. So...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm already doing some internal shifting with regards to expectations.
    I have a gut feeling that for some reason it won't do VR, or do it very poorly. ("But GearNazi, we're not even sure what engine it will run on?!" Yep, well I'm basing this one on instinct and the fact that these guys cater to a somewhat different segment of the market...)
    Maybe I'll like the NASCAR? It's wait 'n see more than anything else really.

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a lost battle, you won't convince them even by showing graphs and values. Some people just can't seem to feel what they drive and how things are changing when an update is dropped (for the good or the bad). All they can seem to do is whine how unrealistic things are at the first issue they have and they have all the rights to express their opinion.
    Maybe all it takes to take out sudden oversteer from a setup is change 10Nm in the pre-load but yet the only thing they can think of is that physics are broken and AMS2 is PC2.5 and there is no way to convince them otherwise.
    For the sake of clarity I do think there are still some (mild) oddities around but nothing as catastrophic as some people depict.
    Another example of this yelled catastrophist approach is the conversation on the netcode and cars flying: 20 posts on it, then you watch the video and there is actually nothing flying (except for a rear wing).
    With certain attitudes you can never win.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

Oh great! A new little hotfix update by Reiza, I have time to read the new few added features, it won't be a long reading, let's see.

[​IMG]

Legend says Óscar's room is like 200-300km below the earth, and he's still there reading the hotfix.

:hurrayreiza:

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I think you may have misunderstood your reference material. "64 Terms That Describe Gender Identity and Expression" is not the same as 'there are 64 gender identities'. Recheck your "medical" source.

To bring it slightly more on topic, '64 terms that describe GT3 cars' is not the same as 'there are 64 different GT3 cars'.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

I've done a few races today with the F Vintage Gen1s and the F Retro Gen1s, and it seems to be working now.
    Gotta say I love how the Retros handle now - I mean they're still a handful but very predictable and the power oversteer is amazing! Good stuff!
    :hurrayreiza:

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

might depend on car class? did not race all cars since the update.:cool:

9. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

We will see in the next updates how the title will handle the shortcomings. I am looking forward to it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  10. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I've done some Googling, and I can't find any evidence that what you say is correct.

There are examples of H configuration engines other than BRMs, which I only mentioned as I thought it would be the one most familiar to car lovers (see H engine - Wikipedia).

11. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I think in this case the dislikes came, because you took a still on point joke down an alley where it would seem that you're tickling your own ignorance more than anything. I apologise if not, but that's how you came across.

I know people who struggle with their gender identity. It's not a great position to be in. Personally the last thing I want to do is belittle that experience with clever remarks even if by accident.

You can keep using the kind of language you want to use, you have that freedom. At least I hope so. All I'm saying is that reaching your hand to help people exist makes a difference and that's a choice only you can make.

I just wanted to open this dislike conflict a bit so it's not just a bunch of votes for and against you. We're all people here so lets be kind :).

Sorry for the extra off-topic.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

So.. the FAN car. I have tried to work out if fan speed is linked to engine revs or wheel rotation speed (ie speed of vehicle). I understand the fan is connected to the gear box in some way, but is it input shaft or output shaft. If its output shaft then the fan isn't going to generate as much downforce at low speed irrespective of engine revs.

Someone on another forum claimed the fan should generate "downforce" in slow corners but I am not sure that this is true exactly. Does anyone know for sure? (I admit that someone "knowing for sure" on a race sim forum is a loaded question that will probably result in conflicting answers from people who "know for sure" but still, I feel compelled to ask :) )

13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Confirmed by SHR modding...
    Linked in some way to crankshaft/gearbox(on the input side...)
    That fan could reach pretty insane revs, as it would have to, to generate sufficient suction.
    It would make little sense to connect to the gearbox-output, this is much, much lower rpm.
    Apparantly 2G could be achieved while standing still, in other words a what, almost 1.3 metric ton car by then, pushing rubber onto the track.
    It's a bit counter-intuitive, but revs create downforce, so downshifting a lot, and throttling through some understeer on corner entry, and more of this goodness!
    It needs an altimeter still, but I think if you manage to keep rpm's in the 7-10k range mostly, then the downforce is there.
    Hope this clears it up!

Screenshot_20210420_021218_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Differences Between I-4, I-6, V-6 & V-8 Engines

https://turo.com/blog/gearheads/what-different-engine-layouts-mean

These are two examples (not the best, just random picks) of many over decades that have referred to flat engines by the short-form "H."

However, it appears that H is also used officially to designate an engine with two crankshafts (like the BRM one used in the 60's F1 car and a few even older road cars):

Engine configuration

From that link, you can see the vastly more common flat layout doesn't even get a letter designation! Hence probably why a bunch of people assigned H to it for the reasons I outlined above.

Engine configuration - Wikipedia

This link lists everything, and again there is no letter designation for "horizontally-opposed" engines that are far more common than any other category than I or V.

Based on all this, I will continue to use the more common H-designation for flat engines, but will now do it knowing that technically/officially H refers to the obscure and discredited pancake design :)

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think it needs a lot more than 7K to generate the high levels of suction. At least when I am driving it, I don't get much benefit until in the 10K+ range. Try it at a "modern" track like Interlagos. Where you want some compensating grip for the old and annoying bias ply tires, even in first gear the corners are too slow for the fan. It works well on the old-school tracks (not surprisingly).

But others who can actually expertly drive this vehicle should comment on the fan suction vs rpm curve. In my mind, I picture it as extremely exponential coming in to usefulness only at the very top end of the engine speed range. Without the extra gauges working in the car (yet), I can't be sure except judge based on what actually happens in the car on the track.

16. Apex

Apex Active Member

Could be and neither did I! :D I'm running default liveries and have not messed with the game files in any way.

Anyway, when it's working the grids look lovely!

:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Another question:)
    I was just driving the Brabham 46B @Kyalami in Time Trial when I hit the wall with my left rear wheel. It was crooked(strange steering) though I have set my damage to 'NO'.
    Anyway entering the pits I had fuel left for 8 laps or so. I see the repair bar filling up taking >1 min or so, but it got also refueled to 191 (litres/kgs?) to the max what I did not want.

I read somewhere about RACE STRATEGY/PITSTOP Strategy to make the pitcrew not overfill my fueltank/refuel so much. Where can I find it in the Menus? I did look for it... I feel such a n00b. ;-(

Cheers
    Robin

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure, your damage and mechanical failures are off in the gameplay settings if you want to have no damage at all. Maybe some components depend on one or the other setting. (Otherwise it's worth a bug report, will also test later :) )
    The pit strategy menu is in the garage setup menu directly under the save setup button on the righthand side of the menu.^^

• Like Like x 2
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Did something change regarding the pit limiter in this build..? I have manual pit stops enabled however the pit limiter is automatic now on entry & exit..

The closes thing I could find in the change log was this..

Fixed pit/formation speed limit and cooldown lap notice not enabled by default in some modes.

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Damage is forced on in Time Trial to prevent wallriding etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.