1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Well, now I feel dumb. Not sure how I missed that!. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

... mate excellent leason on how sucking and blowing works.. I really learnt something.. :p:cool:

You're not from bloody St Kilda are you...?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Hello,
    First, you are doing a great job.
    Now this one hurt a lot. That is sure. I hesitated for a long time to post here. I played Project Cars 2 on Xbox One and saw Automobilista 2 as great potential. And I still do.
    Now it is clear that I am not welcome anymore and yes I have heard your warning.
    I will log myself out and leave.
    It is very weird that you don't see the merit of looking at footage and seeing what is wrong. I didn't know you had to be an astronaut to know that the Earth is not flat. Certainly, if you see behaviour that I have seen in Project Cars and was considered wrong then and still is considered wrong now.
    I am still of the opinion that if I would play it that I wouldn't have another opinion (and that is not stubbornness) , maybe that is weird and maybe it is because I have been playing racing games my whole life. But it is so.
    So you know. As critical as I am here the more I am rooting for you and the game on other forums and reaction on videos and trying others to try it.
    If I was rich enough to buy a decent wheel and had the place to set it up and try it myself I would have done it ages ago. Because this is not a game to be played with a pad imo.
    But yeah this has hurt a lot and I will not bother you or your team or anyone else here again.
    I thought I was helping but it seems like you don't consider it valuable (and that is fair if you don't acknowledge that you can't see certain behaviour that is wrong from videos). I already only expressed what others were saying. And like I said that I rather not comment or show footage that I consider wrong and that others should show it. That way things are more clear for you guys. And I knew that I wouldn't convince anybody because I don't have the game.
    So good luck with the game and I wish you all the luck in the world.
    And to others who found my messages helpful and not degrading. Thank you and maybe see you in the future.
    I wish you all great enjoyment and to the team take care in these difficult times. I hope everything will be ok in the future in your country and also in the world.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You should not take it personal.
    BTW: By the game and a wheel if you gathered enough money and then come back and tell us what you feel about it.This would be more serious....

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

the realism discussion is odd and is there since racing games and ffb wheels exist.
    games provide the forces just through the wheel, many players don't even own one and play with pads or keyboards (what is of course quite ok if they like to do so). to judge "realism", we would need to feel all forces of a racing car which act on driver's body. so, players would need to have at least a decent motion rig or the opportunity to test a game within a simulator real racing teams have at their bases. only a few enthusiasts have equipment like that, the majority of simracers just have wheels of different qualities and costs.
    throughout the last decades, i had the chance to drive some racing cars in real life on different tracks. of course not on the limit, as the cars were just lent and i am not a race driver and did just a few careful laps each time, maybe pushing a bit on the straights.
    some of these cars were/are also part of racing games. one sim does it better than the other, but it will never be "real" without professional equipment, just a try to come close.
    some games simulate car A quite well, but fail in doing so with car B. there are ones that suck completely with each car, some others do quite well with almost all the cars.
    to me, and this is again just an opinion, there are cars in AMS 2 which i have driven in real life coincidentally and i find some of them too "snappy" on corner exits. an example is the F3. in real life, they are no monsters that want to brake your hands after corners in slow speeds, they stick to the ground and are not too hard to handle. but in game, it likes to brake out quite easily on exits. but it might has to do with too strong ffb settings and the fact that i can feel forces just through my wheel, without having the complete feedback of street and car and being surprised by the reaction of the car to my steering inputs quite often.

edit: have to step back on the F3's. have not driven them for quite a while. feel pretty good now to me. maybe due to some changes on physics/ffb in one of the latest builds.:)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Coanda

Look matey I think you were respectful along the way and your heart was in the right place however you may have taken it a little too far as the message was somewhat repetitive.. Maybe take a little breather and come back and join in the fun. I understand what you mean about GPADs however I did AC/ACC for years after my wheel blew up and I had a good time. At least that way too you can support the developer financially a little as well..

Take care whatever you decide to do..

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You are always welcome to discuss in the forums here! The repetitive nature of feedback, that is relying on videos instead of actual usage of the sim is problematic for a sufficient way of cope-ing with it, though.

Like already mentioned, don't take it personally. But let's tone it down, if the base of certain repetitive critizisms isn't founded on hands-on experience. There is a lot to talk about, that doesn't need direct hands-on experience! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The design of the engine has been discredited, not the designation. Hence why none have been produced in the last half century.

And great info from the Germans (of course ;) ) to refine the difference between flat and "boxer." Again, reinforces the point why everyday (or marketing) labels do not always precisely match the technical specs. The end of automotive technical civilization ended for me when certain mainstream German manufacturers stopped using accurate engine size designations on their models ;) After that, it's marketing over engineering!

9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Split Second, maybe it's possible for you to create a new "My impressions of AMS2 as a non-player" thread in the General Discussions forum? I do find your viewpoints interesting to discuss, just that the way they are currently written and shared with us in release threeads is not specifically relevant to changes between v1.1.3.5 and v1.1.4.0

With a thread topic like that, you also don't give any good reason for people to dismiss you based on your non-player status, as we can all discuss your observations imagining ourselves to be in your situation.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I apologise if I came out a bit strongly - I dont mean to suggest your participation in the forum and these discussions are not welcome, and they have certainly been civil and friendly in a way my post probably failed to recognize. The point however stands, in that your physics input will always be of limited value while you are not driving the game yourself. And while you can still interject in the discussions and even make pertinent observations based on videos and other people’s comments, the sheer volume of such interjections end up having a counter-productive effect in the way it contributes to topics becoming very bloated, and dilluting other valuable comments and discussions in the process.

In a broader note not aimed at anyone specifically - as much as we enjoy and find use in going through the various forum topics and collecting user feedback, we can only spend so much time doing it if we are to get on with the business of developing the game - the more comments and discussion repeat themselves here, the harder it is for the quality posts to get our attention. Hence the general suggestion that it is to everyone’s benefit if we try avoid creating too much forum foam in repeating comments that have already been made ad nauseaum :)

• Friendly x 15
    • Like x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

EDIT ...won't push the topic further. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Coanda

same here..

13. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

I'm often critical of AMS2 but I would like to commend however is working on the differential as it now has a quite major factor in the handling of the cars I have tried and is another useful setting to setup the car to your liking.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Coanda

I'm also curious about disabling tyre changes and unmatched tyre compounds too..

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Early on in my apprenticeship I learnrd the old suck, sqeeze, bang, blow method and never had a bad night out..... No, never been to St Kilda sorry that wasn't me, you'll have to keep looking for your old flame :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Coanda

... after that impressive resume I damn wish it was..

I bet you were popular on pie night.. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

I was just looking for a 10 inch population tool my boss asked me to find :confused: weird, because people here only had 6 or 7's o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

It needs lots of revs, most all the time.
    As In video at Nords from the Retro Thread, below and other info on BT 46b and all retros

Formula-Retro drivability Nords
    #584 Kayalami

19. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I agree. I notice this when driving some of the Formula cars. It's like a very subtle stability control turned on, although this driving aid is completely disabled in the game settings.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. 2ndLastJedi

It's been there since day one, I've reported it very early on and mentioned it numerous times. I'm glad finally others are talking about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.