1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error: Cockpit skewed

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BrunoB, Apr 20, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

How can I get the cockpit corrected?
    As can be seen then the virtual wheel axis is not ligned up in the middle of the car.
    I dont know if the english word is skewed?

Cockpit skewed.jpg

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Just like the real car. By design, not a mistake.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

upload_2021-4-21_5-39-16.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Balrog

Balrog Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Where is the ByTheWay??

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

What what?:eek:
    I didnt know that - but poor fellas that were forced to drive that awkward.
    A physiotherapist would have said: Get a lawyer if the team force you to drive with that - or you will be a cripple at 40ty.:D

ByTheWay: I solved this RL bug by not using a virtual wheel. Clever me :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Did British Leyland Build this car?

Ducks and Covers............:whistle::D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Oh man - this is a winner.:)
    Hahaha I cant stop laughing :p:p

ByTheWay: Eventhough Im not british I guess this is some of the good british ability to laugh at themselves. OK? ;)

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They should have hired a racer with a short left arm and a normal right arm to find the optimal steering. :D I would hate it this kind stuff. I remember my GT Omega Supreme was slightly offset.. I hated it so much.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually I read last months F1 racing on the dumper and they had an article about a British racer and F1 driver in the 60's I think it was who was born with a deformed short left arm and only a couple of fingers I think it was, your post reminded me of it

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Marius H

Well, that boy that crashed his F3 on Donington a couple of years ago races with analoge paddles now. If I am correct.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

But please don't open another thread, if you start driving the McLaren M23 :p Because it has a similar wheel position. You basically have more room for the shifter.

ByTheWay: Look at the model of the Brabham BT44, which has a bulge on the right side of the Cockpit exterior, this is another solution, to deal with the stickshifter space :)

This slightly offset wheel is not that uncomfortable though, easy to recreate at home too, if the wheel is mounted a bit offset to seating position in the own simulator for a try. It's still fairly drivable and even not really that noticeable after a while.^^

12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Oh Marius and Aussie you have so many "special" stories about this issue - but because its not really allowed to laugh at cripples and disabled people I have keep my mouth closed.
    But its hard not to start at least a little giggle - but I dont. :whistle:
    Deep breath ... mpfs...:whistle:

ByTheWay: When I look at my own pic of this issue it looks like Reiza has not only "ofsetted" the wheel axis to the left - but also skewed/angled the wheel even further to the left. But when I then check the posted pic of the RL car it also looks like it has this further angle to the left. Could be some photo distortion but still strange.:p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Marius H

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

@Marius H thanks for posting.
    Horrible crash.
    Its difficult not to think that this young guy really does show his stuff(?) or rather what he is made of.:)

About 10 years ago (15?) a young upcomming danish formula driver Jason Watt (friend of Kevin Magnussen ;)) had an MC accident where he broke his spine so he became completely paralyzed all the way south of his breast.
    He was so wellknown in Denmark that a national fund-raising got him ½ million danish DKK (about 80000 USD) - so together with a lot of sponsors he was then able to start his own racing team.

As I remember there was even rumours that he would participate in Le Mans in a special car (LMP 2 ?) prepared so it was possible to shift drivers between his fully handcontrolled wheel to drivers using normal wheel and pedals.

ByTheWay: Luckily Im not Jason Watt eventhough I use some kind of the same wheel configuration ;)

15. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Ah - the good old days when you could laugh at cripples and disabled people. Can you expand on what pleasure you got on mocking those less fortunate than you? You sound a bit of a prick if I'm honest.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Marius H

Gary relaxxxxx. Remember Great Britain. It features a cripple and it was funnnnnyyyyyyy. Oh man. Ahh well. Here we go again...

Btw back in days I started to get sore back cause of my GT Omege wasn't aligned. Oof oof.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Yeah and you sound more than a bit stupid - without able to proper understanding english.
    Or humour:rolleyes:
    And why the hell should I use time to explain anything to a person like you?:rolleyes:
    Waste of time. But Im glad this forum has a certain setting for a person like you :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Without moaning I have described in several humorous posts that the reason I use a 100% specially handcontrolled wheel setup - is because Im a cripple/handicapped person myself because of former leg accident. :whistle:
    Hehe but have a nice day in your political correctness:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Billy monger? That was F4.

19. Marius H

Yeah. I edited that in a reply further.