1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaction to Ermin's Video

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by steelreserv, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

we are talking about a channel that has few views on average. The only videos that have enough views are the first ones that talk about ams2. He received sponsorships for those videos, built the studio etc, all downhill from that moment, unsolicited life comments, schizophrenic opinions on the same product, empty content from professional youtubers looking for clicks. I haven't followed him for a long time. I see that we get worse. I'm too old to follow these clashes between "personalities". I choose life.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Drama(negative or positive) always drives clicks...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

I tuned out from Ermin after his 3rd PC3 rant video...
    So exhausting listening to him whine...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Another option is that he could have been right both times too. I know when I first got AMS2 (after the Early Access period), I thought it was a breath of fresh air and I liked the FFB. I found with each release that what I liked about its initial feel diminished a bit, then it got a bit better, then a bit worse, so I seem to be of a similar opinion to Ermin.

rF2 is my 'go to' sim, and I have ACC also, but it never gives me that urge to stick at it, and so I drive it less even than AMS2. I hope AMS2 starts to give me that urge to not put it down, and my fingers are crossed that it does.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I feel that AMS2 takes two steps forward, then one step back, repeat ad infinitum. So it IS progressing, but it's long road.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I said it many times before and I say it again, comparing a 1 year old sim with a 3 year old sim is a mute point. If you really want to compare AMS2 with ACC, take the 2019 version of ACC and lets see how it holds up. Let's wait and see where AMS2 is in 2 years.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I'd like to preface this pedantry by saying I absolutely agree with your point, and apologising in advance. But... it's "moot point". :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Atanas Dmyanov

Atanas Dmyanov New Member

I can't understand why people compere different sims instead of comparing with real life driving experience. I drive racing cars from a long time and the closest to real life feeling at the moment is AMS2 for some of the cars. Yes i don't know how formula or GT3 cars feel, that's why can't say all cars are doing well. The other most important aspect of simulation is VR. This is the second most important after physics, because gives you the best immersion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How did I promote his channel?

10. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, good Sir. I learned something today ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Comparing games makes the most sense, as that is an apples to apples comparison, whereas comparing a game to real life is an apples to pears comparison. Not many of us have driven a real racing car, and if we have, we probably weren't allowed to push it to its limits, so any comparison is going to be difficult. The short time I spent in a Formula Ford gave me more sensations than sitting in front of a desk in VR ever can (unfortunately!).

12. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

I see what you mean, but we also need to consider the fact that AMS2 is no longer an early access title, and as much as we know it is still a work in progress and it's improving a lot, it is presented to the public as a full product as is, and as such we also need to analyze how both compare as a product right now.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I agree with any of Ermin's opinions, I just think that, while we need to factor in the development period of all sims, we also need to consider their status as of now, because that's how people are going to when deciding what to buy and where to race.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Seriously? An youtuber post about a youtuber? :p And I should care?

come on, opinions are opinions. :) Everybody is allowed to have one.
    It was always like that, it will always be like that.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

You did not, I apologize, I though, wrongly you had the OP, sorry, my mistake.

Steelreserv is promoting it. If it was not for his video and posting it here, I would be unaware of Armin's video.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not an opinion, when somebody states, it would be a matter of fact, that physics are "simplified and simcade" because of the Madness engine. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence

If you're referring to focusing on what's already here and excelling at a niche, that is just opinion vs opinion, and yours (his) are no more or less valid than mine. I'm a big fan of having a vision and sticking with it, putting in the work with no regrets. I mean, the best of both worlds would be to have both ultimately I guess.

Some days I regret the goal of doing setups for all of the GT1s on every track on the championship calendar pretty much every other week. lol but if I didnt do the best i could and finish the project, I might regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I find the camera to be really creepy. Something I should get over I guess. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. F2020

F2020 Member

I agree on this with certain cars, some are so alive and so sensitive and accurate.

I have a 500bhp car and have driven a few hi bhp track cars, AMS2 in certain cars is awesome and near best in class.

Re the part on YouTubers, its a shame a lot of the mainstream YouTubers are heavily aligned to various titles, they really can effect the buzz of a sim.

If i was Jimmy Broadbent & Kunos / whoever came along and chucked 100K in cash to up talk their sim over another, people like him are there for the taking.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. F2020

F2020 Member

Biggest load of nonsense chucked around on the internet about the engine.

The amount of rubbish said about Madness is crazy, if people actually read up on it, its history and what is getting developed for it, its a non-topic.

ACC used a dog of an engine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I wish you wouldn't talk over his video so much, otherwise I agree with your arguments, especially those about the big Simracing Youtubers, especially Jimmy. I've been subsribed to him since he had 4k or 5k subs because he was shouted out by @Empty Box in a video. I watched him grow and grow and slowly loose his passion to the money machine. I left when he started with the F1 games and his GT marathons. I don't begrudge him his success, but I lost my favourite Youtuber then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1