Time Trial Mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by geisterfahrer, Mar 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it would be interesting to have (1) single-attempt, point-to-point rally competitions (2) multiple-attempt / cumulative time hillclimb competitions (3) single-attempt, asynchronous qualification competition like point-to-point but time is best lap during single qualification session on a circuit (4) multi-track version of #3 where shortest overall time is winner like #2 (5) single-attempt race weekend competition where race results against AI are compared and lowest overall race time is tie-breaker when two or more drivers have same result and (6) a multi-race version of #5 where winner is driver with most points just like a normal championship.

The ability to control time trial conditions suggests that the above is also possible.

2. Yapci

Yapci New Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the fastest laptime setup could be public

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On Montreal you can gain 2 seconds not running the official track but driving the pits on the end of the start/finish straight

4. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

It's simple: time trial mode is for "one lap" pace, so the same conditions for everyone, i don't see what's hard to understand here, if you want to change weather or day/night, you have other modes where you can do that :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TeSL9

TeSL9 Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) AMS2 Club Member

Having fun with the time trial mode, but i have a question.

I don't know if this is discussed already, but is there going to be a pre heated brakes and tyres in time trial mode? And the start (the control of the car) should be a few corners back, so you have full speed in the startline.
    It's frustrating with specially long tracks, to "waste" the first lap away, you know. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish i were fast from the get-go without any warming up needed :)

7. SaxOhare

Heating your tyres and brakes is part of your driving skills and depending from the setup you use.
    So I think it should not be the same ((not)ideal) for everyone in the first lap.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is being worked on as far as I know, since it's kinda pointless to start a TT session on a flying lap and not be able to actually put in a flyer because you're still on cold tires and brakes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Was driving today some hot laps in TT mode, then arrived at Cascavel I saw there are two guys who set with the V8 Stock Cars .01.x times. Should be nearly impossible to reach since the aero update.

With the "older" aero settings the .01's were possible but now I'm a bit confused. Tried everything on the setup and got maximum push and I can't imagine that sb give me more than 1s at Cascavel.

Any other thoughts about it maybe?
    Thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Same as with Taruma chicane layout, makes no sense to drive without a time reset. Old physics I was at 07.x and now a smooth .09 lap and only 5th. Absolutely senseless atm, I'm sorry.

11. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Again, how is it possible that this "Tim O'Glock" guy is 1.5s then everybody at Interlagos chicane layout?
    My 1.38.1 was pretty much on the limit with the Stock Cars but his time is not explainable ... no it seems impossible ...

12. SaxOhare

How is it possible you are 3 seconds faster then i am in a Stock Car V8 on Cascavel ?
    Sometimes we have to admit we are slow :)

snail.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Dear Mr @SaxOhare, for sure there are many faster people then me out there but believe me, my racing experience is since 10 years definetaly on a pretty good level, furthermore I had some decent succes in strong leagues like TPS WTCC and otherwise cars.

I'm driving the Stock Cars since a long time but I can't imagine that somebody give me 1.5s at Interlagos with this combination, because I know how fast my lap was and you can see it at Mike Dos Santos time, who set aswell a fantastic time!

Would like to see a video response from you @Tim O'Glock and would see you on track at some point.

When I look at the sector times, in my opinion the thing is obviously.

14. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure what you mean with that last sentence but I will prepare a video for you.

I don't do a lot of racing at the moment. I occasionally drive in the RaceDepartment club races. If you are really interested in racing with me, you should join one of the races.

15. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

@Tim O'Glock first of all I've no problem with you.

With the sentence I mean that you doing obvious something unexplainable massive different than any other.

Really looking forward to the video and yes hopefully we'll see us soon on track.

For me it's unbelieveable because before the aero update I could set equal times compared to you.

Greetings Jan

16. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Aliens are aliens. The name is useful for explaining your question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Jan Stange I just beat your Stock Car V8 time at Cascavel by 3 tenths so I am thinking that like most of us you are not an alien. :(

I've watched some YT videos put up by "Tim" and the times look legit as far as I can see.

18. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

...and there is a difference between driving at the limit of grip and at the limit of possible grip.

19. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Whats legit is the fact that there's always someone unbelievably faster than you.

I console myself however with the knowledge that at race pace most people who're around a second faster than me tend to be far more erratic over long distances.

Remember, racing ain't just hotlapping. That's the booze I feed myself to deal with the distress of reality. XD

• Like Like x 2