1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ok, it seems the next file will be tomorrow, still stuff to adjust...

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg @Shadak

Incredible, with LFB 2 I can drive all the cars as well as the ones I hated ... both those where the front was more or less vague, and those where the rear tended to start ... now they are all settled .. guys do not fix or upset anything please ... just add the improvements you thought before this discussion for the next 3.7!!!! Let us investigate first without stopping the current evolution ;)

I don't know if the reasoning is replicable on the other bases but try it (maybe not only for DDs but try it):
    1) use the 3.6 default file with only the setting of your center (in my case 0.8) and no other changes, absolutely nothing except at most the effects, but nothing else;
    2) Then set LFB = 2 (or a range 0-4);
    3) Start with Ultimate 2019 at SPA and go up with Gain to the crop limit and even a little further (the important thing is that you don't notice it in the steering wheel, it doesn't matter if you see a red bar) ... that's what it is the maximum GAIN (For me it was 76);
    4) Now set on LowEnd wheel the DP (power stering) with a reduction of +/- 10 units of value compared to the GAIN and you have your DP or Power Steering (in my case 66) and for DDs the value that is to your liking based on the above gain value;
    5) Season with FX to taste in my case also 66.

Summarizing i have now in game 76-2-66-66 with rFuktor 3.6 and center 0.8

For example if your max GAIN is 60, then the DP is 50, the LFB is always 2 and FX to taste with your center. ;)

Then if you want use % */- Gain in setting car... but not necessary for understand :whistle:

Well now use all the cars you want focusing on driving and the feel of the wheels and remember to load default setup on all car ... leave out curbs, scrubs, textures and all the other items ... just focus on consistency, angles and greed... for me it was enlightening how all cars were with the front placed on the ground, with the rear under my control, with a very informative tires and OS and DS, etc. etc. etc. ... WELL I HAVE ENJOYED AS NEVER EVER ... AND TOMORROW I WILL ONLY FOCUS ON TUNING THE SECONDARY PARAMETERS TO MY PLEASURE (curbs, scrubs, textures and all the other items) ... a miracle that I hope is not only in my head and that it can be replicated on you!!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Ok, dumb question from a dummie.

I'm still using 3.1 and being a tech dummie have been put off using any of the newer files as they seem to come as a page with edit notes that I don't understand how to use. I'm one of those people that's worried they'll do irreparable damage - an idiot, essentially!

If I wanted to use @Ray Sheppard setup from page 1 for the CSL Elite do I download the notes then open up my 3.1 file and change settings to those in the linked file from Ray then just save as? Or is there a simple file to download that I'm missing?

4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

there’s many things that have changed since then . but if you wanted to use that particular tune of rays , then you need to download it to be sure .
    then just copy and paste into my docs ams2 folder. Just make sure you rename it if it has anything other than
    ffb_custom_settings
    in file name .
    the same applies to newer files which offer much more now .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

^
    Ignore the post above. It's so easy even I can do it. Great feeling too - thanks to everyone who has worked on this and shared for people like me.

6. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Thanks Kuku - I think I've done it. The difference is actually quite dramatic too which makes me think I've done it correctly.

I take my hat off to guys like you who tinker, improve and share - the changes over the months have been astonishing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just make sure you back up the file you are using now, download the file you want, and put it in the same folder as the one you are using now and make change the name of the downloaded file to ffb_custom_settings.txt Done.

Edit - Whoops too late with reply.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Be aware that files older than RF 3.5 will have the rain bug (wheel goes very weird in rain conditions). I'm currently using the default RF 3.5 file because of this. I plan to wait for the next file before tweaking any further.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Kuku Maddog

The guts of this is way above my pay grade
    but the great thing about the way the files are written is that you can make adjustments to individual effects without getting into the nitty gritty mind f*#k of the rest of the file . o_O

10. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’d like to think that’s why I’ve been so poor in the rain - but I doubt it. I’m now on 3.5 and aware Karsten has a new version due out, possibly today.

I really need to learn and understand more about ffb forces. I’m staggered at how so many of you can pin point individual forces within a given file. I think I’m just doing things by the seat of my pants most of the time.:)

11. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Hey Stakanov, What parameter do you mean with center?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stakanov

SharedScreenshot.jpg
    WithLogitech and the last final rFuktor3.6 a value of +/- 0.8 ... and default relax of 0.4
    In game 76-66-66-66 ;) or if you want test the absence of oscillation set in game 76-02-66-66 :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  13. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Lars Mars right now

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

so you don't use the tighten range and falloff anymore?

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Stakanov

I like the tighten range and falloff, in the center and to mitigate the oscillation, but it is not enough to eliminate it even if we say it is more tolerable ... but if on the one hand I improve something, on the other hand I distort the coherence of the file, especially since the custom files use the relaxation curves of the crossover, the OS, the DS and the Yaw .. . the use of tightening is certainly possible but on condition that you use values and curves that are completely different from those of the guys who compile the files and use the DDs ...
    I think the two items (range and falloff) should be better implemented in the file, but if they don't use a cheap basis and they don't use tightening, it becomes difficult for them to create something coherent ... and it doesn't seem right to waste time afterwards all the work they already do for us ... ... they must always go by trial and error based on what we tell them ... and when we are not talking about facts, but about sensations, various personal interpretations arise ... who says one thing and who another and none is wrong or just because they are sensations ... in short, it becomes complicated for everyone ...

Regardless, in this 3.7 final I will try to make 3 versions of the KArsten's file, one with thiyrning, another without and finally one without and with practically zero LFB ;)

17. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

As we cant test on nom-DD, it might feel different, especially tearing/scrub. There is also now a very nice change that takes weight jnto account in a better way for road "feel" on suspension travel etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Removed 3.7 file due to error found.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  19. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rFuktor 3.7 feels pretty good and thank you for the update.

20. Kuku Maddog

I look forward to trying 3.7 later.
    while some cars felt marvellous on 3.6 , some others felt rough.
    I just updated my thrustmaster firmware to 2021 3.2 as well so will be interesting if that changes anything more than just compatibility with new products.
    it felt a little smoother in idle state